Windows 10: Win 10 v2004 & HP Device Drivers

Discus and support Win 10 v2004 & HP Device Drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've got a relatively new HP laptop that became very erratic after the upgrade to Win 10 v2004. It appears to be a device driver problem. HP Support... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tjg79, Jun 28, 2020.

1. tjg79 Win User

Win 10 v2004 & HP Device Drivers

I've got a relatively new HP laptop that became very erratic after the upgrade to Win 10 v2004. It appears to be a device driver problem.

HP Support hasn't posted updated drivers for Win 10 v2004. Just about all of the drivers they do have posted are specified for ether Win 10 v1903 or v1909. Also, these drivers won't install on a v2004 system.

HP Support can't say when the new drivers will be posted, other than it could be months from now. HP Support never cautioned about updating to v2004. The Intel High Definition Audio device can't find any driver under v2004.

Is this typical for other hardware manufactures? I think it's outrageous that HP Support can't keep up with Microsoft Updates.

:)

tjg79, Jun 28, 2020
  2. NGeo Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Hey Dj Urko, I am trying to install the realtek driver and I get the error 0x0001. I have disabled secure boot and Driver signature. I have the latest win 10 build. What am I doing wrong? Can u post the complete list of steps that I have to take? I have an asus z170 with alc1150.
    Thanks in advance

3. Upgrade from 8.1 to Win 10

Hi Roy,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this laptop compatible with Windows 10?
    • Are there drivers for Windows 10 for this laptop on HP website?

I would suggest you to temporarily disable/un-install any HP's software if you have installed.

Also, I would suggest you to start the upgrade by un-installing the updated drivers and installing basic windows drivers.

Follow the steps mentioned below:

• Right on the start icon and click on device manager

• Expand Network/Device adapters, Select the adapter, right click and click on un-install.

• Restart the computer.

Now start the upgrade from an ISO and see if that helps.

Hope this helps.

Waseemulla S, Jun 28, 2020
  4. Try3 Win User

from where to download device drivers for HP laptop

The HP list can get more specific if you step backwards to https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/laptops and then enter your serial number instead of relying on the model number alone.

If the final list includes several versions of the same driver then you could usefully download the latest version in each case.

If you believe that your currently-installed drivers are correct then you can export them in an admin command window using this command -
    [replace E:\DriverBackupFolders with the path to an existing folder on, say, an external HDD]
    Code:
    - And you can point to this folder again when you reinstall by opening Device manager & using the update driver routine for any devices that have warning icons on them - just select the option that you have the installation disk in each case and give that folder as its location.
    - Personally, I use the latest drivers downloaded from the OEM and then just use the backups for cases that remain a problem.
    - After that you could use the HP support assistant [which is on the HP list you linked to] to detect and obtain any drivers that are still a problem.

Denis

Thema:

1. Win 10 v2004 & HP Device Drivers - Similar Threads - v2004 Device Drivers

2. Win 10 - HP Laptop - HP Monitor Driver Incompatibility

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 - HP Laptop - HP Monitor Driver Incompatibility: Hello All. Hoping you can help. I cannot afford to buy any new equipment at the moment. Been unemployed for 9 months. I have an HP Envy Touchscreen 17 laptop. I have an HP 2009m monitor. I have Windows 10. My graphics card is Intel HD Graphics 4600 - version 20.19.15.5058. Is...
  3. HP driver error on Win 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP driver error on Win 10 update: When I "Check for Updates" I have a "retry" button. When I do the retry I see this app/driver is trying to update only on screen 2 seconds then get "retry" again. I have done retry a dozen times. HP - Printer - 20.80.3.8529 I can't get past this to access other updates....
  4. variety of BSoD on win 10 v2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    variety of BSoD on win 10 v2004: I am getting a variety of BSoD errors - each time I reboot my session lasts for a while and then crashes with a new message (lately '21a' seems to be the most prevalent). I am at v2004 (H1) of Windows 10 Pro. When I do a 'sfc /scannow' I get this error upon completion:...
  5. Group Policies not saving. Win 10 v2004

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Group Policies not saving. Win 10 v2004: Hello, So I'm trying to disable anti virus, especially realtime protection, but every time I reboot, gpedit settings revert back to normal. Never had this issue before. I read some guy solved it by this method: did some digging and googling and found what caused it at...
  6. Robocopy broken in Win 10 v2004?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Robocopy broken in Win 10 v2004?: Is robocopy in Win 10 v2004 totally borked? I have been using a batch file for 5 years now to robocopy my documents, desktop, etc to a folder on my Synology NAS. I bought a new Dell, upgraded it to v2004 kicking myself. I changed my script to robocopy from my NAS to my new...
  7. Win 10 v2004 update problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 v2004 update problem: Since upgrading I noticed all my files are routed through One Drive cloud. Example Pictures folder used to be under This Computer with sub folders. Now it has all been placed in Cloud storage. Why did this happen? How do I undo it without loss of files? Thanks...
  8. HP Webcam driver? Is a driver available for Win 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Webcam driver? Is a driver available for Win 10?: Is there a driver for an HP webcam for Win 10? If so, where please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-webcam-driver-is-a-driver-available-for-win-10/86e78126-d938-48b4-9195-923f5fb3da2e
  9. Win 10 HP Laserjet 1220 printer driver

Win 10 HP Laserjet 1220 printer driver: Previous versions of Win 10 have allowed me to install my HP LaserJet 1220. I bought a new Surface Go, and sadly this does not recognise my printer. I've done catalogue update - nothing. I've installed the driver from hp.com support - this doesn't work either. Can someone...
  10. HP Printer Drivers remain a headache on Win 10

HP Printer Drivers remain a headache on Win 10: This morning on checking for updates, I was notified that a driver update for my HP printer was available. After getting the update, and checking the update history file I notice that this update ran 6 times, all successfully. Trying to establish if there are any...