Windows 10: Win 10 upgrade: ignore bluetooth device with incompatible driver?

Discus and support Win 10 upgrade: ignore bluetooth device with incompatible driver? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,i am upgrading this somewhat older PC with win 8.1 to win 10.However the upgrade, after several hours of hard work and being busy :-, then fails... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ronald Verheul1, Dec 8, 2022.

1. Win 10 upgrade: ignore bluetooth device with incompatible driver?

Hi,i am upgrading this somewhat older PC with win 8.1 to win 10.However the upgrade, after several hours of hard work and being busy :-, then fails saying the the driver for the realtek bluetooth device is not ready for Win 10.I would be happy to ignore this error and continue the upgrade. So: is it possible to deactivate or ignore this bluetooth device and continue the upgrade?

:)

Ronald Verheul1, Dec 8, 2022

2. Can't detect Bluetooth devices on Win 10

Hi Zhenyi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Bluetooth issue. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if the Bluetooth service is turned off, or due to missing or incompatible Bluetooth Adapter driver or incorrect Bluetooth settings.

I suggest you to refer the below Microsoft article on "Fix connections to Bluetooth audio devices and wireless displays" and try the mentioned troubleshooting steps and see if this helps in resolving the issue.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...bluetooth-audio-devices-and-wireless-displays

If the issue still persists, try the below steps and see if this helps.

I suggest you to install the latest Bluetooth driver from the computer manufacturer website.

If the driver for Windows 10 is unavailable, you may install the latest driver in compatibility mode.
    Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow the below steps:

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select
      Properties.
    • Select Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select
      previous the version of Windows (Windows 8) from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Write to us, if you need further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Dec 8, 2022
  3. IVT Bluetooth incompatible

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you, as per your query.

Based on your description, I would recommend you to uninstall the Bluetooth driver before you upgrade to Windows 10. Once you upgraded to Windows 10 install the Bluetooth driver form computer manufacturer and install it in compatibility mode. Follow
    the below steps.

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.

• Expand “Bluetooth device”.

• Right click on the Bluetooth device and select
      un-install.

• Once uninstall is done, restart the computer.
    Now, I would recommend you to upgrade to Windows 10. Once you are on windows 10 download the updated Bluetooth driver from manufacturer website and install it in compatibility mode and let us know the status. Follow the below steps:

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Note: Make sure you provide the correct model number while downloading Bluetooth driver.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 8, 2022
  4. Win 10 upgrade: ignore bluetooth device with incompatible driver?

Unable to access Bluetooth and Wi-Fi as there are no drivers in Device Manager on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern that you are unable to access Wi-Fi and Bluetooth as there are no drivers under Device Manager after upgrading to Windows 10.

• Do let us know the make and model of your device?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated drivers after upgrading to Windows 10.

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

Steps:

• Press Windows
      key from the keyboard, type Troubleshooting and select it.

• Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.

• Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.

• Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to install the latest drivers and updates for your device after upgrading to Windows 10.

This will help you to find the drivers for Bluetooth and Wi-Fi and may help in installing the drivers.

Steps:

1. Connect to the internet (Wired internet connection).

2. Press
    Windows key and type updates.

3. Click on
    Check for updates.

4. Under
    Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.

5. Try to install the updates being shown.

Refer: Connect to Bluetooth devices

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 8, 2022
Thema:

Win 10 upgrade: ignore bluetooth device with incompatible driver?

1. Win 10 upgrade: ignore bluetooth device with incompatible driver? - Similar Threads - upgrade ignore bluetooth

2. Win 10 upgrade: ignore bluetooth device with incompatible driver?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 upgrade: ignore bluetooth device with incompatible driver?: Hi,i am upgrading this somewhat older PC with win 8.1 to win 10.However the upgrade, after several hours of hard work and being busy :-, then fails saying the the driver for the realtek bluetooth device is not ready for Win 10.I would be happy to ignore this error and...
  3. Win 10 upgrade: ignore bluetooth device with incompatible driver?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 upgrade: ignore bluetooth device with incompatible driver?: Hi,i am upgrading this somewhat older PC with win 8.1 to win 10.However the upgrade, after several hours of hard work and being busy :-, then fails saying the the driver for the realtek bluetooth device is not ready for Win 10.I would be happy to ignore this error and...
  4. Unable to upgrade from Windows 8.1 to 10 due to Realtek Bluetooth Driver Incompatibility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to upgrade from Windows 8.1 to 10 due to Realtek Bluetooth Driver Incompatibility: Yoga 13 Laptop ideapad - Type 2191.Updating Windows and getting this message: I have a Realtek Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter using Driver version 1.3.860.3 and it says "you will need to update to driver version 1.5.1012 or later". Tried to follow the instructions on the "Learn More"...
  5. Unable to upgrade from Windows 8.1 to 10 due to Realtek Bluetooth Driver Incompatibility

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to upgrade from Windows 8.1 to 10 due to Realtek Bluetooth Driver Incompatibility: Yoga 13 Laptop ideapad - Type 2191.Updating Windows and getting this message: I have a Realtek Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter using Driver version 1.3.860.3 and it says "you will need to update to driver version 1.5.1012 or later". Tried to follow the instructions on the "Learn More"...
  6. after upgrading from win 7 to win 10 my device is very slow and the bluetooth driver is not...

after upgrading from win 7 to win 10 my device is very slow and the bluetooth driver is not...: after upgrading from win 7 to win 10 my device is very slow and the bluetooth driver is not installed plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-upgrading-from-win-7-to-win-10-my-device-is/102dac71-7bbf-4d7c-9d9a-c28e50983037
  7. after upgrading from win 7 to win 10 my device is very slow and the bluetooth driver is not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after upgrading from win 7 to win 10 my device is very slow and the bluetooth driver is not...: after upgrading from win 7 to win 10 my device is very slow and the bluetooth driver is not installed plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-upgrading-from-win-7-to-win-10-my-device-is/102dac71-7bbf-4d7c-9d9a-c28e50983037
  8. after upgrading from win 7 to win 10 my device is very slow and the bluetooth driver is not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Win 10 BlueTooth Ignores BT Keypad

Win 10 BlueTooth Ignores BT Keypad: itip-4000 BT keykoard was successfully paired and works nicely with my Android 10 pad; RCA windows 10 pad noted the Keyboard for the first few times; 1 first 2 times show different pairing code; but i did not catch/succeed 2 then listed as device found, but no code...
  10. Upgrading to Win 10 - after upgrading incompatible graphics card

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading to Win 10 - after upgrading incompatible graphics card: I've managed to upgrade some of my home PC's from Win 7 or Win 8 to Wn 10 without any significant problems, but I am having major difficulty upgrading one of my PC's. It is running Win 7 Home 32-bit and when I originally ran the Windows 10 upgrade advisor, it indicated...