Windows 10: Win 10 updated but cannot login

Discus and support Win 10 updated but cannot login in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have just had a Win10 update today and now cannot log on to my computer. I have a password which is not recognized and there is not now the facility... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PeterPeng3, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Win 10 updated but cannot login

I have just had a Win10 update today and now cannot log on to my computer.
    I have a password which is not recognized and there is not now the facility to put the pin number in.
    Can anyone help?

:)

PeterPeng3, Aug 10, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Aug 10, 2018
  3. Win 10 1607 update

Installed the update manually at the the moment everything is bueno.
    It seems that Microsoft has a big problem in there update department windows 7 update has problems win 8 update has problems. Windows 10 update is so-so.

Countryside, Aug 10, 2018
  4. Win 10 updated but cannot login

win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 updated but cannot login

1. Win 10 updated but cannot login - Similar Threads - updated cannot login

2. win 10 login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    win 10 login: asking to use Microsoft Login which I have never used. now getting message "you've requested too many codes today. please try again tomorrow". How can I get a code if the email is on the computer I am trying to log in to?...
  3. win 10 login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 10 login: asking to use Microsoft Login which I have never used. now getting message "you've requested too many codes today. please try again tomorrow". How can I get a code if the email is on the computer I am trying to log in to?...
  4. win 10 login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot login at 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot login at 20H2 update: This is immediately after the 20H2 update. I have a personal account setup that I cannot login to. I enter the password, it begins the login process, then immediately logs me back off. I can login to the admin account account with issues. I need my personal account back....
  6. Win 10 login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 login: Since I have installed Office 365 - only in the last week my computer has come up with a screen on boot which asks for my Pin/Password. I just want to boot the computer without any sign in or pin. How do I do this please? Bob Jenner...
  7. Win 10 login.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win 10 login.: My login keeps switching back and forth from password to pin to password. I have checked everything I know to check. I have it set for pin access all the time, but within past two weeks or so this has begun. I have seen the same issuess from threads from 2016 and this is...
  8. Cannot login after Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot login after Windows 10 Update: Hi, Some days ago after a Windows update i was unable to login, all login attempts returned to the initial screen with the hours. I ended up rollbacking to the previous day image to solve the issue. Today my kid decided to install the update again and once more the...
  9. Updated win 10 now can't login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Updated win 10 now can't login: I did updates and now I can't logon to the PC. I did not setup a MS account when I got the machine and used only a password to the PC and had not problems. 85299
  10. Cannot login to win 10 anniversary update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot login to win 10 anniversary update: Of course after I set everything to not need password login my PC and MS reset everything back to login with password or PIN. Sure these are all saved, on drives etc. only accessible from the PC environment. There is a lot of bad information on how to successfully recover...