Windows 10: Win 10 Updates/ Hardware/ Drivers

Discus and support Win 10 Updates/ Hardware/ Drivers in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi all. Just to let you know, I have the latest version of Win 10 Pro, 1803, released back on April 30th. With what I want to ask, perhaps there was a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Pez, May 9, 2018.

1. PEZ
    Pez Win User

Win 10 Updates/ Hardware/ Drivers

Hi all.

Just to let you know, I have the latest version of Win 10 Pro, 1803, released back on April 30th. With what I want to ask, perhaps there was a change in this latest update and it's why I'm seeing what I'm seeing.

When it comes to my system's hardware and updates for it's latest drivers, I prefer to go to the manufacturer's web site, download the drivers, and install them myself. The specific reason for me writing this post is regarding my graphics card.

I have an EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC, and when I want the latest drivers, I go to Nvidia's web site and download & install them.

Now I don't know what possessed me to do this *Devil, but the other day I was in Device Manager, and I expanded Display Adapters (which shows my GTX 1080 card). I right-clicked on my card, chose "Update Driver Software", then chose "Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software"....and it found an update. I found this odd, because, I had just recently updated to driver version 397.64 from Nvidia's web site.

After it installed this update it found, I checked to see what version it was; it was version 391.01. That was from months ago; I didn't want that! So, I went about the process of uninstalling those drivers, and then installing the most recent drivers from Nvidia's site.

Then, most recently, I went into Windows Settings, Update & Security, Windows Updates: It was showing that it had downloaded updated drivers for my Nvidia-based graphics card, my 1080. There then is an "Install" button for me to click on to finish this process. Wait....wut?!?!

And it's not even the latest drivers for my graphics card, it's an "older" one again. *Mad

What's going on here?!?! I don't want Windows automatically downloading drivers for my hardware, graphics card or otherwise.

So, this is what I wanted to find out: Did a feature change in Windows 10 latest update to version 1803? To automatically update your drivers for your hardware components? I did not select that feature before, and I've had Windows 10 since 2015.

And, I realize there's a Sticky Post in this forum for stopping Windows 10 Updates: Stop Windows 10 Updates Properly and Completely

I don't want Windows 10 Updates to stop completely, just not to update the drivers to my hardware automatically.

I also found a Tutorial on this site, regarding Disabling Driver Updates in Windows 10: Enable or Disable Driver Updates in Windows Update in Windows 10

I want to find out if this Tutorial still applies with the latest build of Windows 10 (1803). I'm not in front of my home computer right now (I'm at work, and they have Windows 7), but from the Tutorial on this, it's saying to: "Go to Update & security icon. Click on Windows Update on the left side, and click on the Advanced options link under Update settings on the right side. Check (on - default) or uncheck (off) Include driver updates when I update Windows under Choose how updates are installed for what you want."

I can check & verify this when I get home, but the only thing that concerns me is that it says at the beginning of this Tutorial that, "This option is no longer available starting with Windows 10 Build 15019."

So, what say you all? Will I be able to stop Windows 10 from automatically updating the drivers/ software for my hardware?

:)

Thema:

Win 10 Updates/ Hardware/ Drivers

1. Win 10 Updates/ Hardware/ Drivers - Similar Threads - Updates Hardware Drivers

2. Hardware Driver Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hardware Driver Updates: Hello,I have several machines with HP updates pending. Hewlett-Packard - USB - 4/8/2019 12:00:00 AM - 1.0.0.237 listed twiceHP Inc. - WSD Printer - HP Printer BIDII have downloaded and installed the correct drivers from HP, yet these still show in windows update. I do not...
  3. Hardware Driver Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hardware Driver Updates: Hello,I have several machines with HP updates pending. Hewlett-Packard - USB - 4/8/2019 12:00:00 AM - 1.0.0.237 listed twiceHP Inc. - WSD Printer - HP Printer BIDII have downloaded and installed the correct drivers from HP, yet these still show in windows update. I do not...
  4. Hardware Driver Updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. hardware driver update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hardware driver update: I have a hardware device PCI card attached to a PC in an expansion chassis. There was an update to the driver so I downloaded the new driver from the vendor website, unzipped it into a folder. Ran device manager, right clicked the device and selected "Update driver". Selected...
  6. hardware driver update

hardware driver update: I have a hardware device PCI card attached to a PC in an expansion chassis. There was an update to the driver so I downloaded the new driver from the vendor website, unzipped it into a folder. Ran device manager, right clicked the device and selected "Update driver". Selected...
  7. hardware driver update

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. win 10 update no usb drivers

win 10 update no usb drivers: i have 4 networked computers updated all win 10 pro then next day no usb drivers did everything to correct brand new out of box hp 3000 book laptop wth microsoft thats how i get treated i spent hundreds of $$$$$$ you guys fix this NOW...
  9. Hardware driver

Hardware driver: Looking for driver for old zip driver using windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hardware-driver/9323e992-a608-43e6-9254-3922646f4f8d
  10. Hardware disabled when updating win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hardware disabled when updating win 10: I recently updated my PC [win 10, feature update OCT 2018]. After updating i lost my audio and touch pad driver. I updated them automatically and manually but did not not work, even trouble shooter could not find the problem. Hardware disabled and then enabled but did not...