Windows 10: Win 10 Update wiping out entered documents and bookmarks

Discus and support Win 10 Update wiping out entered documents and bookmarks in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have 4 computers. They all update within a day or two of each other. 3 of the computers are updating with no problems at all. One HP Desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DougBreaux, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Win 10 Update wiping out entered documents and bookmarks

I have 4 computers. They all update within a day or two of each other. 3 of the computers are updating with no problems at all. One HP Desktop computer started wiping out all entered information, bookmark saved to Yahoo and Chrome, and just about everything that was entered in before the update . This has been going on for at least 4 updates now. Any one else having this problem?

:)

DougBreaux, Sep 17, 2019
  2. Pixie Win User

Wipe and install Win 7

I am beyond happy with this OS, and wish to install Win 7 wiping Win 10, can someone offer me a step by step guide please

Pixie, Sep 17, 2019
  3. Wipe and install Win 7

Confusing.
    I assume you mean "not happy" instead of "beyond happy".

At the very least you'll need:
    1. A legitimate W7 install disk and Product Key
    2. KB976932 Service Pack 1
    3. Driver install files
    4. KB3020369 Prerequisite for KB3125574
    5. KB3125574 W7 SP1 Update Rollup (Windows will be updated to April 2016)

Then follow this tutorial:
    https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorial...ndows-7-a.html

Once you have successfully installed W7, the updates listed above and the drivers, install a program like Macrium Reflect and create at least 2 Backup System Images (on different external HDDs).
    https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorial...e-macrium.html

Once you have created the Backup System Images, you can risk downloading the remaining updates for W7.
    I only install the Security-Only updates (and some fixes for them):

Win 10 Update wiping out entered documents and bookmarks [​IMG]

Note:
    You'll also need to apply IE and .NET updates separately.

lehnerus2000, Sep 17, 2019
  4. Kursah Win User

Win 10 Update wiping out entered documents and bookmarks

Google Chrome keeps resetting bookmarks position

Can you list what tasks/steps you've done thus far in your attempt to resolve it?

Have you logged off your profile (if using Sync) and done a complete wipe of the browser?

How about uninstall and then wipe any remaining data?

Do you have another device you can sort on that it works fine or you could test with?

Kursah, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 Update wiping out entered documents and bookmarks

1. Win 10 Update wiping out entered documents and bookmarks - Similar Threads - Update wiping entered

2. Windows 11 update wiped out bookmarks, app user settings, email accounts, etc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 update wiped out bookmarks, app user settings, email accounts, etc.: A recent Windows update wiped out browser extensions and other preferences, bookmarks in all web browsers, email accounts in my email app Mailbird, user settings in other applications, etc. I'm not even sure I've found all the settings it wiped out. Fortunately, it didn't...
  3. Windows 11 update wiped out bookmarks, app user settings, email accounts, etc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 update wiped out bookmarks, app user settings, email accounts, etc.: A recent Windows update wiped out browser extensions and other preferences, bookmarks in all web browsers, email accounts in my email app Mailbird, user settings in other applications, etc. I'm not even sure I've found all the settings it wiped out. Fortunately, it didn't...
  4. Windows 10 update & wiping my documents

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update & wiping my documents: I would like some support with an issue I faced after being forced to install the upgrade to windows 10. Before Christmas, one evening I went to log on to my laptop to back up all my files, ready for a change of job and a start of my uni degree in January so that I was all...
  5. Windows 10 update wiped out everything

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 update wiped out everything: How do i get all of my documents and photos and files back after windows 10 updated deleted everything. Hundreds of dollars in photo programs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-wiped-out-everything/5c622ab8-ab72-4a39-892a-16e8f8f20ed7
  6. Windows 10 wiped out all my documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 wiped out all my documents: I switched on my HP laptop today and worked on it, everything was fine. I left it on sleep for about 2 hours, and came back to find there was a notification that Windows had signed me out of my user account. However, it logged in, and I found my desktop wallpaper was changed...
  7. Update wiped out writing

Update wiped out writing: So... today, Microsoft decided I really, really, REALLY needed to have the new g-whiz update. I woke up to an "restart now or restart tonight?" message. Given that I was in the middle of writing and needed to have my computer open and working today to deal with an unrelated...
  8. Win 10 Update 1809 Wiped Out Almost all of my Settings

Win 10 Update 1809 Wiped Out Almost all of my Settings: I use a dual physical drive approach, a smaller "system" SSD for Win 10 and Software, and a larger HDD for Data. Once I get the system totally set up the way "I" want it, I use Partition Wizard to migrate the system drive to a second bootable SSD that I connect via a drive...
  9. Update wiped out computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update wiped out computer: Last night when I went to shut down my Surface Pro 2 it asked to install updates. This morning the computer says it lost my desktop location and all I have is a black screen with a couple icons in the task bar that do not work. The windows button does not work and even the...
  10. wiping out data without removing Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    wiping out data without removing Win 10: I want to prepare my desktop before selling it and wipe all personal data. I am aware of tools like DBAN which would wipe out the entire disk including Win 10. I would prefer not to do that. On a related note - my desktop is HP - came with Windows 7 - has the disk...