Windows 10: Win 10 upgrade went sideways

Discus and support Win 10 upgrade went sideways in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Attempted to update my new computer from Win10 Home to Win10 Pro. Errored during upgrade and didn't complete. Now I have a system that thinks it has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LawrenceWild1, Oct 23, 2021.

1. Win 10 upgrade went sideways

Attempted to update my new computer from Win10 Home to Win10 Pro. Errored during upgrade and didn't complete. Now I have a system that thinks it has WIN10 Enterprise for some reason but an unactivated version of it. Tried a reinstall from local disk and it isn't giving any error codes except to tell me it's an unactivated copy of win 10 Enterprise. Any windows help desk folks out there? Could use a hand.ThanksLarry

:)

LawrenceWild1, Oct 23, 2021
  2. lse123 Win User

is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool said all OK and continued OK with upgrade... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all OK for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?
    and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

lse123, Oct 23, 2021
  3. Houndy Win User
    Win 10 Upgrade From Home to Pro Went Sideways

I'm happy to report that after reloading ALL the drivers then logging into my Microsoft Account and clicking "Upgrade" again the computer downloaded and installed Win 10 Pro.

Win 10 Pro is now activated:

Win 10 upgrade went sideways 831af9c0-24f1-4360-94dc-c9d5dcbdd387?upload=true.png

Yippee!!! Thanks for the help, folks.

P.S. - winver indicates that Windows is currently release 1803. I don't know if there is a problem with release 1809 that caused the upgrade to go sideways. I changed the Advanced Options in Windows Update to delay the future install of 1809.

Houndy, Oct 23, 2021
  4. Win 10 upgrade went sideways

is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but
    the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool says all ok and continued ok... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all ok for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?

and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)

is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

Lse123polis, Oct 23, 2021
Thema:

Win 10 upgrade went sideways

1. Win 10 upgrade went sideways - Similar Threads - upgrade went sideways

2. win 10 went blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 10 went blue screen: hello! my laptop went blue suddently, and i have reinstalled the OS fot it, but blue screen happened again, could you giva me some help? and the blue screen went short time, i can't see the error code. thanks!...
  3. win 10 went blue screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    win 10 went blue screen: hello! my laptop went blue suddently, and i have reinstalled the OS fot it, but blue screen happened again, could you giva me some help? and the blue screen went short time, i can't see the error code. thanks!...
  4. win 10 went blue screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Win 10 upgrade went sideways

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 upgrade went sideways: Attempted to update my new computer from Win10 Home to Win10 Pro. Errored during upgrade and didn't complete. Now I have a system that thinks it has WIN10 Enterprise for some reason but an unactivated version of it. Tried a reinstall from local disk and it isn't giving any...
  6. Win 10 upgrade went sideways

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 upgrade went sideways: Attempted to update my new computer from Win10 Home to Win10 Pro. Errored during upgrade and didn't complete. Now I have a system that thinks it has WIN10 Enterprise for some reason but an unactivated version of it. Tried a reinstall from local disk and it isn't giving any...
  7. Sideways Desktop

Sideways Desktop: Ok, I feel like a real dummy here. My cat walked across my keyboard earlier and somehow my whole screen is sideways. I have been trying to fix it for hours and can't seem to figure it out....
  8. the sceen went sideways, and i dont know how to fix it please help

the sceen went sideways, and i dont know how to fix it please help: I do not understand what there asking me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-sceen-went-sideways-and-i-dont-know-how-to-fix/2493561b-5379-4a50-a147-b96b666ca47f
  9. Win 10 Upgrade From Home to Pro Went Sideways

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Upgrade From Home to Pro Went Sideways: I bought a new gaming computer yesterday from Wa-lMart with Win 10 Home 1803 preinstalled. I manually checked for updates. The computer downloaded and installed Win 10 Home 1809. Everything seemed to work fine. I then upgraded to Win 10 Pro from the Microsoft Store using...
  10. Sideways scrolling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sideways scrolling: Why does my computer constantly scroll sideways in Windows 10? I use a wireless mouse. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/sideways-scrolling/fcb7eb53-8688-4918-af65-74bb3326e5a2