Windows 10: Win 10 VM can't create a folder or file on mapped server drive but when logged onto another...

Discus and support Win 10 VM can't create a folder or file on mapped server drive but when logged onto another... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello all,I have a Windows 2019 Standard server running Hyper-V and I have 4 Windows 10 VM running on it.All was fine until a user on a physical Win 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mac Johnson, Aug 17, 2022.

1. Win 10 VM can't create a folder or file on mapped server drive but when logged onto another...

Hello all,I have a Windows 2019 Standard server running Hyper-V and I have 4 Windows 10 VM running on it.All was fine until a user on a physical Win 10 pc clicked on a link and the result was a virus that spread some other physical pcs and the Win 10 VMs.After cleaning the pcs physical and virtual all seemed fine except the VM will not let the logged in user created and files / folders on another Windows 2019 file server. If I login on another pc with the same credentials I can do all functions on the file share so it is something going on the VM that is stopping me from creating deleting file

:)

Mac Johnson, Aug 17, 2022
  2. fatpat Win User

Mapped Drives Issues

To clarify .... the issue is the Windows 10 OS. It is with Windows File Explorer. The Mapped drives used to appear in File Explorer's left panel list of drives and folders. Two days ago File explorer stopped show the mapped drives. so not they don;t appear in the list of Drives and folders.

- - - Updated - - -

I did, it has no effect. I also check the NAS devices they support SMB 2.0. Also I have several other computers on my home network they work fine with the mapped drives and They do not have SMB 1 turned on. So it is something that happened to the computer in question.

fatpat, Aug 17, 2022
  3. GPO Mapped network Drives mapping in Win 10 but not Win 7

I have a medium sized network running. We are currently migrating and updating our shared folder systems. The old system is running Win 2k8 R2 and still has the old mapped drives running what we haven't migrated. The new shared folders are on a new server Win 2012 R2 with a different folder structure and everything. Half the computers in the building run Win 7 Pro and the other half Win 10 Pro. Here is my issue. On every single Win 10 computer every drive maps and can be accessed normally, however the new shared drive DOES NOT map to any Win 7 machine. I created a Hyper V win 7 machine and on my Win 10 machine I have all my folders however when I log into that Win 7 machine only the home drives(located on the new share server) and the old shared drives seem to map. I have switched the Drive Maps to Update Create Replace, I have checked all permissions even though it seems not permission related as I can get to it on any win 10 machine. Any advice?*Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad

Trix Rahbit, Aug 17, 2022
  4. Win 10 VM can't create a folder or file on mapped server drive but when logged onto another...

How can I get this mapped drive to reauthenticat at login

I'm trying to get this mapped drive on an xp machine to reauthenticate when the computer reboots or is logged back in. The account the user uses is on a domain that is currently unavailable (server failure). The physical drive being mapped is on the other server which has the other domain here.

Now i can login as another user i create on the domain, check reconnect at login no problem. But the next day files won't open unless she clicks the drive and enters the user password there. its not a big intervention, but id like it to be seemless.

Suggestions?

Hybrid_theory, Aug 17, 2022
Thema:

Win 10 VM can't create a folder or file on mapped server drive but when logged onto another...

1. Win 10 VM can't create a folder or file on mapped server drive but when logged onto another... - Similar Threads - can't create folder

2. Recycle Bin Confirmation - When Files/Folders Delete from Server Mapped Network Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recycle Bin Confirmation - When Files/Folders Delete from Server Mapped Network Drive: Hello and Greetings to Everyone, i hope you are doing well when you read this, when we delete from network mapped drive - files will be deleted permanent basis.is there any option to enabling files/folders deletion confirmation goes to recyclebin when the same is being...
  3. Recycle Bin Confirmation - When Files/Folders Delete from Server Mapped Network Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recycle Bin Confirmation - When Files/Folders Delete from Server Mapped Network Drive: Hello and Greetings to Everyone, i hope you are doing well when you read this, when we delete from network mapped drive - files will be deleted permanent basis.is there any option to enabling files/folders deletion confirmation goes to recyclebin when the same is being...
  4. Recycle Bin Confirmation - When Files/Folders Delete from Server Mapped Network Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Win 10 VM can't create a folder or file on mapped server drive but when logged onto another...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 VM can't create a folder or file on mapped server drive but when logged onto another...: Hello all,I have a Windows 2019 Standard server running Hyper-V and I have 4 Windows 10 VM running on it.All was fine until a user on a physical Win 10 pc clicked on a link and the result was a virus that spread some other physical pcs and the Win 10 VMs.After cleaning the...
  6. Win 10 VM can't create a folder or file on mapped server drive but when logged onto another...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 VM can't create a folder or file on mapped server drive but when logged onto another...: Hello all,I have a Windows 2019 Standard server running Hyper-V and I have 4 Windows 10 VM running on it.All was fine until a user on a physical Win 10 pc clicked on a link and the result was a virus that spread some other physical pcs and the Win 10 VMs.After cleaning the...
  7. Server 2003 + Win 10 Pro Mapped Drive Issue

Server 2003 + Win 10 Pro Mapped Drive Issue: Hello all, I have 8 windows 10 PCs, all identical, a Windows 7 Pro machine with 1 shared folder and a Windows Server 2003 which shares 3 folders. All PC's have access to server shares with their own username/password. Windows 7 PC doesn't require a login.Only 2 machines have...
  8. Windows 10 creating folders on another drive.

Windows 10 creating folders on another drive.: Hey all so i have just been looking at my drives and noticed three folders that seem to of been created by windows on another of my drives, i did not say it could do this and now i can not delete them no i have not tried to restart yet as i am currently using the computer....
  9. creating a VM on another drive -

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    creating a VM on another drive -: I want to create a Hyper-v vm and store it on a secondary 'D' drive I then want to install a fresh copy of windows on my PC and still have access to that vm on the 'D' Drive. I am creating the VM now. I have set my config to save new VM's to D:\Hyper-V\Configuration Files...
  10. Map a server to a drive letter

Map a server to a drive letter: Hi Guys, One of my clients ( I do a bit of freelancing) wants to map this server---------> The Eye | File Listing to a drive letter. he claims he uses it frequently and finds it much more easier as a drive letter.. I after a lot of researching did not find any solution.......