Windows 10: Win 10 webcam light remains on even after signing out of Skype

Discus and support Win 10 webcam light remains on even after signing out of Skype in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; remains on until the Camera access is turned off entirely and then then back on. It is off until I sign on to Skype and initiate a new video call... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by compdinosaur, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Win 10 webcam light remains on even after signing out of Skype

remains on until the Camera access is turned off entirely and then then back on. It is off until I sign on to Skype and initiate a new video call

:)

compdinosaur, Dec 28, 2018
  2. AlexInOZ Win User

Webcam stopped working on XPS 2720 when upgraded to Win 10

The Dell XPS 2720 is an all-in-one with an integrated webcam. Skype worked perfectly on Win 7 but since I upgraded to Win 10 I can no longer make video calls. To eliminate Skype as the source of the problem, I tried a third party product (www.testwebcam.com) as well as the Win 10 inbuilt Camera App. Both exhibited the same behaviour as Skype, i.e. the webcam light came on but no image appeared on the display screen, it remained dark.

In an effort to fix the problem I tried the following:

1. Logged onto the Dell site and updated the drivers. Five were installed but it had no effect.

2. Ran the Win 10 Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter. No webcam issues were reported.

3. Using the Control Panel Device Manager, expanded the list of Imaging Devices, clicked on Integrated Webcam listed there, uninstalled it, and rebooted the machine. That had no effect.

4. Uninstalled Skype and reinstalled the latest version in a last ditch attempt to fix the problem, which needless to say didn't work.

That's exhausted my ideas. Would very much appreciate your help.

AlexInOZ, Dec 28, 2018
  3. temp02 Win User
    Skype webcam sound won't work

Terminate Skype, then go to Control panel -> Sound and audio devices -> Audio -> un-check "Use only default devices", restart Skype and see if the webcam audio input is listed.

temp02, Dec 28, 2018
  4. Win 10 webcam light remains on even after signing out of Skype

webcam

Hi Wendy,

This is a common concern when the camera is not plugged in properly. To further isolate the root cause, provide information on the following:

• Tell us more on what's happening when you try the camera. (black screen, no lights, no power, etc)
    • Is this happening on Skype only and not on other apps?
    • Tell us any troubleshooting steps you've done for us to avoid repeating it.

For now, we suggest following Skype's support article regarding this type of concerns.

We'll wait for your response.

All the best.

Roberto Ven, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 webcam light remains on even after signing out of Skype

1. Win 10 webcam light remains on even after signing out of Skype - Similar Threads - webcam light remains

2. Skype won't sign out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Skype won't sign out: From Skype, I click the ellipsis, then click "sign out". I'm then asked "Remember account and application settings on this device" to which I respond by clicking "No". Skype then appears to sign out, taking me to the "Sign in with..." page. My microsoft account still displays...
  3. Skype won't sign out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype won't sign out: From Skype, I click the ellipsis, then click "sign out". I'm then asked "Remember account and application settings on this device" to which I respond by clicking "No". Skype then appears to sign out, taking me to the "Sign in with..." page. My microsoft account still displays...
  4. Webcam light

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Webcam light: I am using Windows 11 and I would like to simply turn the little webcam indicator light off. Is there a way to do that without disabling the camera? When I use the camera with the led indicator it make the video quality a little bit brighter when it is on and back to normal...
  5. Webcam light

Webcam light: I am using Windows 11 and I would like to simply turn the little webcam indicator light off. Is there a way to do that without disabling the camera? When I use the camera with the led indicator it make the video quality a little bit brighter when it is on and back to normal...
  6. Skype on Win 10

Skype on Win 10: Currently I have skype on windows 10 Home on a desktop and one laptop and they are basically working. I have Win 10 Pro on two PC's/desktops and have tried to get skype working without success. For example every time I try to log in to skype i get an error message: could...
  7. sound light remain on after shutdown

in Windows 10 Customization
    sound light remain on after shutdown: Sound light of my hp Elitebook 840 remain on after shutdown.Due to which battery get discharge after shutdown. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-light-remain-on-after-shutdown/dab3f8ef-6362-4c56-af30-bad571b15245
  8. Webcam Zoom in Skype

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam Zoom in Skype: I have the latest version of Skype. I am able to see my webcam image in the video configuration section, but it is zoomed in too close. Is there a way to adjust the zoom, using Skype or some software-based method? Major001...
  9. webcam not working after Skype update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    webcam not working after Skype update: Hi, can anyone help me? My laptop is a Dell Inspiron With Windows 10 32 and 64 bit and has an integrated webcam which worked perfectly well when using Skype. The webcam was listed in device manager under imaging device. Today when I opened Skype I was informed that my version...
  10. skype webcam

skype webcam: i have just downloaded the skype app from the store. i go to options in the app and under camera there is nothing to select how can i fix this i have gone to pc settings-privacy-webcam-and allowed skype to use the cam 4305