Windows 10: Win-10 (v20H2) Fax and Scan and HP2400 Scanner Issues

Discus and support Win-10 (v20H2) Fax and Scan and HP2400 Scanner Issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently solved an HP printer problem I was having which I originally blamed on Win-10. Turned out the roller on the printer needed to be cleaned and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dw85745, Mar 30, 2021.

1. dw85745 Win User

Win-10 (v20H2) Fax and Scan and HP2400 Scanner Issues

I recently solved an HP printer problem I was having which I originally blamed on Win-10.
    Turned out the roller on the printer needed to be cleaned and for whatever reason Win-10 was receiving an "out of paper" flag that would cause the printed document to hang in the print spooler.

I mention this as "MAYBE" the following may also be some type of hardware tweak or minor cleaning issue rather than Win-10.

///////////////////////////////////////
    Now the Scanner Issue
    /////////////////////////////////////

Using Win-10 Fax and Scan.
    I have a couple of things going on.

1) "Normally" I can scan 1 page. Then when I go to scan the 2nd page (sometimes the 3rd), the scanner hangs.
    At this time I need a soft boot -- OR -- sometimes just being up task manager, and then cancelling
    task manager (NOT the scan program) triggers the scanner to work.

2) 2nd problem -- Again sometimes when I scan a page I just get mostly white and then a big black smear.
    Nothing legible or reflective of the document being scanned.

I have yet to get M$ troubleshooter to solve any problem on anything.

Anyone have any ideas how to troubleshoot this type of scanner issue?
    For example is the scanner using the print spooler, WIA, etc. Any Reg keys I need to know about.
    How about folders, or files (including dlls) that are used.? Where to start?

:)

dw85745, Mar 30, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Error: Set the PC to start scanning when scanning using Cannon scanner

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• What is the complete error message?
    • Which application are you using to scan the document?
    • What is the make and model of the scanner?
    • Were you able to use the scanner earlier?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Install and use a scanner in Windows 10
    and see if that helps.

Please reply with the detailed information to help you with the issue.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 30, 2021
  3. Microtek scanner on Win 10 Pro

Hi Jean,

To get better clarity on the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• Is the scanner detected under Devices?
    • Were you able to see the scanner on the Device Manager?
    • Have you installed the latest driver for the scanner?

We suggest you to run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. To do this, follow the steps:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting and hit enter.
    • Choose Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Hardware and Devices and run the troubleshooter.

If issue persists, we suggest you contact the manufacturer to get better assistance.

Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Monica Cam, Mar 30, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

WIN-10 FAX & SCAN CONNECTIVITY ISSUES

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• What is the make and model of the scanner and FAX?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Uninstall and Reinstall the scanners and Fax Driver.

Step 1: Uninstall the scanner's Drivers.

a. Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

b. Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

c. Search for the scanner' and Fax from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
    from the computer.

d. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted. After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or scanner manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Network Card model and then install it by following
    the instructions given in the website.

Step 3: Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

a. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

b. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.

c. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the

installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 30, 2021
Thema:

1. Win-10 (v20H2) Fax and Scan and HP2400 Scanner Issues - Similar Threads - v20H2 Fax Scan

2. Windows Fax and Scan periodically loses connectivity to scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Fax and Scan periodically loses connectivity to scanner: I work for an MSP, and we have a client whose Windows 10 PC constantly loses the connection to their scanner. We get an error that says, in part, "No scanners were detected..." even though the printer/scanner MFP drivers are up-to-date and the Ethernet connection to the...
  3. Windows Fax and Scan - scanner no longer detected - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Fax and Scan - scanner no longer detected - Windows 10: I've been using Windows Fax and Scan with my HP printer/scanner HP Color LaserJet Prop MFP m277dw for a while now on this Windows 10 PC. I successfully used it as recently as 8 days ago, but today it simply reports "No scanners were detected."I'm not sure what changed. The...
  4. Windows Fax and Scan - scanner no longer detected - Windows 10

Windows Fax and Scan - scanner no longer detected - Windows 10: I've been using Windows Fax and Scan with my HP printer/scanner HP Color LaserJet Prop MFP m277dw for a while now on this Windows 10 PC. I successfully used it as recently as 8 days ago, but today it simply reports "No scanners were detected."I'm not sure what changed. The...
  5. Windows Fax and Scan - scanner no longer detected - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. win 10 Fax & scan only faxing partial page

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win 10 Fax & scan only faxing partial page: I don't know what topic this should be under. Have been using fax & scan for a year on my win 10 with no problems. Now when I forward a fax, it is missing the center 1/3 of the page. The scan has the whole page there. What can I do to fix this? Seems to only happen to a fax,...
  7. Windows Fax and Scan doesn't recognize my scanner

Windows Fax and Scan doesn't recognize my scanner: I have a Canon TS5120 All-in-One, and it's worked perfectly until today. All of a sudden, when using Windows Fax & Scan, it isn't recognized. I need to scan an important document and now I can't. I have the latest drivers from Canon. What has caused this problem to suddenly...
  8. Win 10 Fax/Scan Setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Fax/Scan Setup: Win 10 Fax setup is needed. Using a Dell which came w/Win 10 and s/w is installed however never used. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-faxscan-setup/f84c141e-3cee-4e2f-880b-76a9ccfbbeba
  9. Windows 10 Fax and Scan Issues

Windows 10 Fax and Scan Issues: My windows fax and scan no longer updates automatically. I have to close out the program and reopen it to see new faxes and to see if sent faxes have gone through. Please help....
  10. Windows Fax and Scan- No scanner detected - Windows 10

Windows Fax and Scan- No scanner detected - Windows 10: I had windows 10 on my previous computer, I just update to a new one, I used my HP LaserJet MFP M426fdw on my previous machine via wifi connection, and i am trying to use it the same way now, I can print, but scanner is not recognized in Windows Fax and Scan, any help? All...