Windows 10: Win 10 Volume lowering/adjusting itself

Discus and support Win 10 Volume lowering/adjusting itself in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am desperate. I have 2 Monitors, both of them keep adjusting their Audio. I can set it to max and after playing something (Video or Game, tryed both)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Zero2846, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Win 10 Volume lowering/adjusting itself

I am desperate. I have 2 Monitors, both of them keep adjusting their Audio. I can set it to max and after playing something (Video or Game, tryed both) it keeps adjusting to a percentage the systems feels like it is necesarry to be appropriate. Problem is, it is way too silent!

I have tryed EVERYTHING i found on google, numerous adjustments have been made such as the undertaking changes in the sound settings (enhancement on, off, changing bit version, etc.), also deinstalled drivers, rebootet 100 times, unplugged and plugged it back in, also in different hdmi slots.

It just doesnt work. So here i am, begging for help. Does anyone have a clue what could cause this?

The Thing is, with headphones this issue doesn't occur..

And btw before someone suggests it, i have also tryed the solution with discord etc. Still doesnt work ..

Please help

submitted by /u/Zero2846
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Zero2846, Sep 1, 2020

2. Volume step adjusting?

How can I change the step of the volume adjustment in windows? Now it adjusts by 2 every time I press volume up or down buttons on my keyboard (without any driver) or rotate the mouse wheel 1 step after clicking on the volume icon - I would like to change
    that value to 1, 5 or even 10, how can I do that? is there a key in the registry to do it?

David123David, Sep 1, 2020
  3. HEM
    HeM Win User
    Audio consistantly getting lowered permanently when I adjust volume

Did you check your audio driver (manager or control panel) for any "effect" or "protection" applied?

Did you check also this :

Win 10 Volume lowering/adjusting itself [​IMG]

...and Spatial Sound (Off) too?

What about : right click on taskbar speaker / Open Volume Mixer :

Win 10 Volume lowering/adjusting itself [​IMG]

4. dinkymau Win User

Win 10 Volume lowering/adjusting itself

Whats the Keyboard Shortcut to Adjust Volume?

Old thread appeared in searching for solutions how to set keyboard shortcuts to adjust Windows 10 volume. Dalchina's helpful pointers lead to finding yet another suitable up-to-date free app by grandmaster Nir Sofer : View / change sound volume on Windows 10/7/8/2008 from command-line or GUI

Step 1: Fire up SoundVolumeView and find your sound device by selecting (un)mute with right mouse
    Step 2: Go to File menu> Create Desktop Shortcut> select Increase and select Decrease Volume 5%
    Step 3: Right click each shortcut> Properties> Shortcut to set preferred hotkey. E.g. + and - on numpad
    Step 4: Right click each shortcut again> Properties> General and tick Hidden - Apply - Ok

Voila! Hopefully helpful to someone sometime (Y)

dinkymau, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

Win 10 Volume lowering/adjusting itself

1. Win 10 Volume lowering/adjusting itself - Similar Threads - Volume lowering adjusting

2. Volume of Line In randomly adjusts itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume of Line In randomly adjusts itself: I use the Line In port on my motherboard to pass in Gaming Console audio so I can use voice chat while playing games. Recently it has significantly reduce volume have to put output to 100 to kind of hear it and will randomly revert back to the expected loudness while playing....
  3. Volume of Line In randomly adjusts itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume of Line In randomly adjusts itself: I use the Line In port on my motherboard to pass in Gaming Console audio so I can use voice chat while playing games. Recently it has significantly reduce volume have to put output to 100 to kind of hear it and will randomly revert back to the expected loudness while playing....
  4. Volume lowers by itself until it mutes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume lowers by itself until it mutes: I'm currently on a windows 10, and my volume keeps dropping. It's acting like I'm holding the lower volume button when I'm not. The vertical volume display thing that usually appears when I adjust the volume using the volume buttons is stuck on the screen, saying I'm muted....
  5. Microphone volume adjusts by itself

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone volume adjusts by itself: I've got W10 recently updated. When speaking using either of two USB mics one on a gamer headset, the other MS camera the volume adjusts itself. At first it looked like it just increased and almost maxed out but then I saw that it would go down by itself when I spoke louder....
  6. Microphone volume keeps re-adjusting itself.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone volume keeps re-adjusting itself.: Hello! I need help, i have searched far and wide across the sea known as the internet but i still haven't found a solution to my problem. I have disabled "allow applications to take exclusive control of my mic", updated my drivers, have reset to the old version of windows 10...
  7. Volume lowers by itself.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume lowers by itself.: I am using Windows 10 version 1909 Every time I open a program that is using my microphone, be it OBS, a game, or just an app to record audio through it, the volume of everything else get lowered significantly. I tried checking the "Do nothing" option in the...
  8. System Volume Adjusting Itself Erratically?

System Volume Adjusting Itself Erratically?: I think this short video 30 seconds sums up my issue pretty well: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RSFQj56kU6c_P83dSAoEV049ZV9V00wS/view?usp=sharing Note: I am not touching any volume controls while this is happening. It's doing this all on its own. It is constant. It...
  9. Windows 10 Volume Lowers Itself

Windows 10 Volume Lowers Itself: This has happened three times in the last few hours. I've been listening to music on itunes, when the volume will gradually mute itself. It's as though I'm holding down the lower volume button on my keyboard but I'm not. I have a usb keyboard, so I move it out of the way to...
  10. Volume adjustment

Volume adjustment: Volume adjustment low during video playback https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/volume-adjustment/01b4e1d8-bf79-40f2-8fc5-863b8063706c