Windows 10: Win 10 viewing Win 10 pc's on Home Network Solved

Discus and support Win 10 viewing Win 10 pc's on Home Network Solved in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This seems to be an issue every time Microsoft comes out with an update. or you have done a fresh install or upgrade. Fortunately I do read older... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AndrewH, Oct 27, 2018.

1. AndrewH Win User

Win 10 viewing Win 10 pc's on Home Network Solved

This seems to be an issue every time Microsoft comes out with an update. or you have done a fresh install or upgrade.

Fortunately I do read older posts and found the solution, but it seems a lot of confusion is still prevalent in 2018.

Here's a picture with my network only showing win7 machines.

Win 10 viewing Win 10 pc's on Home Network Solved [​IMG]

In Windows features, turn on or off, is SMB

Check Mark these.

Say OK, let it update, reboot

and Hey, there all my win10 pc's

:)

AndrewH, Oct 27, 2018
  2. RealNeil Win User

Win 10 boots...

I can't answer to the speed of Win-8 booting. I tried the Win-8 preview and went back to Win-7 after a month. They say that Win-8.1 is a lot better than Win-8 was.
    My Win-10 TP is working well ATM.

RealNeil, Oct 27, 2018
  3. Win 10 boots...

People have Win 10 installed?

Easy Rhino, Oct 27, 2018
  4. MenyEi Win User

Win 7 PC can't see shared folder of Win 10 PC

I have small home network. The Home Group sharing capabilities are working both ways.

For some reason the Win 10 PC do not appear in the network list in my Win 7 PC, while the Win 7 PC do appear in the Win 10 network list (and can access it's shared folders).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Meny

MenyEi, Oct 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 viewing Win 10 pc's on Home Network Solved - Similar Threads - viewing pc's Home

2. home network with Win 10 and Win 11 devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    home network with Win 10 and Win 11 devices: I am currently running a home network with 3 Windows 10 computers. If I upgrade one device to Windows 11, will network access and file sharing still work across all the devices?...
  3. home network with Win 10 and Win 11 devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    home network with Win 10 and Win 11 devices: I am currently running a home network with 3 Windows 10 computers. If I upgrade one device to Windows 11, will network access and file sharing still work across all the devices?...
  4. Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro: I have replaced my old laptop with a new one.My old PC had Win 10 Pro free update from Win 7 Pro.The new one has Win 10 Home. I was advised that all I needed to do was to change the product key using the one I had for Win 7 and it would update to the Pro version. This did...
  5. Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro: I have replaced my old laptop with a new one.My old PC had Win 10 Pro free update from Win 7 Pro.The new one has Win 10 Home. I was advised that all I needed to do was to change the product key using the one I had for Win 7 and it would update to the Pro version. This did...
  6. home network win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    home network win 10: Prior questions here have led to no answer. 2 computers on the same wifi network need to access each other. Computer that i need to access shows up on File Explorer - Network. But attempts to access give this: [ATTACH] I have tried all of my passwords, looked for something...
  7. Win 7 and Win 10 Home Network Oddity

Win 7 and Win 10 Home Network Oddity: I have two desktop computers on an Ethernet Home Network. Computer 1 is a Dell Inspiron 530 (April 2009) running Windows 7, Network: L: \\INSPIRON530A Computer 2 is a Dell XPS 8920 (July 2017) running Windows 10 (build 1803), Network: L: \\DESKTOP-Q01G00A Home Networking did...
  8. Win 10 Crashing Home Network

Win 10 Crashing Home Network: Hi, After my partners 2 year old HP laptop had a hard drive failure, the tech guy who installed the new hard drive installed win 10 on it as opposed to the win 8.1 which was lost with the old hardware. Since then whenever she attempts to use the internet via our netgear...
  9. SOLVED: Can't write to networked Win 10 PC

SOLVED: Can't write to networked Win 10 PC: EDIT: I rebooted the Win 10 PC and now the permission stick. I do not remember ever seeing that was needed. I am on a Win 7 64 bit PC, wirelessly networked to a Win 10 Laptop PC. I can see the other PC (at last) and can take data from it to my machine. But I can't send...
  10. Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro: I upgraded my Win 8.1 into a Win 10 Home but it is not working properly. Does anyone can help me out how to find a free (and sound!) Win Pro for a clean install? 20601