Windows 10: Win 10 Upgrade thumb-drive

Discus and support Win 10 Upgrade thumb-drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was using a Windows 10 Installation media to upgrade a different pc. At step 5 of the Create Installation Media, I selected a 8gb thumb-drive and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HermannHarper, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Win 10 Upgrade thumb-drive

I was using a Windows 10 Installation media to upgrade a different pc. At step 5 of the Create Installation Media, I selected a 8gb thumb-drive and the process began to download. At about the 50% stage, the process stopped. I waited for three house, but it still remained at about 50%. I stopped the process.

Now, the thumb drive I was using is totally blank. The system does not even recognize it as being inserted. Is there anyway to recover the thumb drive or is it totally dead?

:)

HermannHarper, Apr 8, 2020

2. Help Me Pick a Thumb Drive

I have recently lost my favorite thumb drive. It was only 1gb, and about a 3 years old. I now need a new one with the following requirements:

• 4 - 8 gb
    • Will be carried on a keychain in pocket for 10 hours in a day (MUST BE STRONG)
    • Must be relatively fast
    • Under $90
    I trust you guys can help me with this. Also, I want to order it from Newegg preferably.

Edit: Also I am going to grab this tonight, as school without a thumb drive is painful.

PVTCaboose1337, Apr 8, 2020
  3. R-Goodwin Win User
    Win 10 Create Recovery Drive process fails to find thumb drive

After formatting a 4GB thumb drive and launching the Create Recovery Drive process via the Win 10 Control Panel Recovery option, it fails to list an available drive. Instead, it cranks for about 30 seconds and comes back with,

We can't create the recovery drive

A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive.

I've tried plugging the USB drive into both a 2.0 and 3.0 USB port: No difference.

I've tried inserting a fresh disc into my DVD drive: No luck there either.

I've created a Win 10 ISO file and re-installed the OS: No help.

Running out of ideas...

R-Goodwin, Apr 8, 2020
  4. Win 10 Upgrade thumb-drive

Can a thumb drive be disabled by malware?

There are quite a few possibilities to what happened to your thumb drive:

1. It might be a simple issue where the partition got corrupted: In this case you can go to Computer Management > Disk Management> and check out what partition your thumb drive currently has. If it currently is in RAW format or is just unallocated, I suggest you unallocate the entire drive and make a new partition. It's possible that you can recover upto 99% of your files with a tool like EaseUS DataRecovery Wizard Pro.
    2. The malware corrupted your thumb drive's firmware: The malware that your thumb drive may have encountered may be similar to something like BadUSB. It may or may not have modified your drive's firmware to transmit malware, but in any case your thumb drive's pretty dead, and there's not much you can do about it.

Don't Root here plz..., Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

Win 10 Upgrade thumb-drive

1. Win 10 Upgrade thumb-drive - Similar Threads - Upgrade thumb drive

2. eject thumb drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    eject thumb drive: Windows 10A thumb drive is plugged in, Explorer is opened, one file is opened, then closed.Explorer is closed.Go to "Show hidden icons" and select Safely remove hardware and eject media -> Eject USB Flash MemoryThe only device shown is the thumb drive just plugged in. Select...
  3. eject thumb drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    eject thumb drive: Windows 10A thumb drive is plugged in, Explorer is opened, one file is opened, then closed.Explorer is closed.Go to "Show hidden icons" and select Safely remove hardware and eject media -> Eject USB Flash MemoryThe only device shown is the thumb drive just plugged in. Select...
  4. Usb Thumb Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Usb Thumb Drive: Earlier today my thumb drive was working fine but now when I plug it in to view it it only shows up in files for a few seconds then disappears. In devices it says that it is connected but won't let me view files. I also tried it on a chrome book but would not work. Any ways...
  5. Win 10 BSOD when accessing USB thumb drives

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 BSOD when accessing USB thumb drives: Hi, I can't find any threads on the Internet about this problem. After 20h2 update my Win10 crashes to BSOD every time I try to write anything on my thumbdrive with this error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x0000003b 0x00000000c0000005, 0xfffff8022aa2b340, 0xffff9a099be3e800,...
  6. Formatting a Thumb Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Formatting a Thumb Drive: Just bought a new laptop with Windows 10 and MS Office 365. I tried to format a thumb drive but when I select File Explorer, all I get is a list of files I've recently opened. I do not see the Thumb Drive. Doesn't matter if I select any files in the Recent Folder, I don't see...
  7. Thumb Drive not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumb Drive not working: I inserted my thumb drive and it was working perfectly before. But now it says I have to format it and it will erase all the data. How do I access the thumb drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumb-drive-not-working/3f7f37c7-f7d1-42ea-a644-4afbb523dc33
  8. Thumb Drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Thumb Drives: How do I use a thumb drive to transfer data from Windows 7 to Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumb-drives/8b697fba-9f37-417b-a867-1443e9150438
  9. thumb drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    thumb drives: Upgraded to windows 10, plugged in a thumb drive but have no idea how to open the drive 27165
  10. Adding thumb drive for Win upgrade install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adding thumb drive for Win upgrade install: I've removed as much memory I can from C drive and I have to install a thumb drive to add memory so I can install Win 10 upgrade. Says I'm lacking 8GB of memory. How do I add it? Aspire One Cloudbook 11 is the unit. 107360