Windows 10: Win 10 USB Install Failing

Discus and support Win 10 USB Install Failing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Before I start, I just want to say that I've looked everywhere that I could to find the answer, but I can't find anything. Hi! My name is Noah, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Freedee15, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Freedee15 Win User

Win 10 USB Install Failing

Before I start, I just want to say that I've looked everywhere that I could to find the answer, but I can't find anything.

Hi! My name is Noah, and I upgraded to Windows 10 earlier this year. I haven't been using my computer basically at all over the summer, and when I booted it up yesterday, the system was running very slowly. I tried to reset, but I didn't have enough space, and something seems to be eating up my hard drive. I couldn't figure out what it was, so I decided just to reinstall Windows 10 via USB. However, my computer uses UEFI, and I have no idea how to use UEFI. I looked up how to create a UEFI compatible USB disk, and after hours, I finally had my disk ready. It is a FAT32 disk with all of the files in the .ISO file. I formated the disk on a Mac, if that's of any help. When I tried to boot the USB, I get error code 0xc000000e. I am sure I downloaded the 32-bit ISO image (which is the only one compatible with my computer) and I don't know what to do. Please help! I have attached a image (which, unfortunately is quite bad quality) of my computer screen with the error.
    Thanks,
    Noah

Win 10 USB Install Failing [​IMG]

:)

Freedee15, Aug 25, 2016

2. Windows 10 update "Microsoft - WPD - 2/22/2016 12:00:00 AM - 5.2.5326.4762."

DON'T install if you sync your phone to your win 10 machine via a usb cable. This update totally bricked my phone-usb connection. The device driver is bad and now the phone does not appear in win explorer. If you attempt to roll back the driver it fails.
    If you attempt to uninstall the WPD update it fails. IF you attempt to use any of your restore points, it fails.

See the following InfoWorld Link: Mysterious WPD driver is installing on Windows PCs, triggering errors

Guess we shouldn't be surprised that there is absolutely NOTHING about this on MS's own websites. I hate Win 10's mandatory update scheme. Hate it. Hate it. Hate it.

RobLittlefield, Aug 25, 2016
  3. Usb tethering does not work on windows 10

Hi, I'm using full version Win 10 by now. Using Google nexus 2013 tablet, usb tethering - 'clockworkmod tether'. both installation ok.. once usb debugging done & usb tethering turn on, my android device shows usb tether is running but it is fails to start on
    my win 10. when I closed it, it tells 'tether is running in the background' but actually no access is available to the net.

Anybody pls advice..

AizamIshak, Aug 25, 2016
  4. flybynite Win User

open powershell as administrator
    type diskpart press enter
    type list disk press enter
    locate your USB drive from list (you can choose by size)
    type sel disk (then number of drive from list for example sel disk 4 then press enter
    type clean then press enter
    type create part pri then press enter
    type sel part 1 then press enter
    type format fs=fat32 quick then press enter
    type assign then press enter
    type active then press enter
    type exit then press enter
    type exit then press enter

Now mount your ISO file and copy all the files to your usb drive
    restart, and boot from USB drive.

flybynite, Aug 25, 2016
  5. Freedee15 Win User
    I have the ISO on my mac, can I format it on the PC and then move it over on the mac?

Freedee15, Aug 25, 2016
  6. flybynite Win User
    You can, just mount the ISO on the mac, and copy all the files to your usb.

flybynite, Aug 25, 2016
  7. Freedee15 Win User
    Ok thanks! I'll let you know if it works or not.

Freedee15, Aug 25, 2016
  8. Freedee15 Win User

Ok, so I was trying to turn on the computer, and it said it has run into the error DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FALIURE. It first showed the boot screen and said "Starting Automatic Repair" now it says "Diagnosing your PC"

Freedee15, Aug 25, 2016
  9. Freedee15 Win User
    It opened up the Automatic Repair menu, I clicked restart, now it's restarting.

