Windows 10: Win 10 using Edge not auto logging on to sites after power off or rest

Discus and support Win 10 using Edge not auto logging on to sites after power off or rest in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I use Edge for my browser. I have it optioned to save passwords, and to log on automatically. It does ask for, and saves the passwords, and it all... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by smalltown, Sep 13, 2020.

1. smalltown Win User

Win 10 using Edge not auto logging on to sites after power off or rest

I use Edge for my browser. I have it optioned to save passwords, and to log on automatically. It does ask for, and saves the passwords, and it all works each time I revisit those sites. However (there is always an however) if I power off or reboot I will not be automatically logged into my old sites. The log on and passwords are being saved, but I manually need to click on "log in" to actually log into a site.

In the past I was able to auto log in, but now i am wondering is this just a new security feature or do I I have something not optioned properly ?

Win version 2004 OS build 19041.508
    Edge version 85.0.564.51 Official build 64bit

:)

smalltown, Sep 13, 2020

2. WIN 10 Edge & Internet Sites Visits

Hello,

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What happens when you to try to load the same in other browsers excluding Edge and internet Explorer?
    • Are you facing this issue after any recent update?
    • Have you installed any third party security application?
    Lets try with the below steps and check if he issue resolves.

Step 1: I suggest you reset the Internet explorer
    and check if it helps.

Refer: Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

Step 2: I suggest you to try deleting the browsing history in Microsoft Edge
    and check if it helps as it stores the forms, passwords, and sites you've visited.

Refer: View and delete browser history in Microsoft Edge

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer/Microsoft Edge Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental
    control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Resetting Internet Explorer isn't reversible, and all previous settings are lost after reset.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 13, 2020
  3. Mike_749 Win User
    No Log In option after Win 10 auto update

No Log In option after Win 10 auto update Desk top is open but no log in box.

ctrl - alt - delete does nothing and neither does anything else.

I have looked around for suggestions but everything looks outdated

Mike_749, Sep 13, 2020
  4. Win 10 using Edge not auto logging on to sites after power off or rest

Sorting the Edge's frequently visited sites

Hi Doug,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the below given steps and check if issue is resolved.

• Open Microsoft Edge browser home page.
    • Click on Customize on the Home page
    • Select the particular category to watch the specific suggestion.
    Also follow the below given steps and check if that answers your query.

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More action(…) on left most corner.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Select Top sites and suggested content under Open New tabs with
    • Open new tab to check if it shows the Most visited website.

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

Win 10 using Edge not auto logging on to sites after power off or rest

1. Win 10 using Edge not auto logging on to sites after power off or rest - Similar Threads - using Edge auto

2. Windows 10 Auto Log Off All account?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Auto Log Off All account?: I'm looking to automatically log off all the accounts active. These computers are used by different users and at the end of the day, not all the users log off, affecting the performance of the computer. Is any way automatically the computer log off at a specific time or after...
  3. Windows 10 Auto Log Off All account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Auto Log Off All account?: I'm looking to automatically log off all the accounts active. These computers are used by different users and at the end of the day, not all the users log off, affecting the performance of the computer. Is any way automatically the computer log off at a specific time or after...
  4. Auto log off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto log off: Is there any way to auto log off most recent logged on account, so i dont have to do it manually in task manager? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-log-off/c9b18ce7-0398-44c2-be81-2346ffca6320
  5. Auto log off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto log off: Is there any way to auto log off most recent logged on account, so i dont have to do it manually in task manager? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-log-off/c9b18ce7-0398-44c2-be81-2346ffca6320
  6. Auto log off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Rest win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Rest win 10: I decided to rest win 10 because of issues with it. When I did I lost Word that came with my computer. Cannot use templates that I stored for use with it. How do I get it back, where can I go to download or am I just out of luck. I have try Microsoft office for 60 days...
  8. Win 10 | Auto Maintenance | Power Options turned off?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 | Auto Maintenance | Power Options turned off?: Does it do that? The settings appear to "go back to normal" once I get back to the computer -> Monitor turns off after 15, system goes to sleep after a hour. But if its woken up by Auto Maint, that doesn't happen. Ideas? Otherwise I'm just gonna turn this thing off. 96749
  9. Installing site certificate using Edge?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Installing site certificate using Edge?: I have a NAS which gives a certificate which is not trusted and has to be added to the trusted certificate store. This is simple using Internet explorer but I can't find the way to do this using Edge. Can anyone help? 32584
  10. auto log off problem

in Windows 10 Support
    auto log off problem: I have just upgraded my desktop PC from windows 8 to 10, it has gone OK with a couple of minor issues which I am sure I will solve in time (can't find control panel in the new style start button etc). However one issue that is really a pain is whenever I go away for a short...