Windows 10: Win 10 upgrade caused Complete Change to Word appearance

Discus and support Win 10 upgrade caused Complete Change to Word appearance in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All, Came back home from 5 weeks in hospital to find recent win 10 upgrade (I assume) completely changed the look my desktop layout and many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jokaz, Dec 16, 2020.

1. jokaz Win User

Win 10 upgrade caused Complete Change to Word appearance

Hi All,
    Came back home from 5 weeks in hospital to find recent win 10 upgrade (I assume) completely changed the look my desktop layout and many programs including Word 2007. Instead of being the origianl pale blue layout it is now a harsh black and white. Its odd because when I click on the top left icon the small pop up window shows the original style of the program. Any suggestions to revert it back please its driving me crazy

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz 2.67 GHz
    Installed RAM 12.0 GB

Windows specifications
    Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 Installed on 05/12/2020 OS build 19041.685 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

Win 10 upgrade caused Complete Change to Word appearance [​IMG]

:)

jokaz, Dec 16, 2020
  2. Paola Gar Win User

Win 10 right click misspelled words

Hi,

In order for us to identify the cause of this issue, we'd like to get the following information:

• Have you made any changes or applied an update to your device prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Have you tried opening Internet Explorer on monitor 2? If not yet, we suggest doing that option and then check if the box that shows the correct words will appear on the same monitor.

Looking forward to your response.

Paola Gar, Dec 16, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Win 10 upgrade caused Complete Change to Word appearance :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 16, 2020
  4. lse123 Win User

is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool said all OK and continued OK with upgrade... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all OK for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?
    and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

lse123, Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Win 10 upgrade caused Complete Change to Word appearance - Similar Threads - upgrade caused Complete

2. Upgrading to win 10 causing problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Upgrading to win 10 causing problems: Having upgraded from win 7 to win 10 caused a number of problems most of which have been solved though. However, one particular problem resists any attemps to be loosed. I cannot open photos and or videos from my facebook friends any more. I keep getting this message:...
  3. Win 10 upgrade caused Complete Change to Word appearance

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Win 10 upgrade caused Complete Change to Word appearance: Hi All, Came back home from 5 weeks in hospital to find recent win 10 upgrade (I assume) completely changed the look my desktop layout and many programs including Word 2007. Instead of being the origianl pale blue layout it is now a harsh black and white. Its odd because when...
  4. Upgrade from MS word 2010 in Win 10

Upgrade from MS word 2010 in Win 10: I have a copy of MS word that I bought in 2010. I have the product Key verifying this. On the MS site I am told that with this key I can then get the Word app for Win10. I insert the key, it verifies it and tells me if I have a 2010 version to go to this new site, with a link...
  5. Mcafee causing win 10 upgrade to stop.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Mcafee causing win 10 upgrade to stop.: I was installing win10 upgrade from Win8 and was told Mcafee was incompatible. Uninstalled Mcafee via Revo uninstaller. Rebooted, started upgrade, but same problem. Discovered Mcafee was running via task manager, although no longer installed. I assume it is running online, as...
  6. After upgrading to Wins 10 v1809, errors and bugs appeared

After upgrading to Wins 10 v1809, errors and bugs appeared: January 11, 2019 [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]Iam the only one Administrator for use of your Wins and the Wins is used in my the only one Desktop computer. After upgrading to Wins 10 v1809 by you under case no. 1449962672, the following...
  7. Win 10 Won't Allow Window Appearance Changes

Win 10 Won't Allow Window Appearance Changes: I've spent hours installing and customizing Win 10, but can't find out how to set windows so they always open to the format and specifications I'd like. For instance, in Win 7, I was able to change the Scroll Bar, Title Bar, Borders, Menu Fonts, Window Fonts, etc. I'll...
  8. Win 10 Appearance

Win 10 Appearance: Hello, Cannot resize text, cannot bring back color, how can I bring back the 3D view of opened windows, menus, buttons ? When I click on the most left (windows icon) in the task bar, I get allso some colored icons, what are they, how to hide them, how to restore them ? Pls...
  9. Taskbar completely unresponsive after upgrading to Win 10 from Win 7

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar completely unresponsive after upgrading to Win 10 from Win 7: Hello everyone. A few days ago I upgraded to Windows 10 and the installation went smoothly. I played around with it for awhile and really liked it, however, when I booted up my PC the next day, my taskbar was completely unresponsive. I can't open my start menu or click on any...
  10. Win 10 "Empty Recycle Bin" does not appear to complete.

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 "Empty Recycle Bin" does not appear to complete.: When emptying the recycle bin there are always about 10 - 15 items left showing in the folder. They are not actually still there because they usually disappear after I refresh the folder. With the recycle bin I could just assume they are gone and if necessary I will get rid...