Windows 10: Win 10 v2004 update problem

Discus and support Win 10 v2004 update problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since upgrading I noticed all my files are routed through One Drive cloud. Example Pictures folder used to be under This Computer with sub folders. Now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MBretired_NT, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Win 10 v2004 update problem

Since upgrading I noticed all my files are routed through One Drive cloud. Example Pictures folder used to be under This Computer with sub folders. Now it has all been placed in Cloud storage. Why did this happen? How do I undo it without loss of files? Thanks

:)

MBretired_NT, Jun 25, 2020

2. Win 10 1607 update

Installed the update manually at the the moment everything is bueno.
    It seems that Microsoft has a big problem in there update department windows 7 update has problems win 8 update has problems. Windows 10 update is so-so.

Countryside, Jun 25, 2020
  3. win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Jun 25, 2020
  4. DonWyman Win User

Win 10 v2004 update problem

Win 10 build 10240 to Threshold 2 update problem on 16G tablet

Thanks, that is a very comprehensive list of suggestions. However, I have done almost all of the steps you've listed...except uninstalling the apps. Even if I deleted virtually all my installed apps (most were installed on the D drive anyway, except for the ones that would only install on C), it may leave just barely enough room to get to the 5G needed for the install...but then where would I be.....an operating system running on a tablet, with hardly any apps on it....an anchor! The problem with apparently no answer is WinSxS!

It seems that even though Win 10 will install and run on the small little 16G tablets, they can not be updated over a period of time as the Windows and WinSxS folder continue to grow out of bounds. Thus leaving a 16G C drive device fairly useless for any useful purpose. The only option (it appears), is to do a fresh reformat and install, with every new Win 10 upgrade down the line, thus starting with a small WinSxS each time, instead of one that balloons with every program install and software upgrade.

Any other ideas, greatly accepted....thanks all!

DonWyman, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

Win 10 v2004 update problem

1. Win 10 v2004 update problem - Similar Threads - v2004 update problem

2. Windows 10 v2004 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 v2004 Update: Howdy, I have a Lenovo E560 laptop with an i7-6500 with 16GB RAM and an AMD Radeon R7 M370 graphics card latest update installed running Windows 10 Pro v 1909. I have updated Windows every day forever BUT v 2004 is STILL NOT available; says when my device is ready it will...
  3. variety of BSoD on win 10 v2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    variety of BSoD on win 10 v2004: I am getting a variety of BSoD errors - each time I reboot my session lasts for a while and then crashes with a new message (lately '21a' seems to be the most prevalent). I am at v2004 (H1) of Windows 10 Pro. When I do a 'sfc /scannow' I get this error upon completion:...
  4. Win10 v2004 update problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 v2004 update problems: Why did this update disable sharing on the Win 10 computers? I have two computers running Win 10 and two running Win 7. After the update to v 2004 neither of the Win 10 computers could find the shares on the Win 10 ones, but they could still see the Win 7 ones in File...
  5. Windows 10 v2004 Problems

Windows 10 v2004 Problems: Hi. I am not very happy with Version 2004 CHKDSK /F or /R doesn't work with with Norton 360 my OEM HP Recovery partition is now corrupted every time I use the recovery partition i now get the error code 0xc000000f with bluescreen. Do me fever Microsoft Stop making...
  6. Windows 10 v2004 update problem with Logitech F710 Gamepad

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 v2004 update problem with Logitech F710 Gamepad: Hello all, I have had an F710 as my gamepad and haven't had issues until i recently updated to v2004 of windows 10, I searched online and installed the non-signed drivers and managed to get it working, but every time i restart, i would have to install the drivers again, does...
  7. windows 10 v2004 problem

windows 10 v2004 problem: I have a problem signing in with my pin even if it is correct I always need to restart to be able to sign in and my work is gone. It goes back to the original setup when i already pin some apps on the taskbar and on the desktop. There is also this zlib1.dll cannot be...
  8. ICON PROBLEM ON WINDOWS 10 V2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ICON PROBLEM ON WINDOWS 10 V2004: After update Windows 10 to v2004 some icon seems to be not supporting....on desktop..but woks fine from lock screen...how to solve this? [ATTACH][ATTACH] BUT KEEPING EYE ON LOCKSCREEN..... [IMG] BEFORE UPDATE THERE WAS NOT ANY PROBLEM LIKE THIS......
  9. Robocopy broken in Win 10 v2004?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Robocopy broken in Win 10 v2004?: Is robocopy in Win 10 v2004 totally borked? I have been using a batch file for 5 years now to robocopy my documents, desktop, etc to a folder on my Synology NAS. I bought a new Dell, upgraded it to v2004 kicking myself. I changed my script to robocopy from my NAS to my new...
  10. Win 10 v2004 & HP Device Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 v2004 & HP Device Drivers: I've got a relatively new HP laptop that became very erratic after the upgrade to Win 10 v2004. It appears to be a device driver problem. HP Support hasn't posted updated drivers for Win 10 v2004. Just about all of the drivers they do have posted are specified for ether Win...