Windows 10: Win 10 - Want my task bar to auto-hide but open ON TOP of other open windows

Discus and support Win 10 - Want my task bar to auto-hide but open ON TOP of other open windows in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; There used to be a selection in the task bar right click menu for "always on top" and that is now gone. I want my task bar to remain at the bottom and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by IMTreble, Jul 23, 2020.

1. IMTreble Win User

Win 10 - Want my task bar to auto-hide but open ON TOP of other open windows

There used to be a selection in the task bar right click menu for "always on top" and that is now gone. I want my task bar to remain at the bottom and to auto-hide. When I drag down to it I want it to open over any open window.

I don't want it always open

I don't want it at the top of my screen

Was working fine until today now it is not opening over other open windows.

:)

IMTreble, Jul 23, 2020
  2. IMTreble Win User

There used to be a selection in the task bar right click menu for "always on top" and that is now gone. I want my task bar to remain at the bottom and to auto-hide. When I drag down to it I want it to open over any open window.

I don't want it always open

I don't want it at the top of my screen

Was working fine until today now it is not opening over other open windows.

IMTreble, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Task bar auto hide

Task bar is set to auto hide but has a tendency to stay open. I have it set to be on the bottom of the screen and have to reposition it to be to the side or top so that I can see when I have had downloaded something and it is complete.

richard sturgeon, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Win 10 - Want my task bar to auto-hide but open ON TOP of other open windows

My task bar won't hide.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

One of the most likely causes of auto-hide not working is the Action Center which provides alerts if your system hasn't updated in a while. The Action Center is the system tray icon of a white flag. To determine if it is what is
    preventing auto-hide from working, click on it in the System Tray, then close the window that appears. If Auto-Hide starts working that was the cause. It can be disabled:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Open "Notification Area
      Icons" (use the search box at the top right if you don't see this listed)
    • Towards the bottom of this window click the text link: "Turn System Icons On or Off"
    • Change "Action Center" to
      OFF.
    You can refer to the followings steps to enable the auto-hide taskbar.

• Right click on task bar and select properties.
    • Select "Auto hide the Taskbar"
    • Save the changes by clicking on Ok.
    Note: See that “Lock the Taskbar” is not enabled. If it is, you may disable it by right-clicking on taskbar and un-checking it.

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Win 10 - Want my task bar to auto-hide but open ON TOP of other open windows - Similar Threads - task bar auto

2. Auto hide task bar turns off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto hide task bar turns off: Hello, ever since my computer decided it would be a good time to upgrade to windows 11 I've had issues with auto hide task bar. Any time i walk away and my system goes to sleep quite often because i move around and work when i log into my system and it opens i have an alert...
  3. Auto hide task bar turns off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto hide task bar turns off: Hello, ever since my computer decided it would be a good time to upgrade to windows 11 I've had issues with auto hide task bar. Any time i walk away and my system goes to sleep quite often because i move around and work when i log into my system and it opens i have an alert...
  4. Task Bar Auto Hide not lowering Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Bar Auto Hide not lowering Windows 11: The task bar is not auto-hiding even though I have the box checked in settings.Anyone have a fix, or how to let Microsoft know of the issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-auto-hide-not-lowering-windows-11/ac1c5933-5bdb-4409-958e-1161c2ee2efb
  5. Task bar auto-hiding issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task bar auto-hiding issues: My computer is a Lenovo laptop, running Windows 10. I'm an educator, and my computer setup is controlled, by some extent, by my district IT group. My typical windows setup is to have my task bar set to auto hide/unhide when I'm working. I often have a second monitor plugged...
  6. problem with apps open in window 10 when task bar is at top

problem with apps open in window 10 when task bar is at top: Most users will leave their Task bar at bottom in Window 10. But some user like to put it at top. But most apps does not aware of that and keep putting the top at 0 and are covered by this task bar. What kind of workarounds there will be to move the apps below this top task...
  7. Task bar auto-hide

Task bar auto-hide: Task bar automatic hide just quit working...can get it to hide momentarily by clicking on/off win start button checked "task bar" settings -- good...re-booted -- no diff...
  8. Windows 10 1903 Task Bar not auto-hiding

Windows 10 1903 Task Bar not auto-hiding: I've seen many older posts about this, but not any particularly CLEAR fixes or explanations. Why hasn't Microsoft addressed this? I need the task bar to hide as set so I can see the tabs in Excel and that bottom area of so many other applications when maximized. I am using...
  9. windows 10 - task bar auto-hide rarely functions -

windows 10 - task bar auto-hide rarely functions -: in researching a fix, it appears that MS has been aware of the problem for several years, with no solution. Any fix is temporary at best - is there a permanent solution? I usually have 2 rows of open windows, and that cuts off a lot of my workspace if it won't go back o...
  10. Task Bar in Win 10/64 Pro does not auto hide.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Bar in Win 10/64 Pro does not auto hide.: Hi, In Win 10/64 Pro on my PC, I have the Task Bar set to auto hide in Desktop mode. It refuses to hide and keeps popping back up, or remains visible after I click on an app on it. Just in case, I set it to auto hide in Tablet mode also (though it shouldn't apply). Either...