Windows 10: Win 10 wake up problem

Discus and support Win 10 wake up problem in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I upgraded to Win 10 from 7 about 4 week ago. Since than my desk top won't come out of sleep mode. I have to use the power button to turn off and back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by smoke29, Apr 27, 2020.

1. smoke29 Win User

Win 10 wake up problem

I upgraded to Win 10 from 7 about 4 week ago. Since than my desk top won't come out of sleep mode. I have to use the power button to turn off and back on. This problem is talked about on this thread and numerous others, so there are a lot of people having this problem.

However, I have tried every fix posted on a few different websites including this one. Nothing works. I even went into the BIOS and turned on power to the mouse and keyboard. Nothing works.What am I missing??? I've updated all drivers-none were needed- changed power settings, even set sleep to never, did every possible fix listed on the internet. nothing works.

Does Microsoft have a fix for this or not? Do I need to go back to Win 7?

:)

smoke29, Apr 27, 2020

2. computer wake-up after sleep

Did all the steps exactly as shown above and "Allow this device to wake the computer" was already selected.

I think you might have miss-understood the problem. It appears that the computer is waking up, but it doesn't re-connect to my display. I have to turn off the display and turn it back on to get my display to to re-connect. This was not a problem prior to
    the last Win 10 upgrade.

Bill McCormick_5407, Apr 27, 2020
  3. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 27, 2020
  4. Win 10 wake up problem

Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

Win 10 wake up problem

1. Win 10 wake up problem - Similar Threads - wake problem

2. Problem waking PC from sleep on Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem waking PC from sleep on Win 11: A few months ago I bought this pre-built PC:https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gamer-supreme-gaming-desktop-amd-ryzen-7-7700-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3070-1tb-ssd-white/6533252.p?skuId=6533252For some reason I can't get it to wake from sleep mode. The fans/lights...
  3. Problem waking PC from sleep on Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem waking PC from sleep on Win 11: A few months ago I bought this pre-built PC:https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gamer-supreme-gaming-desktop-amd-ryzen-7-7700-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3070-1tb-ssd-white/6533252.p?skuId=6533252For some reason I can't get it to wake from sleep mode. The fans/lights...
  4. Wi-Fi connectivity problem after PC wakes from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi connectivity problem after PC wakes from sleep: Thanks in advance for any help solving a problem which is now about one month old.After my PC wakes from sleep, my Wi-Fi connection typically but not always takes 10-15 minutes to work or, if I need to get started for the day, I simply reboot. All other devices using the same...
  5. Wi-Fi connectivity problem after PC wakes from sleep

Wi-Fi connectivity problem after PC wakes from sleep: Thanks in advance for any help solving a problem which is now about one month old.After my PC wakes from sleep, my Wi-Fi connection typically but not always takes 10-15 minutes to work or, if I need to get started for the day, I simply reboot. All other devices using the same...
  6. Solution for the Bitlocker showing up after waking-up from sleep problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Solution for the Bitlocker showing up after waking-up from sleep problem: Hi, I noticed a lot of problems about Bitlocker showing up after waking-up from sleep mode without solutions only talking about power mode, drivers etc...I just want to tell you the problem might come from "Device Security", "Isolation Core - Activated". Once I activated it,...
  7. Wake problem and default account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wake problem and default account: Windows 10 won't wake with mouse or keyboard most of the time. Have to reboot.Occasionally the screen will come up but mouse doesn't work. Have to reboot.Checked that both mouse and keyboard are allowed to wake computer under Settings. Also checked that USB is allowed to wake...
  8. Wake problem and default account

Wake problem and default account: Windows 10 won't wake with mouse or keyboard most of the time. Have to reboot.Occasionally the screen will come up but mouse doesn't work. Have to reboot.Checked that both mouse and keyboard are allowed to wake computer under Settings. Also checked that USB is allowed to wake...
  9. Wake problem and default account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  10. Automatic sleep and wake problem in windows 11

Automatic sleep and wake problem in windows 11: Hello ! The problem is that my laptop is getting in sleep mode and wake many times for f.ex. 1 hour this makes damage to the health of the ssd and also the health of the battery . It does not support S3 sleep mode . The settings are made not to do the sleep mode , and it does...