Windows 10: Win 10 Updates, Upgrades, etc.

Discus and support Win 10 Updates, Upgrades, etc. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; II am running Win 10 on an x64 - based system with an AMD-A6 quad-core engine. Lately I am encouraged to update using the Microsoft updating system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mike_da_Gee, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Win 10 Updates, Upgrades, etc.

II am running Win 10 on an x64 - based system with an AMD-A6 quad-core engine. Lately I am encouraged to update using the Microsoft updating system and after all the code is added and my machine is meant to re-boot it does not. It hangs up in a never-never-land and won't re-"anything" until removed from all power sources, including battery power. For the record, out-of-the-box the machine was sold with Win-8 as the OS. X64 was meant to bring all our "on-the cusp " machines into the new Win 10 age. In many of these update/upgrade+failed re-start situations I have lost data on my computer. Is someone at the tiller? Is this failure to re-start only affecting x64-based machines? And if the machine has reached the end of its Software-Upgrade life, can we not be so informed?

:)

Mike_da_Gee, Jun 27, 2019

2. Upgrade from 8.1 to Win 10

Hi Roy,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this laptop compatible with Windows 10?
    • Are there drivers for Windows 10 for this laptop on HP website?

I would suggest you to temporarily disable/un-install any HP's software if you have installed.

Also, I would suggest you to start the upgrade by un-installing the updated drivers and installing basic windows drivers.

Follow the steps mentioned below:

• Right on the start icon and click on device manager

• Expand Network/Device adapters, Select the adapter, right click and click on un-install.

• Restart the computer.

Now start the upgrade from an ISO and see if that helps.

Hope this helps.

Waseemulla S, Jun 27, 2019
  3. Win 10 1607 update

Installed the update manually at the the moment everything is bueno.
    It seems that Microsoft has a big problem in there update department windows 7 update has problems win 8 update has problems. Windows 10 update is so-so.

Countryside, Jun 27, 2019
  4. Win 10 Updates, Upgrades, etc.

win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 Updates, Upgrades, etc.

1. Win 10 Updates, Upgrades, etc. - Similar Threads - Updates Upgrades etc

2. Upgrade to Win 10 Update 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade to Win 10 Update 1909: I had issues not being able to get any updates. that issue is now resolved, but when I try downloading update 1909, it prepares, downloads to 100% and stops. I left it in limbo for hours but nothing happened, even if I switch off, it is still there on start up. Any solutions...
  3. Win 10 PRO upgrade paid but no response (no key, etc)

Win 10 PRO upgrade paid but no response (no key, etc): hi, busy setting up a new laptop and just paid for Win 10 PRO upgrade, but have not received any product key etc. What is supposed to happen now? is there a waiting period? thank you...
  4. problem in upgrading and updating my win 8.1 to win 10

problem in upgrading and updating my win 8.1 to win 10: my window resource protection is corrupted when i update my genuine win 8 to win 8.1 no update is showing in window update checking in control panel its searching for updates endlessly and found nothing always showing checking for updates for hours . i troubleshoot everything...
  5. win 10 COAs & registration etc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    win 10 COAs & registration etc: Hi, I have one win 7 system and two win 8 systems. In essence I did a win 10 clean install, and as I had no new COA from MS, I assumed I could use my Win8.1 COA. Wrong! I am wondering if this is because of 2 possible reasons. (i) Although I pre-registered all three...
  6. Win 10 upgrade

Win 10 upgrade: I have switched to Mac about 4 years ago. Now a friend needs to upgrade from windows 7. Can I get a windows 10 upgrade and will it work on Win 7? Mark F. 99748
  7. Win7 SP1 Home Upgrade to Win 10 moves apps/etc to Windows.old

Win7 SP1 Home Upgrade to Win 10 moves apps/etc to Windows.old: I've ran the upgrade to win 10 twice now and its set to "Keep personal files and apps" even defaults to it like it should. But all the programs and such end up in Windows.old folder like I said "keep none" (I assume that is what happens). [img] I previously reverted...
  8. Upgrade for Win 8.1 Update WIMBoot Installations to Win 10

Upgrade for Win 8.1 Update WIMBoot Installations to Win 10: Do we know what will happen with users who have a WIMBoot Installation (aka compressed) installation of Windows 8.1 Update on their system? Will they get the update like the others or will they have to create their own Windows 10 WIMBootinstallation? edit: typo 6484
  9. Win 7 pictures (JPG, etc.) not readable in Win 10 ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 7 pictures (JPG, etc.) not readable in Win 10 ?: All the picture/images I created or downloaded in Windows 7 are unreadable in Windows 10 (or in Windows 8). When I try to open them in Windows 10 or in an image viewer app in Windows 10 I get an "Unknown Format". Does anyone know how I can properly access them in Windows 10...
  10. upgraded to win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    upgraded to win 10: upgraded to windows 10 went smooth other then NVidia driver needed update its seems to be running smooth should I do clean install 10688