Freedee15, Aug 25, 2016
  10. Freedee15 Win User
    Ok, so I had the same problem again, and I believe that the problem was that in my UEFI settings had USB boot at a higher priority than Windows Boot Manager. It's now booting again, it's normal for my computer to take a while to boot.

Freedee15, Aug 25, 2016
  11. Freedee15 Win User
    Freedee15, Aug 25, 2016
  12. Freedee15 Win User
    Great, computer booted!

Freedee15, Aug 25, 2016
  13. Freedee15 Win User

I can't do format fs=fat32 quick, I get the error:

Virtual Disk Service error:
    A concurrent second call is made on an object before the first is completed.

Any ideas?

Freedee15, Aug 25, 2016
  14. Freedee15 Win User
    I can't run it even if i delete the quick.
    Trying a restart of computer.

Freedee15, Aug 25, 2016
  15. Freedee15 Win User
    Great, it's working now.

Freedee15, Aug 25, 2016
Thema:

1. Win 10 USB Install Failing - Similar Threads - USB Install Failing

2. win 10 failed to install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 failed to install: win 10 install "failed in the safe__os phase with an error during boot operation"0x1900101 - 0x20017Boy do I need help - it took me 6 days to get this far and I thought I had it made when it came to the install step BUT . . .I see that others have had an identical problem but...
  3. Win 10 USB install Fails, Linux has no problem

Win 10 USB install Fails, Linux has no problem: This one is driving me bonkers. With a USB drive, Win 20 blue screens with a Critical error 0xc000021a as it's loading the files from the USB and before it displays the Windows logo. Ubuntu and ClearLinux installed without a hitch. I have tried the following Changed Memory...
  4. Repair install for win 10 failing

Repair install for win 10 failing: I have Win 10 home ,version 20H2,Build 19042.685. I want to do a repair install be to no avail. I have the win .iso from the Creation kit on a usb drive.I mounted it and tried numerous time running it but not working. Windows update is messed up and I would like to do a...
  5. Win 10 install failed

Win 10 install failed: How to solve this error message when installing Win 10...thank you.... "windows setup cannot start due to missing installation files. If you previously launched setup from a local directory, copy all the installation files to the directory again and relaunch setup"...
  6. Win 10 USB install fails to load drivers

Win 10 USB install fails to load drivers: Hi everyone, Long time Mac user switching back to PC here. I'm stuck installing Windows at the very beginning, before choosing any drive to install to. I've made a USB bootable installer, which loads, and takes me to a "windows needs to load drivers" message right after...
  7. Failed Win 10 Home Install

Failed Win 10 Home Install: Hi all trying to install win 10 Home to my new Desktop PC but I get this error message after a blue screen: Page Fault in Non Paged Area and below that Stop Code I get: 'What at Fault: Win Fsf.sys' Really need help here as I have no idea what is happening? Thanks...
  8. Win 10 update fail to install.

Win 10 update fail to install.: Tried to install the update, this popped out. [ATTACH] is there a solution to this? Make: Asus Model: N56VZ 8GB RAM WIN 10 Home 64Bit (build 17763.316, Version 1809)...
  9. Win 10 Anniversary fails to install

Win 10 Anniversary fails to install: My anniversary update failed near 80% complete showing: 0x80070017-0x2000c...failed in SAFE_OS phase...error APPLY_IMAGE operation. I suspect a hard drive problem as it makes noises. I have a new hard drive that I would like to replace the old one with. It is new (WD 1 TB...
  10. Failed Win 10 Installation

Failed Win 10 Installation: . I have 5 PC/Laptops with W7- W8.1 (2 to 7 years old) and I was able to upgrade with no problems to WIN 10. I have 2 identical New PC (2 months old with Win 8.1 Pro) : Pentium G3258 MB ASROCK H97M-ITX/AC H97 ITX R RAM: 8GB G Skill WD 1000GB Installed first Win8...