Windows 10: Win 10 Weather App/Tile

Discus and support Win 10 Weather App/Tile in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have set the weather app to my location and to display in Celsius. It has worked for years but something is now broken. If I click on the start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BigG3145, Jan 29, 2019.

1. BigG3145 Win User

Win 10 Weather App/Tile

I have set the weather app to my location and to display in Celsius. It has worked for years but something is now broken.

• If I click on the start menu I see the temperature, wind speed etc, shown in the old fashioned imperial (F, MPH, etc). I totally cannot relate to that stuff.
    • When I click on the weather tile it expands and shows everything as it should (Celsius, KPH, etc).
    • The setting for the app are set for metric.
    • My Win10 region settings are set correctly.

Note that in all displays the location shows correctly. Is this a new bug? BTW this is happening on all 4 PC's in our house, also on my friend's PC.

:)

BigG3145, Jan 29, 2019

2. MSN Weather App live tile keeps stopping

Hi,

Since you already completed the troubleshooting provided and it did not resolve the concern with the live tile of the MSN Weather app not updating, we suggest that you reset the MSN Weather app by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings
      app and then select System from the list of options shown.
    • Under the System options menu, select the option on the left-hand panel labeled
      Apps & features.
    • Under Apps & features, scroll down through the list of apps installed on your computer and locate the
      Weather app.
    • Select the Weather app and then click on the link "Advanced options".
    • Once you have the "Advanced options" menu open, click on the button labeled "Reset".
    • Once you click on the "Reset" button another prompt will show up notifying you if you would like to complete the reset. Just click on the "Reset" button to complete the process.

Once you complete the steps provided, we suggest that you restart the computer first before you proceed to set up the MSN Weather app again and also verify if the live tile will update properly or not. If the steps still do not resolve your concern we suggest
    that you follow the steps on this
    link
    to provide feedback from within the app and provide as much detail as you can to resolve the concern. Refer to the section in the article labeled "Send ideas for improving the app" for the steps to submit your feedback.

Feel free to reach out to us for further concerns.

Jordan Dom, Jan 29, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Pro Weather live tile

Here,

Live tiles can be switched on or off, follow the steps below:

• On the Start menu, right click the Weather App tile.
    • Point your mouse to More.
    • From the options given, click Turn live tile on / off.

Note: After switching it on, wait for a few seconds and check if the Weather App live tile is now working.

Tell us if this works for you.

Katrina Men, Jan 29, 2019
  4. Win 10 Weather App/Tile

Windows 10 Pro Weather live tile

Hi,

To better assist you, kindly provide us the following information:

• Is it just the Weather Live Tile that doesn't work?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Can you open the Weather App?

Looking forward for your reply.

Katrina Men, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 Weather App/Tile

1. Win 10 Weather App/Tile - Similar Threads - Weather App Tile

2. How to reset weather app live tile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset weather app live tile: On my PC, the weather app is a live tile in the start menu, the weather in the app is set to celsius, but in the live tile it shows me the temperature in fahrenheit...
  3. How to reset weather app live tile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reset weather app live tile: On my PC, the weather app is a live tile in the start menu, the weather in the app is set to celsius, but in the live tile it shows me the temperature in fahrenheit...
  4. Weather live tiles

Weather live tiles: So basically i have my weather app pinned to start and it's showing the wrong name of the location, but when i click on it it show it correctly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weather-live-tiles/b5950d27-7e02-4baf-94ae-8d223a3e75e9
  5. weather tile missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    weather tile missing: my weather app works and is on start up menu on the left and in the system tray. I brushed my fingers across the tiles somehow the other day and it caused the weather tile to disappear. How did i get the TILE back in the tiles display? I'd rather not do much to fix this if...
  6. MSN Weather app live tile stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MSN Weather app live tile stopped working: The update killed my Weather live tile. No matter what I do, nothing shows up. The app works only when I launch it. Here's what I've tried already: 1) toggled live tile on and off 2) logged out in the app 3) changed location, toggled location detection on and off 4)...
  7. Start menu weather tile

Start menu weather tile: My start menu weather tile displayed temps and so forth when this installation of Win 10 was new (about four days ago). I didn't mess with it because I kind of liked it there. But now it is just a turquoise coloured tile...no information at all...and when I click on it it...
  8. Weather app tiles do not update

Weather app tiles do not update: I put multiple tiles of weather app on my Start menu - one for my hometown, others for my favourite places around the world - places I'd like to watch and follow. It used to work before, but some time ago it has stopped working. Only the tile for my current location works (I...
  9. Live tile Weather app not working

Live tile Weather app not working: Live tile in the Weather app not working after last update of the app. It keeps defaulting to Canberra, despite being set to Sydney. Tried resetting, uninstalling / reinstalling. Why does Microsofoft keep breaking this?...
  10. Weather App Live Tile Still not working

Weather App Live Tile Still not working: Hello Guys, I have just installed the Threshold 2 update but still my Weather live tile is not working, it worked for a few days after I upgraded from Windows 8 to 10 but ever since then it's not worked, I was hoping this big update was going to fix this. Is anyone else...