Windows 10: Win 10 updates on HP Stream

Discus and support Win 10 updates on HP Stream in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have not yet been able to download 2019 big updates as I have insufficient space on hard drive. I do have external USB flash drive available but the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JacquelineMoore0803, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Win 10 updates on HP Stream

I have not yet been able to download 2019 big updates as I have insufficient space on hard drive. I do have external USB flash drive available but the system is telling me I need to free up a further 1.8 GB on hard drive. I have done all the recommended cleanup processes to no avail. The problem is the Windows Software Distribution folder with is over 5 GB large. I have read a couple of articles about deleting this folder but am nervous about doing so. I need some advice please.

:)

JacquelineMoore0803, Mar 1, 2020
  2. Peggsie Win User

HP Stream Notebook...Wifi Problems, Usb Problems, with Windows 10

I have an HP Stream 13 running build 10130. I'm not having any of the issues you are. I did a clean install after coming from previous preview builds.
    I followed the tutorial in the tutorial index at the top of this forum titled 'How to do a clean install of Windows 10 Preview."
    You have to download the ISO file for build 10130 and create a bootable USB flash drive. I used RUFUS. I did this on another PC running Win 8.1. Then I followed the rest of the steps in the tutorial on my HP Stream.

Hope this helps

Peggsie, Mar 1, 2020
  3. Rvlx Win User
    Is an HP Stream 7" update to Win 10 possible?

My stream 7 updated to win 10 no problem works great

Rvlx, Mar 1, 2020
  4. Win 10 updates on HP Stream

hp stream 11's touchpad not working

Hi Bradt,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing in Windows 10.

Please be assured that we will do our best to help you.

This might have occurred due to incompatible\ corrupted driver.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    Step 2: Let us try to download and install the latest chipset driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

A chipset driver is a type of driver that refers to what is needed for a computer operating system to work with and recognize the devices connected to the computer.

You may also, try the steps suggested by Edward Shockley (replied on January 1, 2016)
    in the following thread:

Touchpad not working, or found HP stream 11

Touchpad not working, or found HP stream 11

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

Win 10 updates on HP Stream

1. Win 10 updates on HP Stream - Similar Threads - updates Stream

2. Update Are Preventing Streaming

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update Are Preventing Streaming: Why can't I stream Movies/TV Series/anything from Windows Media Player 12 to my Samsung TV via NBN 5G Wireless Modem, while a Windows Update is waiting to be downloaded?? Why does the Windows or Microsoft downloads cancel my streaming options on Windows Media Player 12?...
  3. windows 10 update 2/27/2020 killed some video streaming

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 update 2/27/2020 killed some video streaming: www.go.cnn was working just fine until I restarted my computer this morning and now I can NOT stream anything on their site. The news ticker at the bottom doesn't even show up. I've cleared the cache several times, reset my internet several times, gone to my permissions on...
  4. windows update HP stream

windows update HP stream: I have an HP stream no hard drive space, most of it is system stuff that I don't think I can delete. how do I free up the hard drive space to be able to update???? I have external hard drive with plenty of space but that isn't enough. Any help would be gratefully received....
  5. HP Stream and Win 10 1909 update

HP Stream and Win 10 1909 update: I attempted to update my HP Stream to v.1909 with no success as the hard drive is too small at 32 gb. For previous updates I was able to use an external USB drive to assist in updating but that method was not offered this time. My problem is that the update downloaded a...
  6. HP Stream Using USB will not update windows 10

HP Stream Using USB will not update windows 10: Hello :) I have an HP Steam that is out of enough room for the latest Windows 10 update, so I got a 64G USB to obtain update, as Microsoft says to do. However, even though I now have Boohkhoo room on the USB, I tried and waited over 72 hours for it to update and it was...
  7. HP stream laptop that cannot be updated to windows 10 enough space

HP stream laptop that cannot be updated to windows 10 enough space: I cannot free up enough space on my HP stream to complete updates I have attached an external hard drive and still cannot free up enough space any suggestions?...
  8. I didn't have enough room on my HP Stream laptop for the latest windows 10 update so I used...

I didn't have enough room on my HP Stream laptop for the latest windows 10 update so I used...: Using a USB for my latest windows 10 update, I started it and finally gave up after waiting 80 hours for it to happen. I have an HP Stream laptop with windows 10 home/personal computer. I was 10G short and used a 64G USB. Can anyone help me with this??? I'm losing my...
  9. Xbox app now having spike lags while streaming from my Xb1 to my llaptop after latest update.

Xbox app now having spike lags while streaming from my Xb1 to my llaptop after latest update.: Hi everyone, I have been using Xbox app on windows 10 for a long time now with no problems at all even on very high quality streaming, but since latest update I started getting sudden lag spikes even after trying to stream on Medium quality,, So I know it's not my internet...
  10. HP Stream 11 unable to update to Windows 10 version 1803

HP Stream 11 unable to update to Windows 10 version 1803: I have 3GB of free storage on my hard drive so I am unable to update my computer. However it says I can update if I have an external storage with at least 11.6GB space plugged into my computer. I have a USB with 27GB plugged in but Windows will still not update for some...