Windows 10: win 10 will not recognise my I pad or Iphone as a drive in explorer.

Discus and support win 10 will not recognise my I pad or Iphone as a drive in explorer. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Previouse Win 7 did recognise apple equipment so that I could download photos to the desktop but although I tunes syncs with my phone and pad, win 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bobkat, Sep 9, 2015.

1. bobkat Win User

win 10 will not recognise my I pad or Iphone as a drive in explorer.

Previouse Win 7 did recognise apple equipment so that I could download photos to the desktop but although I tunes syncs with my phone and pad, win 10 will not show them in explorer. How can I download pics without using the cloud?

Thanks

:)

bobkat, Sep 9, 2015

2. External hard drive does not get detected on Windows 10.

Just upgraded to win 10 anniversary and now file explorer doesn't recognise my portable hard drive connected to usb it insists that F:/ is an invalid drive . How do I fix this.

Original title: Win 10 Anniversary Upgrade

davidsavageSR, Sep 9, 2015
  3. CD/DVD NOt working after WIn 10 download

Following Win 10 download, I can no longer use my CD/DVD drive. It is not recognised in Win Explorer but appears as SAMSUNG HD502HJ ATA Device in Device manager. I have utilised all the suggested Driver update checks and am informed that all are up-to-date.

Please help

Stevetwilliams52, Sep 9, 2015
  4. bobkat Win User

I just carried out an experiment. I had downloaded win 10 to three computers. I used the downloaded programme on a mem stick, which I still have. I have just connected my I phone to the laptop which was the first computer that I loaded ten onto and it has recognised the phone. I wonder what the difference is between the laptop and the other two desktops that is making the difference?

bobkat, Sep 9, 2015
Thema:

1. win 10 will not recognise my I pad or Iphone as a drive in explorer. - Similar Threads - recognise pad Iphone

2. iPhone not showing up in Windows Explorer : Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iPhone not showing up in Windows Explorer : Win 11: I routinely plug my iPhone XS into my tower to copy photos across to my desktop. Now it won't show there. Instead I get some irritating Windows app that wants to detect ALL of my many many photos. I DON'T WANT THAT. I want to see my iPhone in the directory tree Exlorer and be...
  3. iPhone not showing up in Windows Explorer : Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    iPhone not showing up in Windows Explorer : Win 11: I routinely plug my iPhone XS into my tower to copy photos across to my desktop. Now it won't show there. Instead I get some irritating Windows app that wants to detect ALL of my many many photos. I DON'T WANT THAT. I want to see my iPhone in the directory tree Exlorer and be...
  4. PC recognise my old iPhone X but not my new iPhone 12 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC recognise my old iPhone X but not my new iPhone 12 Pro: I have been using an iPhone X which I use to take photos and transfer the photos to my computer. Everything works fine. Now I got a iPhone 12 Pro. I can take photos but my PC just can't recognise the new iphone. I get the TRUST message and I answer "trust". Then nothing...
  5. PC recognise my old iPhone X but not my new iPhone 12 Pro

PC recognise my old iPhone X but not my new iPhone 12 Pro: I have been using an iPhone X which I use to take photos and transfer the photos to my computer. Everything works fine. Now I got a iPhone 12 Pro. I can take photos but my PC just can't recognise the new iphone. I get the TRUST message and I answer "trust". Then nothing...
  6. Windows 10 doesn't recognise subst drive letters in Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 doesn't recognise subst drive letters in Explorer: Subst seems to be broken in Windows 10. Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 Build 19042.421 When using subst to create a new drive letter, the new drive is available in the command prompt, but the drive letter does not show up in Explorer, even when I run the subst from an elevated...
  7. Strange padding in Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange padding in Explorer: Hello! I have a little bit of a weird question, but I think I received an update recently and probably changed some setting, which caused explorer to have padding in the search and URL box. I attach two pictures to show how it is for me, and how it should be like. This is how...
  8. iTunes doesnt recognise my iPhone

iTunes doesnt recognise my iPhone: As the title says iTunes doesn't recognise my iPhone. When I connect my iPhone to my windows10 pc it doesn't show in iTunes, when I run the diagnostics device connectivity test, it comes back with iPod support services is not installed. Also, I don't know if this another...
  9. Win 10 Explorer not showing Network drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 Explorer not showing Network drives: Win Explorer shows my network as < empty > on one of my PC's A little background info. I have 2 PC's and 2 laptops connected on my home network, all running Win 10 and up until a few weeks ago, everything worked fine. Have not added any new software or changed any settings...
  10. Loaded Win but DVD drive is not recognised

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Loaded Win but DVD drive is not recognised: I have downloaded Win10 onto my laptop. The DVD is: UltraNote Series: 8x SATA DVD±R/RW/Dual Layer (+ 24x CD-RW) I thought that everything was fine after I had re loaded Norton which had disappeared. All other icons and programmes were intact. I then attempted to load...