Windows 10: Win 10 update will not complete

Discus and support Win 10 update will not complete in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Thought it was time to update to Windows 10 from 1809 to version 1909, on x64 based PC, Intel I5 processor, 8 GB RAM - and then the problems started!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DougMcCormick1, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Win 10 update will not complete

Thought it was time to update to Windows 10 from 1809 to version 1909, on x64 based PC, Intel I5 processor, 8 GB RAM - and then the problems started!

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909

Download appears OK but install fails

Also pending install but never get to be installed are:

2019-12 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.7.2 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64 KB4533094

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64 KB4486153

At the end of the attempted install the messages are:

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909 - Error 0x8007007e

019-12 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.7.2 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64 KB4533094 - Error 0x80073712

Status: Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later. Error code: 0x80073712

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64 KB4486153 - Error 0x80073712

Status: Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later. Error code: 0x80073712

Decided to download the Windows 10 iso file and when I ran setup, got the error ‘autorun.dll corrupt …. Error 0x36B3’

Tried several of the MS fixes but no change. Opened the autorun.dll and the content shows:

[AutoRun.Amd64]

open=setup.exe

icon=setup.exe,0

[AutoRun]

open=sources\SetupError.exe x64

icon=sources\SetupError.exe,0

Doesn’t look like a dll file to me!

:)

DougMcCormick1, Dec 28, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Win 10 update will not complete :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 28, 2019
  3. NGeo Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Hey Dj Urko, I am trying to install the realtek driver and I get the error 0x0001. I have disabled secure boot and Driver signature. I have the latest win 10 build. What am I doing wrong? Can u post the complete list of steps that I have to take? I have an asus z170 with alc1150.
    Thanks in advance

4. Win 10 update will not complete

Win 10 1607 update

Installed the update manually at the the moment everything is bueno.
    It seems that Microsoft has a big problem in there update department windows 7 update has problems win 8 update has problems. Windows 10 update is so-so.

Countryside, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 update will not complete

1. Win 10 update will not complete - Similar Threads - update complete

2. I was stuck in a bootloop after Windows Update Assistant completed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I was stuck in a bootloop after Windows Update Assistant completed: I update my computer using windows 10 update assistant and just after my computer crashed and was stuck in a crash loop. I tried putting the iso of windows 10 but it was still stuck in a crash loop...
  3. I was stuck in a bootloop after Windows Update Assistant completed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I was stuck in a bootloop after Windows Update Assistant completed: I update my computer using windows 10 update assistant and just after my computer crashed and was stuck in a crash loop. I tried putting the iso of windows 10 but it was still stuck in a crash loop...
  4. I was stuck in a bootloop after Windows Update Assistant completed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. We couldnt complete updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We couldnt complete updates: Hallo microsoft, I need your support. I still cant update windows on my laptop, since new year. It says we couldnt complete updates. I ve tried a lot of things, like running in safe mode, deleting update distribution folder, expand recovery partition, run troubleshooter, run...
  6. We couldnt complete updates

We couldnt complete updates: Hallo microsoft, I need your support. I still cant update windows on my laptop, since new year. It says we couldnt complete updates. I ve tried a lot of things, like running in safe mode, deleting update distribution folder, expand recovery partition, run troubleshooter, run...
  7. We couldnt complete updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. My ASUS TUF A15 updated but now my taskbar is completely gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My ASUS TUF A15 updated but now my taskbar is completely gone: So I have a Asus laptop TUF FA507RE before an update my WiFi icon was gone I couldn’t connect to the internet so I was like hmmmm maybe if I updated to the latest version it would fix then I updated and I got stuck in a boot loop which eventually finished but then I noticed...
  9. My ASUS TUF A15 updated but now my taskbar is completely gone

My ASUS TUF A15 updated but now my taskbar is completely gone: So I have a Asus laptop TUF FA507RE before an update my WiFi icon was gone I couldn’t connect to the internet so I was like hmmmm maybe if I updated to the latest version it would fix then I updated and I got stuck in a boot loop which eventually finished but then I noticed...
  10. My Windows 11 software update within the last 15 minutes completely messed up my PIN. code...

My Windows 11 software update within the last 15 minutes completely messed up my PIN. code...: I went through 2 Windows 11 software updates last night.after the last one, I clicked shut down.brought it up today and was doing stuff. i got to a breakpoint and saw I needed to install another set of updates. I did that and now it doesn't recognize the PIN that I've been...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. setuperror.exe

2. icon=sources setuperror.exe 0