Windows 10: win 10 update

Discus and support win 10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Had windows insider 10 on my spare machine and then it died. Had to re-install win 7 and now it cannot upgrade to win 10 again. This happened EXACTLY... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Joe E123, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Joe E123 Win User

win 10 update

Had windows insider 10 on my spare machine and then it died. Had to re-install win 7 and now it cannot upgrade to win 10 again. This happened EXACTLY on Jan 14. the day win 7 has been deactivated by Microsoft. It Is an old machine, 4 to 5 years old but still can be used. Any ideas on how to upgrade? Or just use it till it dies?

:)

Joe E123, Jan 24, 2020

2. Win 10 1607 update

Installed the update manually at the the moment everything is bueno.
    It seems that Microsoft has a big problem in there update department windows 7 update has problems win 8 update has problems. Windows 10 update is so-so.

Countryside, Jan 24, 2020
  3. win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Jan 24, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

win 10 update

dalchina, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

win 10 update

1. win 10 update - Similar Threads - update

2. Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update: Today, I had a pop-up message from Windows that I needed to run an update on my computer. It didn’t give any choice when to run it, so I did. That was around noon. I had to attend an appointment so I left it running. When I returned at about 3:30 pm it said it was at 91%. It...
  3. Windows 10 Update Broke Computer

Windows 10 Update Broke Computer: I recently updated my desktop to whatever windows update it recommended and like always it failed which it has for the past couple months. This time though after it failed it has been stuck in a loop of the screen where you can enter BIOS, windows logo on black screen, black...
  4. Windows 10 update files lost and worse to come

Windows 10 update files lost and worse to come: I updated my lap top PC windows 10 as requested by Microsoft, after my pc re-configered itself i tried to log in but every time the following error message displayed “ user profile service service failed the sign in user profile”. Eventually after switching my pc off and on...
  5. Windows 10 version 1809 will not update

Windows 10 version 1809 will not update: Windows 10 version 1809 will not update I can download it and it starts to install gets to around 26% and then uninstalls everything .I have tried various way to fix the problem but none work .Now Microsoft say they are going to stop support for 1809 . I have been in touch...
  6. Unable to update my Bluetooth driver on my Inspiron 3542 Windows 10 64bit

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to update my Bluetooth driver on my Inspiron 3542 Windows 10 64bit: I have been trying to update my Bluetooth driver since I've been having issues with my Bluetooth earbuds. They suddenly stop working however the connection is active just no sound. At the beginning I would pause the vid and restarted and it worked again. Now I have to...
  7. "Check Online for Updates from Windows Update" option disappears sometimes.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Check Online for Updates from Windows Update" option disappears sometimes.: I'm working with PC's on a domain with WSUS, but sometimes I want to bypass WSUS and check for updates from Windows Update (like if there are errors downloading from WSUS). However, whenever there are any errors with the standard "Check for Updates" option, the "Check...
  8. AMD driver update from Windows Update

AMD driver update from Windows Update: Recently I have updated my AMD drivers to the newest ones in AMD official site, however after installing that, Windows Update tried to force me to install the old version of AMD drivers; can anyone help me with this one ? Thank you all first :D...
  9. [UPDATE] managed to merge 292GB partition to Data H:\ how do i change the simple volume...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [UPDATE] managed to merge 292GB partition to Data H:\ how do i change the simple volume...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Device_Manager [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f6kaim/update_managed_to_merge_292gb_partition_to_data_h/
  10. delay updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    delay updates: the laptop does not usually connect to the internet. sadly i need to connect for a few minutes to put avg on before i download adobe photoshop. photoshop will be used for at most 5 weeks and does not (so i am told) need to be connected all the time - just occasionaly while...