Windows 10: Win 10 / Voice Recognition

Discus and support Win 10 / Voice Recognition in Cortana to solve the problem; Greetings, I'm trying to set up voice recognition on Win10. I've been suing my headset+mic for quite a while now for apps such as Discord or... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Zirial, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Zirial Win User

Win 10 / Voice Recognition

Greetings,

I'm trying to set up voice recognition on Win10. I've been suing my headset+mic for quite a while now for apps such as Discord or Teamspeak so I am sure that the headset works just fine.

After I followed the set up for the voice recognition and started it it is in standby and the bar which indicates wether or not the app "hears" me changes when I speak, in that is goes up and down depending on wether I speak or not.

As such I am pretty confident, that the app "hears" me, but it does not react. It tells me I am supposed to say a specific catchphrase so it knows it's supposed to listen, but after I do so nothing happens. Wheb I activate it by clicking the button to work around that problem, it again does not listen.

I don't know where I over looked something, but I must have. So any and all help is appreciated.

Thank you

:)

Zirial, Jun 21, 2020

2. voice recognition

Hi,

Thank you for posting you query in Microsoft Community Forums. You interest on Windows 10 is appreciated.

I understand your inconvenience. We are glad to help you.

Please share this with us:

• When you tell voice recognition what are you referring to?

• Are you referring to voice recorder or Windows speech recognition?

I would suggest you to run the run the inbuilt app troubleshooter.

Follow the steps:

• Press “Windows” + “X” and select Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting and select View all on left hand side of the screen.

• Select the Windows Store App and follow the instruction to troubleshoot.

Hope it helps. Keep us posted to assist you further. We will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Jenith_James, Jun 21, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Voice recognition doesn't work (Windows 10)

Try the Voice Recorder app- can you record your voice and play it back?

What happens if you say 'Open Wordpad' using Speech Recognition? Screenshot..

Which exact model of HP 15?

Training: post a screenshot of what you see:

Win 10 / Voice Recognition [​IMG]

- note the step-wise progress of the green bar on mine.

Try Win key + H, and open e.g. Mail
    Enable dictation, and see if you can dictate to Mail.

dalchina, Jun 21, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Voice recognition doesn't work (Windows 10)

Hi, first Win key + H- I've never used this, but whilst the box is stable and responds to clicks there's no evidence it actually responding to me speak.

Speech Recognition should be available to you. E.g. Win key + S (search bar), Speech recognition

And you can configure your microphone settings for better response as necessary.

Tutorials:

from searchable list
    Windows 10 Tutorial Index

dalchina, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Win 10 / Voice Recognition - Similar Threads - Voice Recognition

2. Speech Recognition Voice Typing for Kannada Language in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speech Recognition Voice Typing for Kannada Language in Windows 11: Hey, hope you're doing great, I was checking for the speech recognition features in Windows 11 and learned that speech recognition for the Kannada language voice typing is not yet available in Windows 11. Windows 11 currently supports voice typing for Indian languages such as...
  3. Speech Recognition Voice Typing for Kannada Language in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speech Recognition Voice Typing for Kannada Language in Windows 11: Hey, hope you're doing great, I was checking for the speech recognition features in Windows 11 and learned that speech recognition for the Kannada language voice typing is not yet available in Windows 11. Windows 11 currently supports voice typing for Indian languages such as...
  4. Voice access and speech recognition should have shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Voice access and speech recognition should have shortcuts: I don't have to search every time for them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/voice-access-and-speech-recognition-should-have/32828852-6922-4d72-983b-efdf50cfc671
  5. Voice access and speech recognition should have shortcuts

Voice access and speech recognition should have shortcuts: I don't have to search every time for them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/voice-access-and-speech-recognition-should-have/32828852-6922-4d72-983b-efdf50cfc671
  6. voice recognition dictation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    voice recognition dictation: best tablet or chrome book/laptop to record audio dictation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/voice-recognition-dictation/88f9a4d4-2521-40e6-b32d-5a0c94118c1f
  7. voice recognition dictation

voice recognition dictation: best tablet or chrome book/laptop to record audio dictation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/voice-recognition-dictation/88f9a4d4-2521-40e6-b32d-5a0c94118c1f
  8. I need some help with the build and voice recognition on Windows 11, or dragon naturally...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need some help with the build and voice recognition on Windows 11, or dragon naturally...: Play farm simulator.22 And I would love to move to speak intact. Chat and use my voice like I do in email. And word documents and on the web. But Farm sim itself did not support that because of some type of coding. Is there a way that you guys could build? One of your speech...
  9. I need some help with the build and voice recognition on Windows 11, or dragon naturally...

I need some help with the build and voice recognition on Windows 11, or dragon naturally...: Play farm simulator.22 And I would love to move to speak intact. Chat and use my voice like I do in email. And word documents and on the web. But Farm sim itself did not support that because of some type of coding. Is there a way that you guys could build? One of your speech...
  10. Voice Recognition Stops Recognizing "Correct" Command when Dictating in Word

Voice Recognition Stops Recognizing "Correct" Command when Dictating in Word: I am repeatedly having an issue across multiple PCs and microphones when trying to dictate text into Microsfot Word with Windows Voice Recognition.WVR will sometimes stop recognizing the "Correct" command, and instead recognizes it as text to be dictated. When this happens,...