Windows 10: win 10 user login for network drive- no account

Discus and support win 10 user login for network drive- no account in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all Mods feel free to move to appropriate sub. I am having a issue with a network drive and Win10 ASUS AC 3100 router with a usb connected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by e5911, Jun 11, 2016.

1. e5911 Win User

win 10 user login for network drive- no account

Hi all
    Mods feel free to move to appropriate sub.

I am having a issue with a network drive and Win10
    ASUS AC 3100 router with a usb connected Western digital My Passport portable 1 tb drive.
    The issue is when I attempt to access, I'm told to login to a live account. I forgot the password so I went thru the recovery procedure and Live said there was a problem with the account and delete the account and re-establish. I figured once the account was gone no problem, except the PC still wants a live password for that particular account.
    1- What do I do now?
    2- login for the PC is a pin, can I use the same pin to access the drive?
    3-if so how?
    4. Should i re-establish the Live account

Thanks*Banghead

:)

e5911, Jun 11, 2016
  2. kjl1956 Win User

Latest Window 10 upgrades

The temp user login could be because of network issues and win login time out.

The other thing could be other programs that are running at at start up.

I would try to connect using a lan connection (rj45) or if on wifi to not using a metered

connection.

If there are other devices on your network, turn them off before you boot this pc.

I had the same issue when win10 first came out where if I was logged into one

pc and booted another my login would fail on the second machine.

When you booted the pc and the, you have been signed in with a temporary profile,

was this a Microsoft account or local user account ?

After login, go to this pc, right click on c drive ( or what drive the os is installed on)

and select properties, security tab, check the group and user names.

System, user, admin and authenticated user should be listed ( maybe more).

Go to each one and check what permissions are for each one.

User is limited, admin should be almost all as well as system.

Then click the drive open, on the user folder right click and check this the

same as you did for the c drive.

If both c drive and user folder show no issues and are the same, then this

is more likely an issue with the Microsoft login.

If the c drive and user folder are not showing the correct information,

I would try to login using a local account.

kjl1956, Jun 11, 2016
  3. HappyVT Win User
    Restart pc again, it automatically login to another account.

Original Title: Win 10 User login

I have a email login user and another user without password and email. But whenever she login as her user, I restart pc again, it automatically login to her account.

Is there any way to show the login user before selecting, same as win 7.

Thank you

HappyVT, Jun 11, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Create a new local account and inherit the permissions of the user folder for the previous one.

bro67, Jun 11, 2016
Thema:

1. win 10 user login for network drive- no account - Similar Threads - user login network

2. Win 10 user account control

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 user account control: Only user account control option is NO https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-user-account-control/c098bade-5902-4fc3-aaa7-a6aa4faace51
  3. user account login failed

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    user account login failed: i try to log into my laptop but could not login. i changed my password and still i cannot login please check to it to use my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-login-failed/292450a3-dafc-493b-bad9-e2572ab43a9c
  4. Win 10 Preloaded User Accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win 10 Preloaded User Accounts: What are the Win 10 preloaded user accounts? I used to have Administrator, Public, and our local accounts. Recently that changed. Public was dropped and Default Account, defaultuser, Guest, and WDAGUtilityAccount took its place. Was this from an update?...
  5. Local User login on Win 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Local User login on Win 10: Hi I purchased a dell xps15 and set up win10 as a work user. I then proceed to add a local user. I was asked username, password and set up 3 security questions. However I was unable to login as a local user, as the login screen ask for an email address and password. I was...
  6. User accounts / login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User accounts / login screen: Hello, I have two issues and I suspect they are related. I am using Windows 10 version 1909. Ultimately, I want to disable the login screen when starting windows. I have unchecked the box that asks for a password under netplwiz, and unchecked the box for password login...
  7. User accounts / login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    User accounts / login screen: Hello, I have two issues and I suspect they are related. I am using Windows 10 version 1909. Ultimately, I want to disable the login screen when starting windows. I have unchecked the box that asks for a password under netplwiz, and unchecked the box for password login...
  8. Change Network on User Login with Powershell.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change Network on User Login with Powershell.: Hi all, We share a Windows 10 computer, my wife and I, with each our own account. I have a VPN installed but my wife doesn't need it and she doesn't want to be left with my choice of country. And some native streaming apps change behavior when not at home. Depending on...
  9. Win 10 Microsoft Account login issues.

Win 10 Microsoft Account login issues.: My apologies if this has been asked a thousand times, but I'm against the clock with a work deadline and I have an issue. My Mum uses her pc for work and has a recurring intermittent problem. She uses her microsoft account to log into a win 10 installation. It was a win 7...
  10. Windows 10 User account login issue...

Windows 10 User account login issue...: I got my son a Dell 2 in 1 laptop and set myself up as Administrator and set up an account for him. It worked fine for a few days. But now he can't login to his account. The password is correct, but it gives the error "Windows can not connect to the Group Policy client...