Windows 10: Win 10 USB installation not giving location choice

Discus and support Win 10 USB installation not giving location choice in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an activated version of windows 10 on an old SSD. I want to move it to a new SSD but can't have 2 SSDs plugged in at once and I can't find my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Alexander Mccallum, May 25, 2023.

1. Win 10 USB installation not giving location choice

I have an activated version of windows 10 on an old SSD. I want to move it to a new SSD but can't have 2 SSDs plugged in at once and I can't find my win10 activation code. My plan is to move win10 to my internal HDD where it will hopefully keep its activation, and then install the new SSD, and move win10 to that also hopefully keeping the activation. I found a guide saying the way to move win10 is to basically just reinstall it to the other drive. I got the win10 install tool from the official site and put it on a USB but when I run it, it doesn't give me any option to pick which drive it inst

:)

Alexander Mccallum, May 25, 2023

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, May 25, 2023
  3. Bytebait Win User
    Win 10 USB install Fails, Linux has no problem

I did this step this morning just in case it wanted to act differently. Same issue though. error 0xc000007b and 0xc0000021a

Win 10 USB installation not giving location choice 328548d1618929246t-win-10-usb-install-fails-linux-has-no-problem-pxl_20210420_143006434.jpg

Win 10 USB installation not giving location choice 328549d1618929274t-win-10-usb-install-fails-linux-has-no-problem-pxl_20210420_143014954.jpg

Thank you all for the suggestions and support, this forum is amazing.

Bytebait, May 25, 2023
  4. Win 10 USB installation not giving location choice

Fresh USB Windows 10 Install - Failing

I am trying to install a fresh copy (reformatted the hard disk) of windows 10 using a USB

• Created an installation media on a USB flash drive (Win 10 pro) from this page https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
    • Changed the boot order on the other PC so that it boots using USB
    • Selected custom install
    • Installing Windows goes through the following steps successfully: Copying Windows Files, Getting Files ready for installation, Installing features, Installing updates and before the last step (Finishing up), it restarts
    • Then it goes back to the start of the installation steps

I am stuck and have read numerous posts but don't know what to do to install a fresh copy of Win 10.

deepakkaushik, May 25, 2023
Thema:

Win 10 USB installation not giving location choice

1. Win 10 USB installation not giving location choice - Similar Threads - USB installation giving

2. Win 10 USB installation not giving location choice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 USB installation not giving location choice: I have an activated version of windows 10 on an old SSD. I want to move it to a new SSD but can't have 2 SSDs plugged in at once and I can't find my win10 activation code. My plan is to move win10 to my internal HDD where it will hopefully keep its activation, and then...
  3. Win 10 USB installation not giving location choice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 USB installation not giving location choice: I have an activated version of windows 10 on an old SSD. I want to move it to a new SSD but can't have 2 SSDs plugged in at once and I can't find my win10 activation code. My plan is to move win10 to my internal HDD where it will hopefully keep its activation, and then...
  4. New KB gives new WU choice.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New KB gives new WU choice.: 2023-04 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5025305With the above comes a new toggle...Cheers,Drew https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-kb-gives-new-wu-choice/84df03b4-154b-4a95-ac7a-207c8e291f63
  5. New KB gives new WU choice.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New KB gives new WU choice.: 2023-04 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5025305With the above comes a new toggle...Cheers,Drew https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-kb-gives-new-wu-choice/84df03b4-154b-4a95-ac7a-207c8e291f63
  6. new install of Win 10 with USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    new install of Win 10 with USB: About ready to start a new build. I've already purchased my Win 10 OS. Should I use this after I finish the build or create a Win !0 installation USB with the key I have from the computer I'm using now. Also, any certain YouTube I should use if I go the USB route? Thank...
  7. usb install win 10 home

usb install win 10 home: Hello I am looking at doing a new / fresh install of windows 10 onto my precision T3500 from a usb drive. Does the install usb purchased from microsoft / amazon have the digital key / product key for activation on it ? Will i have to pay extra to get activation if i use a...
  8. WIN 10 usb installation

WIN 10 usb installation: Hi, I regret having no option but to install Win crappy 10, as I have no luck doing so. Built up a new Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7, Amd Ryzen 2700X combo.. I insert my newly bought Win 10 64 bit usb into one of the slots, boot up the pc and set boot priority to UEFI: and...
  9. BSOD with 3 Win 10 OS choices

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD with 3 Win 10 OS choices: This started a while back with a BSOD saying 0x000000e. Which I goggled and found a remedy. The a few days after I get this with a choice of 3 Window 10 OS's to choose from. I have always picked the middle one and after a 4 to 6 restarts it goes away and does not appear again...
  10. Choice Between Win 7 & 10 at Startup

Choice Between Win 7 & 10 at Startup: I'm getting a screen when I start the PC asking me to choose between Windows 7 and Windows 10 or set/change defaults. I'm sure this wasn't here when I first upgraded...am I meant to be getting this? 25890