Windows 10: win 10 version expired on one computer

Discus and support win 10 version expired on one computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have 3 computers with win that originally came with the OS. I've kept developer updates on 2 of the 3 up to date. now I need to use the resources on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BobHassel, Feb 15, 2021.

1. BobHassel Win User

win 10 version expired on one computer

I have 3 computers with win that originally came with the OS. I've kept developer updates on 2 of the 3 up to date. now I need to use the resources on that computer. I keep getting the message that 'This build of Windows Will Expire on 1/31/2021. Obviously I missed that. When I try to updated it goes through the motions of a very long download and install process only to give me in the end the same error message.

Any idea what I can do?

Thanks,

Bob

:)

BobHassel, Feb 15, 2021

2. ThrottleStop - The beta version has expired

The title says it all. I downloaded and installed throttleStop for the first time a couple months back. I did this to undervolt my Surface Pro 4 cpu (for lower temps & longer battery life). Since it was using an i5 skylake cpu I had to download the beta version that supports those CPU's.

That was ThrottleStop 8.10 Beta 2. Now today when ThrottleStop tried to start it said, "The beta version has expired". I went to download the latest version but it hasn't been updated in over half a year. It's still version 8.10 Beta 2. I still went ahead downloading it and opened it to see what would happen. The only thing that has change is that I get the prompt telling you that it's not ThrottleStop fault if you break your computer. After that you get the message, "The beta version has expired" again.

I don't want to change my system date to make ThrottleStop to work again. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Shadow_Spawn, Feb 15, 2021
  3. Throttlestop this version has now expired - no new version (8.48)

Run as Date not work for me. I open Run as a Date, find throttlestop, change date... and stil get message when open trothlestop that version expire..
    What I doing wrong?

I have win 10

vivekananda, Feb 15, 2021
  4. P4-630 Win User

ThrottleStop - The beta version has expired

@unclewebb , I recently installed Throttlestop 8.40 since the previous version expired.
    I only use it for Speed Shift, is the value "128" the default value on windows 10 with Speed Shift?
    (I'm on Windows 8.1)

How do I prevent it from expiring again?
    Or will Throttlestop constantly being updated and I just need to install the latest version every 6 months?

Edit: Where can I provide feedback in Throttlestop if you need it so it won't expire anymore?

Thanks for this software!

P4-630, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

1. win 10 version expired on one computer - Similar Threads - version expired computer

2. Windows 10 version expiring soon

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 version expiring soon: Just had windows 10 installed on 12/28/23 and now it keeps telling me that the current version of windows is about to expire and that I need to enter a new product key. Any suggestions?Edition Windows 10 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎12/‎28/‎2023 OS build 19045.3996...
  3. Windows 10 version expiring soon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 version expiring soon: Just had windows 10 installed on 12/28/23 and now it keeps telling me that the current version of windows is about to expire and that I need to enter a new product key. Any suggestions?Edition Windows 10 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎12/‎28/‎2023 OS build 19045.3996...
  4. Windows 10 version expiring soon

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. One Drive Subscription Expiring

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    One Drive Subscription Expiring: I received an email from Microsoft saying the followingYour OneDrive +100 subscription will expire on Thursday, 4 November 2021. To avoid a possible interruption of your service, please renew your subscription by Thursday, 4 November 2021While I have OneDrive I have never...
  6. your version of windows 10 is about to expire

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    your version of windows 10 is about to expire: hello.... i get the above error messagewith the below info from settings Edition Windows 10 Pro Version Dev Installed on ‎5/‎6/‎2021 OS build 21376.1 Experience Windows 10 Feature Experience Pack 321.11803.0.3 just a person using surface pro 3 at home thank you...
  7. version of win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    version of win 10: sir/madam tell me the latest version of windows 10 and all its information, means build no. and whatever https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/version-of-win-10/b6e6d40d-fc6d-4686-baa6-0f77a7a72b6f
  8. Win 10 activation is expiring - volume license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 activation is expiring - volume license: I just started getting the popup message that "win 10 activation is expiring" reading some threads here I figured out that it is expiring on 3/13/18 and it is a volume license I bought this computer from a private seller on ebay. I'm pretty sure it was upgraded from Win-7...
  9. homegroup with one Win 7 and one Win 10 computer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    homegroup with one Win 7 and one Win 10 computer?: I tried creating a homegroup on a Windows 7 computer. When I try to join it from my Windows 10 computer, it says it detects it, and asks for a password, but suddenly reports that it no longer exists and fails to join it. Any idea why this is, or how to debug it? 53590
  10. If I buy an OEM version of win 10 pro will that one too be a 'one use'

in Windows 10 Support
    If I buy an OEM version of win 10 pro will that one too be a 'one use': ..Or will I be able to install it on the next computer I buy too? (will not have it active on old computer as it will be salvaged for parts) Any difference between Retail and OEM? 11987