Windows 10: Win 10 Usb UEFI Boot Problem

Discus and support Win 10 Usb UEFI Boot Problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, first of all I never experience this problem in my life. This is the first time and I tried a lot of things but still doesn't work. Let me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bugrakca, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Bugrakca Win User

Win 10 Usb UEFI Boot Problem

Hello, first of all I never experience this problem in my life. This is the first time and I tried a lot of things but still doesn't work. Let me explain my stiation here. I created Windows 10 USB installer with Windows Creation Tool. Then I restart my computer, click the UEFI - USB Installer. I saw my motherboard logo and wait a 5- 8 second and it's restart the computer. I always formated my computer like this. I created USB disk with Windows Media Creator and restart the computer then I click the UEFI then Logo came up little bit later I see dots turning like circle, then vola. The format screen, language and etc. But this time I never get there. Every time It's restart after that logo.

What I Tried
    1. I used Windows Media Creation Tool in another computer, doesn't work.

2. Another USB disk, doesn't work,

3. Rufus with MBR and GPT, both of them doesn't work.

4. I tried Greg Carmack solitions in this article, but does't work.
    5. Disable it CMSIn the back I never disable it, I didn't know it was there, doesn't work

6. Enable it CMS, doesn't work.

7. Disabled just Secure Boost, and tried Secure Boost and Fast Boot doesn't work either.

8. Fat32 and NTFS format, doesn't work.

9. Maybe even more. I don't remember.

10. Onboard USB ports and Motherboard USB ports, I tried both of them. Doesn't work.

My Computer

Motherboard: Asus TUF Gaming - B350M Plus Gaming

GPU: Asus R7 260X OC

SSD 1: Corsair LS 120 GB

M2 SSD: Samsung 970 Evo Plus I bought this today. I did't tried withouth this because I want to Install it Here

CPU: AMD Ryzen 1600

Ram: Corsair Vengance LPX 2x8 Gb 3000mhz

Thank you.

:)

Bugrakca, Nov 15, 2020

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Nov 15, 2020
  3. rk3066 Win User
    Win.10 won't boot after installing Win.7

Hi,

So i installed Win.10 via the UEFI and after installing Win.7 on Legacy Mode onto a different HDD i can't boot into Win.10 (I believe can only because Win.10 was installed via UEFI)

I tried installing the BCD Software but nope. I even tried to select my HDD but say Winload.exe error

Even tried going into the USB and try repairing but the same thing happens

rk3066, Nov 15, 2020
  4. Win 10 Usb UEFI Boot Problem

Failing to install Windows 10 in UEFI boot mode

I have continued my attempts to install Win 10 in UEFI mode.

I disabled the Launch CSM but now none of my disks/USB can be seen by the UEFI when booting. This lead me to the assumption that my Win 10 USB disk is not prepared for UEFI but it seems to be.

The screen dump will not show here so see the list:

Folder: boot

Folder: efi

Folder x64

Folder: x86

File: autorun

File: bootmgr

File: bootmgr.efi

File setup

Magnus_975, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

Win 10 Usb UEFI Boot Problem

1. Win 10 Usb UEFI Boot Problem - Similar Threads - Usb UEFI Boot

2. Can't boot into windows 10 UEFI usb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't boot into windows 10 UEFI usb: When i try to boot the windows 10 usb in UEFI mode i get past the post screen to the windows logo, after a few seconds the computer restarts and it just keeps repeating. It works in bios legacy mode. I've managed to install build 1709 from an old iso in UEFI, but newer builds...
  3. Can't boot into windows 10 UEFI usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't boot into windows 10 UEFI usb: When i try to boot the windows 10 usb in UEFI mode i get past the post screen to the windows logo, after a few seconds the computer restarts and it just keeps repeating. It works in bios legacy mode. I've managed to install build 1709 from an old iso in UEFI, but newer builds...
  4. Resolved - Win 10 Usb Disk - UEFI Boot Problem

Resolved - Win 10 Usb Disk - UEFI Boot Problem: Hello, first of all, I never experience this problem in my life. This is the first time and I tried a lot of things but still doesn't work. Let me explain my situation here. I created Windows 10 USB installer with Windows Creation Tool. Then I restart my computer, click the...
  5. Win 10 Usb Disk - UEFI Boot Problem

Win 10 Usb Disk - UEFI Boot Problem: Hello, first of all, I never experience this problem in my life. This is the first time and I tried a lot of things but still doesn't work. Let me explain my situation here. I created Windows 10 USB installer with Windows Creation Tool. Then I restart my computer, click the...
  6. Boot Windows 10 from USB, UEFI file for USB not booting.

Boot Windows 10 from USB, UEFI file for USB not booting.: I want to do a fresh install of windows on my ssd with a usb. I don't have access to a secondary windows computer but have downloaded the .iso file on a sandisk 16GB usb from my mac. My pc originally didn't boot with the file in the exfat format so I managed to copy the .iso...
  7. Windows 10 UEFI boot problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 UEFI boot problem: Problem with windows 10 boot. Hello, I have a huge problem with loading into my system... Let me explain, what happened is that I installed dual boot Linux v.2020 with Grub dual boot, then I did something I should have not, to get rid of Linux that I didn't need anymore. I...
  8. Dell UEFI USB Boot

Dell UEFI USB Boot: Hi all, Sorry if this question has been asked before. I have already gone through a number of fixes but nothing seems to be working for me so far. I have been provided with a USB with an MDT image on to re-image a number of PCs but soon realised it was formatted in NTFS due...
  9. UEFI boot problem

UEFI boot problem: [ATTACH] Hi everybody, I recently ordered a laptop Acer Nitro 5 from an online shop in spain and i got it today. Very excited, i turn it on and it gives me as shown in the picture. I already a bootable usb with windows 10 on it but there is only UEFI boot mode i...
  10. Reflect Restore UEFI boot from USB problem!

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Reflect Restore UEFI boot from USB problem!: Resulting from a bad restore from restore point, I now must restore an image from an external drive currently connected by USB. The Reflect rescue/boot is on a flash drive that is currently plugged into the machine’s USB. The problem: figuring out from the F12...