Windows 10: Win 10 wIll not play mp4

Discus and support Win 10 wIll not play mp4 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I captured videos using a Google phone. I imported them into Clipchamp. I exported the completed video. It will not open to play in WMP or VideoPad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ray Howlett, Nov 30, 2023.

1. Win 10 wIll not play mp4

I captured videos using a Google phone. I imported them into Clipchamp. I exported the completed video. It will not open to play in WMP or VideoPad Video Editor.

:)

Ray Howlett, Nov 30, 2023
  2. Helmut Win User

Playing MP4 files

MP4 is a container file, a lot depends on the codecs within that.
    MP4 can be played with Windows 10 with Films & TV, Photos, Windows Media Player, and VLC.
    If those can't then there must be something odd/unusual in the file.

Right click the File > Properties > Details Tab.
    see if that gives you more info, should be some info on the video/audio but not codecs.

Try the suggestions from post #3.

You have to be careful as viruses are propogated by people simply changing the filename extension and auto-forwarding via an infected PC and a compromised address list.
    So a targeted scan with AV is necessary for every file attachement even if apparently from someone you know.

Helmut, Nov 30, 2023
  3. A New Mp4 Player.

I'm gonna buy a new Mp4 player. Suggest me some good ones, I personally like the Sony NWZ-F and Cowon iAudio 10.

If there are any good or better please suggest!

Thanks.
    *Cool Win 10 wIll not play mp4 :cool:

Pritish.Prayag, Nov 30, 2023
  4. chipwood Win User

Win 10 wIll not play mp4

chipwood, Nov 30, 2023
Thema:

Win 10 wIll not play mp4

1. Win 10 wIll not play mp4 - Similar Threads - play mp4

2. Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows...: Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows 11. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-cant-play-mp4-files-hevc/489ead5d-7b82-4ecf-ba57-032a4ae53490
  3. Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows...: Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows 11. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-cant-play-mp4-files-hevc/489ead5d-7b82-4ecf-ba57-032a4ae53490
  4. I can't play mp4 files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't play mp4 files: I have Windows 11 Pro, not N. It seems that my Windows Player doesn't display some mp4 files. When I checked what version I have, it says Windows Media Player 11 Legacy. I'd followed some links that told me to remove it and after that I'll have the option to install the new...
  5. I can't play mp4 files

I can't play mp4 files: I have Windows 11 Pro, not N. It seems that my Windows Player doesn't display some mp4 files. When I checked what version I have, it says Windows Media Player 11 Legacy. I'd followed some links that told me to remove it and after that I'll have the option to install the new...
  6. HOW TO PLAY MP4 VIDEOS WIN 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW TO PLAY MP4 VIDEOS WIN 11: Can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-play-mp4-videos-win-11/46e95c9e-c21a-41be-a989-c3abc634fb13
  7. HOW TO PLAY MP4 VIDEOS WIN 11

HOW TO PLAY MP4 VIDEOS WIN 11: Can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-play-mp4-videos-win-11/46e95c9e-c21a-41be-a989-c3abc634fb13
  8. Win 10 wIll not play mp4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 wIll not play mp4: I captured videos using a Google phone. I imported them into Clipchamp. I exported the completed video. It will not open to play in WMP or VideoPad Video Editor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-will-not-play-mp4/6b877eac-a5a9-4736-af62-e85dc15664b2
  9. Play MP4 Videos copied from hard drive to Lenovo USB Flash Drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Play MP4 Videos copied from hard drive to Lenovo USB Flash Drives: I have Windows 7 Ultimate computer and copied MP4 videos from my hard drive to Lenovo USB flash drives that I recently purchased which are 1TB and 500GB in size. When I go to play the movies I get a pop up message saying "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. etc... This...
  10. Play MP4 Videos copied from hard drive to Lenovo USB Flash Drives

Play MP4 Videos copied from hard drive to Lenovo USB Flash Drives: I have Windows 7 Ultimate computer and copied MP4 videos from my hard drive to Lenovo USB flash drives that I recently purchased which are 1TB and 500GB in size. When I go to play the movies I get a pop up message saying "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. etc... This...