Windows 10: Win 10 updates

Discus and support Win 10 updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My cpu has not successfully update more than 3 times in 13 months. This is now beyond a joke, and yet again had to go through to a customer service... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by W10SuksAzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Win 10 updates

My cpu has not successfully update more than 3 times in 13 months. This is now beyond a joke, and yet again had to go through to a customer service line (one that I am now not sure was even Microsoft) to request a call back to help. I did this yesterday for a call at 1130am UK time. this call didn't happen. I then get an automated call at 2AM!!!!! to tell me that that appointment had been cancelled (no Sh*t Sherlock). they then auto call twice more at 02:02 and 02:04 with same message!!!!

I am seriously considering legal action on this now for breach of terms of service. Totally unacceptable that a company can act like this and provide such a shoddy example of a service that is fit for purpose. totally not fit for purpose and its it soooo difficult to get any form of support.

Every time I try to update (or more specifically, forced to update) it starts its process, gets to a point, then fails to update, always reverting to previous version of windows.

:)

W10SuksAzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, Nov 18, 2018

2. Win 10 1607 update

Installed the update manually at the the moment everything is bueno.
    It seems that Microsoft has a big problem in there update department windows 7 update has problems win 8 update has problems. Windows 10 update is so-so.

Countryside, Nov 18, 2018
  3. win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Nov 18, 2018
  4. dalchina Win User

Win 10 updates

dalchina, Nov 18, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 updates

1. Win 10 updates - Similar Threads - updates

2. Update led to no bootable device screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update led to no bootable device screen: After the latest update, my pc kept showing the blue "ran into a problem page"and restarting. After a few times, it froze on that page so i force shutdown and now when i turn it on it shows the acer screen for a few seconds and then changes to a black page with a magnifying...
  3. Update led to no bootable device screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update led to no bootable device screen: After the latest update, my pc kept showing the blue "ran into a problem page"and restarting. After a few times, it froze on that page so i force shutdown and now when i turn it on it shows the acer screen for a few seconds and then changes to a black page with a magnifying...
  4. Update led to no bootable device screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Intel wifi card can't see the networks after windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel wifi card can't see the networks after windows update: I have a Lenovo G50-80 notebook. When I do a fresh install, I can see my Huawei router's 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz wireless networks. After Windows finishes updating and installs the Intel network driver, I can no longer see the networks. If I delete the driver from the Device...
  6. Intel wifi card can't see the networks after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel wifi card can't see the networks after windows update: I have a Lenovo G50-80 notebook. When I do a fresh install, I can see my Huawei router's 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz wireless networks. After Windows finishes updating and installs the Intel network driver, I can no longer see the networks. If I delete the driver from the Device...
  7. Intel wifi card can't see the networks after windows update

8. Think I just received and update and it instlled. now win 10 not working right

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Think I just received and update and it instlled. now win 10 not working right: Just received an update and my win 10 is not working correctlyfirst off the computer is very slow.When i try to use my synaptic touch pad to select and high-lite cannot accomplish this with my touch pad.it will not capture and entire line very erratic. I also have to click...
  9. Think I just received and update and it instlled. now win 10 not working right

Think I just received and update and it instlled. now win 10 not working right: Just received an update and my win 10 is not working correctlyfirst off the computer is very slow.When i try to use my synaptic touch pad to select and high-lite cannot accomplish this with my touch pad.it will not capture and entire line very erratic. I also have to click...
  10. Think I just received and update and it instlled. now win 10 not working right

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade