Windows 10: Win 10 volume slider jumping issue

Discus and support Win 10 volume slider jumping issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I was using Spotify and an image editing software at the same time when it happened. First, the audio becomes stuttering. Then, the audio goes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by koosha-, Jun 16, 2020.

1. koosha- Win User

Win 10 volume slider jumping issue

Hi,

I was using Spotify and an image editing software at the same time when it happened. First, the audio becomes stuttering. Then, the audio goes off no audio, so I try to adjust the volume slider sound level to test it. However, I became aware that the slider keeps jumping back and forth between 63 and 70 or 69 and 70; although I selected 70. It's really wierd and there's no audio except randomly it works when I click the slider to test the audio. But no longer than say around 2 seconds?

I don't know if it's an issue but I'm using Microsoft audio driver instead of the previous Realtek driver that gave me some problems FAter uninstalling the driver, I'm suddenly stuck with the Microsoft one. I can't really find the right/correct driver for Realtek so I gave up. ^^"

Any advice would be good. TIA! :

:)

koosha-, Jun 16, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    speaker ( or sound ) slider switch disappeared

Hi Hank,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

• Are you able to use Volume slider on the taskbar?

• Do you get any error message?

• Are you able to see sound icon on the taskbar?
    I suggest you to hoover your mouse on the right side of the taskbar and click on the sound icon and try to use volume slider and check if it that works.

Follow the steps below and check.

• Discover the empty slot on the
      Taskbar
      and Right click.

• Click on Properties.

• Under Taskbar tab and Notification area
      click on Custom.

• Tap on Select which icons appears on the taskbar.

• Turn on Volume option.
    Hope this helps. If any other issues get back to us. We are glad to help you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Jun 16, 2020
  4. SivaTata Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade - Sticking Volume Slider pn Top left with full volume; Task bar windows not showing up; Jump list not showing

After the Windows 10 upgrade these are the following issues:

• the slider is stuck at 100% and is on the display foreground all the time.
    • Task bar windows not showing up; Jump list not showing
    Windows 10, Home Single Language

Dell Inspiron 13, 7000 Series 2-in-1;

Windows and Dell update - up to date

• I uninstalled driver using device manage; downloaded from Dell and reinstalled the right after identifying with the Product Code, etc.
    • The buttons on the laptop or the jack for headset are the problems I checked them as the laptop came with Windows 8.2 eligible for free upgrade
    • I checked BIOS but could not see any issues.
    I highly appreciate any help on this. I have no option except to disable the driver so that the slider control does not show up. Thanks

SivaTata, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Win 10 volume slider jumping issue - Similar Threads - volume slider jumping

2. volume slider

in Windows 10 Gaming
    volume slider: the volume slider which pop's up when you click the sound keys on the keyboard they don't show up nowi had turned of the thing in a app but now the app wont open this slider wont come now help!...
  3. volume slider

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    volume slider: the volume slider which pop's up when you click the sound keys on the keyboard they don't show up nowi had turned of the thing in a app but now the app wont open this slider wont come now help!...
  4. volume slider

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Volume slider in taskbar

Volume slider in taskbar: I'm looking for a way to add a volume slider in the taskbar, not the system tray does anyone know how to do this? All my searches talk about missing Icon in the system tray, I wish to have it always open in the taskbar....
  6. Volume slider lag

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Volume slider lag: I have a keyboard (G910) that has a volume slider on it, but all of the sudden my volume slider lags if I lower and raise it kind of fast. It never used to do this though. I know it's not something I'll ever really do but I'm afraid that this lag might cause lag in other...
  7. Volume slider acceleration

Volume slider acceleration: Since a few days ago i started noticing that whenever i was listening to any audio, if i tried to increase or decrease my volume using the media keys on my keyboard with a long press, the slider would go past the point i wanted even after i let go, as if it had acceleration...
  8. volume slider

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    volume slider: I can see the speaker on the left of the taskbar next to the Time, Date & Year, but when I click it or right click it nothing happens. This happened after the last win10 update a few days ago. Any help will be appreciated. Thnks...
  9. Volume Slider Broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume Slider Broken: Hello, I own an HP Envy laptop with Windows 10 on it, and recently out of the blue my volume slider broke. The issue is that the volume keeps going down automatically, even when I use the volume slider to push it back up. So first I tried turning off the action keys from...
  10. Headset Micorphone Volume Slider issue.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset Micorphone Volume Slider issue.: I was trying to skype a fellow mate when he said he couldent hear me. So i went to my recording devices and saw that my microphone volume was at 0. I tried to turn it up but it just went back to 0. Now its Glitching out between 0 and 5... No idea how to fix this. I plugged...