Windows 10: Win 10 user profile deleted by update? Something else?

Discus and support Win 10 user profile deleted by update? Something else? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi this morning, after starting up my laptop, I got a bunch of messages like "hello", "we have some updates..." bla bla bla. My version is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoseNinguem, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Win 10 user profile deleted by update? Something else?

Hi

this morning, after starting up my laptop, I got a bunch of messages like "hello", "we have some updates..." bla bla bla. My version is not english, the text could be different.

I had to wait over an hour for those messages to disappear. After that, I CAN NOT use my computer. I get a message:

"C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop" is not available... bla bla bla.

After that message, just a stupid flickering black screen. No access to Windows Start button! I can Ctrl+Alt+Del and Task Manager, End Session, Shutdown, etc., just to get back to the same sh...

Task Manager is helpful. There is a brand new blank window with a very informative message: "There are no apps running".

Go figure! AGAIN, the English text may be different, it's my free translation.

This question is being posed from a different machine and OS, since I have no access, none whatsoever, to my nearly new Windows 10 machine. This is the 5th time I got locked from my brand new bought and paid for laptop with a Windows 10 license pre-installed.

Should I buy Microsoft as well to get me a stable working version? Or just format the entire disk and install a different OS? Because I really don't know how to restart that machine in a different manner, without loosing what I already paid for.

Many thanks in advance for your support and opinions.

:)

JoseNinguem, Oct 23, 2018

2. Deleting Windows 10 user account/profile

Hello,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Are you login to an Administrator account?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you disable the said user account via Command Prompt. Refer to the steps below:

1. Right-click on Start button, select
    Command Prompt (Admin).

2. On the Command Prompt window, type in net user and press
    Enter.

3. A list of user profiles on your computer will appear, if you see the user account you wish to disable then you can type:

net user ExampleUserName /active:no (note the space between the end of the user name and the /) and press
    Enter.

Note: Make sure that you have other accounts available to your computer with Administrator rights before performing this method.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Oct 23, 2018
  3. (WINDOWS 10)"The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded."

Hi Ashley,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you while logging-in with the guest user account on Windows 10.

This issue might be due to the User profile Services, please follow the below and check.

I suggest you to Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for User Profile Service, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic
    • Now check if you are able to log-in.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 23, 2018
  4. Win 10 user profile deleted by update? Something else?

How to completely delete the files and folders of the corrupted profile and rename the same user profile name in the newly created user profile in Windows 10?

Hello Ian,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Method 1: You can delete the files and folders from the corrupted user from
    File explorer by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + E keys on the keyboard to open
      File explorer.

• Click on This PC located at the left side panel of the window to open the drives of the PC.

• Go to users folder by opening the
      C: drive.

• From users folder, locate the user folder you want to delete and
      press Shift + Delete keys on the keyboard.

• After the process is complete, close the window and check if the files and folders are deleted.

Method 2: I suggest you to refer to the suggestion by
    Annu Singh from the link below to rename the user profile and check if it helps.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-preview/88033eca-6b32-47c5-90ac-a5e7af17d094

Write back to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 23, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 user profile deleted by update? Something else?

1. Win 10 user profile deleted by update? Something else? - Similar Threads - user profile deleted

2. user profile deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    user profile deleted: I am resetting my Windows 10 laptop. Tried to clean ALL files & re-login. But it saysThe User Profile Service service failed the sign-inUser profile cannot be loaded https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-profile-deleted/22cf925c-474c-459a-950a-435569558fdf
  3. user profile deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    user profile deleted: I am resetting my Windows 10 laptop. Tried to clean ALL files & re-login. But it saysThe User Profile Service service failed the sign-inUser profile cannot be loaded https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-profile-deleted/22cf925c-474c-459a-950a-435569558fdf
  4. Delete User Profile

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Delete User Profile: I see a second user profile that auto pops up at the Windows Hello sign in. It asks for the username and password and I believe it's an account I accidentally created somehow. How do I delete this profile? I checked in Control Panel > User Accounts > User Accounts > Manage...
  5. Delete User Profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete User Profile: I see a second user profile that auto pops up at the Windows Hello sign in. It asks for the username and password and I believe it's an account I accidentally created somehow. How do I delete this profile? I checked in Control Panel > User Accounts > User Accounts > Manage...
  6. Deleting a User Profile.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting a User Profile.: I have 2 profiles on my laptop and I want to delete the secondary one as it is no longer used. How to delete the user profile along with the data? And how to do delete while retaining the data? And will deleting a profile of 80+ Gigs improve the performance of my laptop?...
  7. Deleting a User Profile.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting a User Profile.: I have 2 profiles on my laptop and I want to delete the secondary one as it is no longer used. How to delete the user profile along with the data? And how to do delete while retaining the data? And will deleting a profile of 80+ Gigs improve the performance of my laptop?...
  8. UPDATE DELETED MY USER PROFILE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UPDATE DELETED MY USER PROFILE: I'm not sure if it even was an update to be honest. I opened up my laptop to find a notification to restart, which I did, and then told me to log into my normal user profile. When I did, everything was wiped off of that account. And when I went onto the Windows C drive...
  9. Windows 10 Update Deleted User Profiles

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Update Deleted User Profiles: I updated to the latest version of Windows 10 on 7-7-2019 and I was required to do the update with a full erase of my files and settings. Luckily i backed up all of my files ahead of time with the notification that the update would be doing this. The problem arose when I...
  10. How to **TOTALLY** delete a User profile in Win 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to **TOTALLY** delete a User profile in Win 10: I wanted to remove my user profile and all its data and credentials from a machine I was handing over to AN Other. I know that, as usual in Windows, there is more than one way to kill a cat... ... so I used Control Panel/User Accounts (as main Admin user) and deleted User...