Windows 10: Win 10 Using Win 7 Backup which attempts to backup a deleted user

Discus and support Win 10 Using Win 7 Backup which attempts to backup a deleted user in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Win 10 - I am using Windows 7 Backup and Restore and the error log always shows skipped files of a deleted user. The user is deleted in every way I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PeterC45Locust, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Win 10 Using Win 7 Backup which attempts to backup a deleted user

Win 10 - I am using Windows 7 Backup and Restore and the error log always shows skipped files of a deleted user. The user is deleted in every way I could find to do it and I have deleted the User Folder for that user. Windows Backup must be finding that old user in the registry somewhere. Can anyone point me to where in the registry this old user might be so I can delete those keys.

:)

PeterC45Locust, Feb 4, 2020
  2. CesarM1 Win User

Can not backup in win 10 using win 7 backup/restore option

Can not backup in win 10 using win 7 backup/restore option the program show a message the media is write protected and the backup abort with error 0x80070013 please advice

thanks

Cesar Mantilla

CesarM1, Feb 4, 2020
  3. capalbo Win User
    Automatic backup

RAID as a backup??? Your OS corrupts and you're still still fckd up!!!

Sean89 - you could consider Microsofy SyncToy (free).

Backup is a 2-pronged approach.

There is system backup / imaging that protects you against hardware failure or OS corruption. The Win 7 inbuilt backup is quite good at that. There are other products (more featured) such as Acronis - obviously not free.

However just a system backup is not enough. It's best to also have a file backup that will protect your user files (files you generate ex. documents) from deletion, overwriting, sudden corruption (MS excel anyone??) etc.

I use the Win 7 inbuilt backup for system state and Altaro Oops!Backup for file backup. Both products saved my ass a few times but it was the Oops!Backup product that i'm most thankful for!!! I work a lot with docs, photoshop, dreamweaver files etc and since I modify these files on a daily basis I always want to have the latest version of the files backed up - Altaro Oops!Backup Continuous Data Protection does that for me.

Acronis - Acronis
    Altaro Oops!Backup - Altaro: Backup Software for Hyper-V, VMware, Office 365 and Windows Servers

capalbo, Feb 4, 2020
  4. Win 10 Using Win 7 Backup which attempts to backup a deleted user

Can't "backup" from Win 7 (Pro) to Win 10 computer. FIXED

FYI: Had to turn ON "Windows Backup" in Services. Probably turned off by my Windows Home Server software, circa 2006??

I am attempting to setup "backup and restore" on my Windows 7 Pro computer, backing up to the new Windows 10 "server" I just built.

I've:

1. setup Homegroup

2. Changed permission to "everyone" on the Win 10 drive "d" in question

But I can't get past the

"Specified Network location can not be used"

"Verify the path points to a correct network and supplied credentials can be used for write access"

I know I can access the "d' drive, I even added a folder "backup" to backup too.

Tried backing up to root too, just "D:", without the folder.

I've tried every combination of Users and passwords I can think of:

My user name and password on the Win 7 computer

My user name and Pin ( and password) on the win 10 computer

MY Microsoft email and password (MS account)

I use the same username on all the Win 7 computers, and the same password.

I added that password to the Win 10 computer too, but it still has a Pin for logon.

I've also made sure my user name on the Win 10 had admin privileges. I even thought

I had changed the user name on the Win 10 to the Win 7 computer user name, so all where the same but it didn't take.

Can't get past this.

I built the Win 10 "server" for mirroring my pic and file data, and as a backup repository for my three Win 7 machines.

Obviously I can access the Win 10 "d" drive as I have already copied my pictures and files over from my old (very old) Win Home Server.

I just can't "backup" using the Win 7 Pro backup wizard...

Thanks in advance for your help! I am flummoxed.

FYI: It gets weirder>>> Tried it on my Win 7 Pro laptop (wireless connection) ...and it WORKED using

my user name and password.

Also tried: Turned off "password required" and it still didn't work on my wired Desktop.

Win 10 Using Win 7 Backup which attempts to backup a deleted user ce5466bc-f1fd-4f4e-8f7c-2190edacf450.jpg

glmccready, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

Win 10 Using Win 7 Backup which attempts to backup a deleted user

1. Win 10 Using Win 7 Backup which attempts to backup a deleted user - Similar Threads - Using Backup attempts

2. Backup and Restore - Win 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup and Restore - Win 7: I tried using the Win 7 Backup and restore. Below is a screen print of my settings. After a backup and deleting programs etc, I did a restore but my programs were not restored. My data files were restored.Can you suggest what I might have done wrong that the programs were not...
  3. Backup and Restore - Win 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup and Restore - Win 7: I tried using the Win 7 Backup and restore. Below is a screen print of my settings. After a backup and deleting programs etc, I did a restore but my programs were not restored. My data files were restored.Can you suggest what I might have done wrong that the programs were not...
  4. Installed win 7 registry backup in win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Installed win 7 registry backup in win 10: HelloI did something stupid and installed a Windows 7 registry backup to windows 10 and now I can't access anything, command prompt, registry etc. I was messing around with the registry previously to stop antimalware service from running as it was slowing down my system, I...
  5. win 10 backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 backup: I reformatted the hard disc which was full and now I cannot acses backup cycle to start a new backup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-backup/c68dd6c7-dc58-42fd-b016-55895e7c351b
  6. Win 10 backup

Win 10 backup: Why does win 10 backup not happen when scheduled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-backup/8837fd0f-be09-4b5f-ae97-29da44c97fd4
  7. Win 10 Backup (7)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Backup (7): Hi, I'm getting a message that Backup skipped two files. I checked the paths and they are invalid. Since I cannot drill down to these two locations in File Manager, I wonder how Backup is selecting them, that is, where is Backup getting this information to attempt to...
  8. Can not backup in win 10 using win 7 backup/restore option

Can not backup in win 10 using win 7 backup/restore option: Can not backup in win 10 using win 7 backup/restore option the program show a message the media is write protected and the backup abort with error 0x80070013 please advice thanks Cesar Mantilla...
  9. backup win 10

backup win 10: ok I am going to reset the pc and want to know how do I backup my all settings after reinstalling and how do I restore when needed 2.microsoft edge frequently creates problem of not loading any site why so? I restarted pc and it works why...
  10. Win 10 Backup

Win 10 Backup: Using "Backup and Restore (Windows 7) on my Windows 10 System on my Lenovo Laptop, I received the error message. Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\defaultuser0\Contacts. Error:(STATUS_WAIT_2 (0x80070002)) Backup encountered a problem while backing...