Windows 10: Win 10. W wrong MS product code

Discus and support Win 10. W wrong MS product code in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Login get "go to settings to activate Windows. Do so and cant get in as the 10 on hard drive doesnt match the MS product code on bottom of laptop. Am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Tulsadoug749, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Win 10. W wrong MS product code

Login get "go to settings to activate Windows. Do so and cant get in as the 10 on hard drive doesnt match the MS product code on bottom of laptop. Am an old guy, who had kid borrow my laptop. Was I dumb? Help!

:)

Tulsadoug749, Feb 27, 2020

2. ms win 10 edge is lock w/ this virus w/ error code 0x80040204 can't remove

*O.T.> win 10 edge

ms win 10 edge is lock w/ this virus w/ error code 0x80040204 can't remove it talked to tech suppt. @ 1855-559-2647 it's a scam

can't use edge how do you remove it?????

Charles TerranceGay, Feb 27, 2020
  3. linhlz Win User
    Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

Possibly there can be the problem with Microsoft activation Server, so your Windows 10 is not activated. In this scenario, you need to wait and verify if it is the issue from Microsoft’s side. But if you are getting error code 0x803f7001, you can also try these steps:

1. Open Settings app. Then go to Update and security > Activation screen > Change product.
    2. Type your Windows edition product key and click Next.
    3. You’ll get We couldn’t activate Windows error message.
    4. Retry steps 1-3 then type your 25-characters unique product key.
    5. Wait for the process to complete, Windows 10 is activated.
    Hope something helps this problem

linhlz, Feb 27, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Win 10. W wrong MS product code

Why was I not asked for a product key when upgrading to Win 10?

According to your spec you have Win 10 Pro, but perhaps that doesn't reflect your PC.

You haven't stated which edition of Win 10 you have on this machine, nor what your Win 10 key is for.

For example, if you already have Win 10 Pro and your key is Win 10 Home, that would be a retrograde step.

For interest only:
    Change Product Key in Windows 10

More on product key if you search this list or look at 'Related Tutorials' in the above.
    Windows 10 Tutorial Index

dalchina, Feb 27, 2020
Thema:

Win 10. W wrong MS product code

1. Win 10. W wrong MS product code - Similar Threads - wrong product code

2. MS W-9 Needed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS W-9 Needed: Our company has been trying to locate a copy of the Microsoft W-9 so that we can proceed with order processing. This is urgent - please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-w-9-needed/2b6a838b-d2a1-4b99-923f-1aa373b169de
  3. MS W-9 Needed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS W-9 Needed: Our company has been trying to locate a copy of the Microsoft W-9 so that we can proceed with order processing. This is urgent - please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-w-9-needed/2b6a838b-d2a1-4b99-923f-1aa373b169de
  4. Earbuds w/ mic for Win 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Earbuds w/ mic for Win 10?: I’m on Zoom now for class and have had major issues getting my current earbuds to work with Windows 10 and need help. I have apple earbuds w/ mic. with a 3.5 mm that plugs into my laptop (Dell). However, my computer will only recognize the headphone part and not the mic.....
  5. transfering win 10 product code to new computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    transfering win 10 product code to new computer.: Problem. I want to transfer my win 10 product code to a new computer. Microsoft state I have to first deactivate it on my old computer, problem is----------- My internet computer has given up on me which has Win 10, 64 bit installed and is activated. I have not been able to...
  6. wrong Win 10 version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    wrong Win 10 version: Was running Win 10 Home, bought Win 10 Pro at MS Store. Download & install resulted in Win 10 Enterprise on my PC. Cannot activate and don't want the enterprise version. How can I get pro installed?...
  7. Win 10 Product Code email

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Product Code email: Can't find the email the code was sent to me in, does anyone have the subject line or the origin address? I tried calling MSFT but after 6 attempts to navigate their IVR i've just given up....
  8. Bought a new laptop, but they used the wrong product code

Bought a new laptop, but they used the wrong product code: I bought a new ASUS TUF FX505DD laptop. It was supposed to have Windows 10 Pro pre-installed. Went to activate Windows, and it's telling me that I can't activate because no product key. I ran the troubleshoot, and it tells me that the product key used on my laptop was...
  9. Product code for Win 10 Clean reinstall after upgrade

Product code for Win 10 Clean reinstall after upgrade: I have downloaded the Windows 10 Pro ISO file from MS and burnt it to a DVD. It offers to install it as an upgrade over my Win 8.1 Pro installation on my PC. Once I have done this, can I then format the hard drive, and do a clean installation of Win 10 on the same...
  10. Errors using MS Keyboard Layout Creator w/ Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Errors using MS Keyboard Layout Creator w/ Win 10: Hi, I (no profi) used MKLC v1.4 to create a Keyboard w/ Latin characters such as 'macron'. Unicode definitions. The definition cycle had been done; only warnings caused to double usage of characters w/i different maps (shift/ ctrl/ ...). I stored the source file...