Windows 10: Win 10, v1909, SFC Errors, Reading CBS.log

Discus and support Win 10, v1909, SFC Errors, Reading CBS.log in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; -------------- Background ------------------- I deleted a number of the APPS Microsoft installed (and NOT wanted) when I upgraded from Win-7 to Win-10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by dw85745, Jan 12, 2020.

1. dw85745 Win User

Win 10, v1909, SFC Errors, Reading CBS.log

--------------
    Background
    -------------------
    I deleted a number of the APPS Microsoft installed (and NOT wanted) when I upgraded from Win-7 to Win-10.
    After this I noticed a few issues such as:
    1) UTube progressive bar slider on videos does not show.
    2) Firefox Font icons for forum posting does Not work in some forums (this forum is OK and this may be unrelated)
    3) Controls are hidden when dragging in Visual Studio.

Went ahead an ran SFC /scannow and received "cannot fix certain errors" or something similar.

---------------
    Question
    ---------------
    Looked at the CBS.log, but because of length and detail need some advice on how best to identify
    the particular problems within the log?

T

:)

dw85745, Jan 12, 2020
  2. davidhk Win User

Need help reading CBS log Entrys

Here is another way to obtain your cbs log.......................

Go to File Explorer > click This PC > click open C :drive > open Windows > open Logs > open CBS > cbs log should be at the top of the list. > open it and the log is in Notepad.

davidhk, Jan 12, 2020
  3. Error Log Reading

Hi ankurshaswat.

Sorry I can't tell from logs but all data appears to be very old. Like September. Here is a list of quick fixes that can help from an MS article.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/win...dy_UpgradeTips
    Quick fixes The following steps can resolve many Windows upgrade problems.

• Remove nonessential external hardware, such as docks and USB devices.
    • Check all hard drives for errors and attempt repairs. To automatically repair hard drives, open an elevated command prompt, switch to the drive you wish to repair, and type the following command. You will be required to reboot the computer if the hard drive being repaired is also the system drive.
      • chkdsk /F
    • Attempt to restore and repair system files by typing the following commands at an elevated command prompt. It may take several minutes for the command operations to be completed. For more information, see Repair a Windows Image.
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
      • sfc /scannow
    • Update Windows so that all available recommended updates are installed, and ensure the computer is rebooted if this is necessary to complete installation of an update.
    • Uninstall non-Microsoft antivirus software.
      • Use Windows Defender for protection during the upgrade.
      • Verify compatibility information and re-install antivirus applications after the upgrade.
    • Uninstall all nonessential software.
    • Update firmware and drivers.
    • Ensure that "Download and install updates (recommended)" is accepted at the start of the upgrade process.
    • Verify at least 16 GB of free space is available to upgrade a 32-bit OS, or 20 GB for a 64-bit OS.

Once you done all of the above could I suggest you follow this tutorial to install the upgrade. While non destructive I would recommend backing up all data off device.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

Then repost the logs please.

Caledon Ken, Jan 12, 2020
  4. l_turn9 Win User

ran a SFC Scan and it suggested I run the CBS process

As mentioned, I had some odd behavior and ran SFC /Scannow. It said I had corrupted files it could not fix and suggested I run a CBS process. A log file was produced but I don't know what I'm reading. Can someone help?

Should I post the log here? I have no idea if it contains personal info... and it's pretty large (78KB)

Suggestions?

l_turn9, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Win 10, v1909, SFC Errors, Reading CBS.log - Similar Threads - v1909 SFC Errors

2. The SFC scannow misisng windir\Logs\CBS\.log

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The SFC scannow misisng windir\Logs\CBS\.log: I ran a sfc scannow command prompt to fix my windows 10 and computer files. It could not fix some corrupted files. It did give this - windir\logs\cbs\cbs.log but none of that is on my computer. I've searched an there is nothing on the c drive. Is there something I can do to...
  3. The SFC scannow misisng windir\Logs\CBS\.log

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The SFC scannow misisng windir\Logs\CBS\.log: I ran a sfc scannow command prompt to fix my windows 10 and computer files. It could not fix some corrupted files. It did give this - windir\logs\cbs\cbs.log but none of that is on my computer. I've searched an there is nothing on the c drive. Is there something I can do to...
  4. The SFC scannow misisng windir\Logs\CBS\.log

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. CBS log error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CBS log error: HiWhere do i find and how do i read itThank youTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cbs-log-error/dbff8182-75b3-452a-814d-89de21bbcb05
  6. CBS log error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CBS log error: HiWhere do i find and how do i read itThank youTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cbs-log-error/dbff8182-75b3-452a-814d-89de21bbcb05
  7. CBS log error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. CBS log from SFC scan

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CBS log from SFC scan: after running sfc /scannow errors were found & this is where the results were found . I have no idea how to read this. https://1drv.ms/u/s!At73nWtbQSuIgbcKmbFBuM-QNwW_0Q?e=scbcIP...
  9. Errors is CBS logs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Errors is CBS logs: Have eventually got 10 activated and it is a bit buggy freezing on certain pages and I ran the sfc and got back there are some errors - see pic - and I am wondering just what these errors are and what to do about them. Any advice please. Edit I went looking for them but...
  10. Need help reading CBS log Entrys

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Need help reading CBS log Entrys: After installing Win 10, I decided to run sfc /scannow, funny thing is why do you end up with the message about it finding corrupt files after installing a fresh copy of Win 10? Anyway, I started to look at the CBS file that was created and found the following entries:...