Windows 10: win 10 will not recognize new drive

Discus and support win 10 will not recognize new drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; New WD drive and is not recognized by pewter.. What next?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by zengel442, Oct 4, 2018.

1. zengel442 Win User

win 10 will not recognize new drive

New WD drive and is not recognized by pewter.. What next?

:)

zengel442, Oct 4, 2018
  2. Pavan_N Win User

new windows 10 does not recognize any of the 5 external port drives

Hi Linda,

Yes a lot of options have changed in Windows 10. My computer is now This PC. To access This PC click on start and click on File explorer on the left hand side click on This PC.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Do you get any error message?
    • Is your flash drive recognized by Device Manager?

Follow the Steps below to check if Device Manager is recognizing Flash drive.

• Right click on Start button and select Device Manager.
    • Double click Universal Serial Bus Controller; look for flash drive.

If you flash drive is recognized by Device Manager then you can perform the next step.

Run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with the Bluetooth adapter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Refer the link below to know more about Start menu. Also refer the other links for more information.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-see-whats-on-the-menu

Do let us know if you are able to access flash drive. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Oct 4, 2018
  3. David Haz Win User
    Windows 10 recognizes my SD Card as a local drive

Jon,

You posted that you would try the suggested steps by Tryx3. May we have an update if the suggested steps have resolved the issue about your SD card being recognized as a fixed drive in Windows 10?

David Haz, Oct 4, 2018
  4. Nofsdad Win User

No longer recognizes CD/DVD drive

Since receiving the Win 10 Home upgrade my computer no longer recognizes the DVD drive. It doesn't show in Device Manger or in the device list in This PC although it does spin up if you insert media into it. I've tried all the suggested remedies except messing with the registry and nothing works. This is one of several problems I've had with device drivers since the upgrade.

Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    AMD FX-4130 3.80Ghz
    8Gb Installed memory

Nofsdad, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

1. win 10 will not recognize new drive - Similar Threads - recognize drive

2. Computer not recognizing D Drive: WD Blue SA510 2.5 1000GB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer not recognizing D Drive: WD Blue SA510 2.5 1000GB: I tried to install Destiny 2 on this drive and within seconds the drive stopped being recognized by my computer. Steam instantly returned the message that the program was installed on a device that's not connected to the computer. Tried troubleshooting and I can still view it...
  3. Computer not recognizing D Drive: WD Blue SA510 2.5 1000GB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not recognizing D Drive: WD Blue SA510 2.5 1000GB: I tried to install Destiny 2 on this drive and within seconds the drive stopped being recognized by my computer. Steam instantly returned the message that the program was installed on a device that's not connected to the computer. Tried troubleshooting and I can still view it...
  4. Exernal DVD Drive Not recognized anymore

Exernal DVD Drive Not recognized anymore: I plugged an external USB DVD drive into my Windows 11 Pro computer. The drive worked fine - however the mouse became very erratic while the external DVD drive was plugged in - making the entire computer very difficult to operate typical Windows behavior. So, I yanked the USB...
  5. Exernal DVD Drive Not recognized anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exernal DVD Drive Not recognized anymore: I plugged an external USB DVD drive into my Windows 11 Pro computer. The drive worked fine - however the mouse became very erratic while the external DVD drive was plugged in - making the entire computer very difficult to operate typical Windows behavior. So, I yanked the USB...
  6. How do I recover data from a hard drive that is not recognized as a disk drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I recover data from a hard drive that is not recognized as a disk drive: Hello, I have an issue with my Acer laptop detecting my hard drive. Everything seemed normal up until the external hard drive slipped and fell then started showing in device manager as USB device instead of Generic Power Saving USB Device under disk drive that it normally...
  7. How do I recover data from a hard drive that is not recognized as a disk drive

How do I recover data from a hard drive that is not recognized as a disk drive: Hello, I have an issue with my Acer laptop detecting my hard drive. Everything seemed normal up until the external hard drive slipped and fell then started showing in device manager as USB device instead of Generic Power Saving USB Device under disk drive that it normally...
  8. Hard drive is recognized in BIOS but not Windows setup?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard drive is recognized in BIOS but not Windows setup?: Hello, i have had an issue with my pc since early January and it started with my pc blue screening out of no where while i was playing video games, then i restarted my pc and tried playing again and it did the same thing, after that i texted my dad who’s very good with...
  9. Hard drive is recognized in BIOS but not Windows setup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive is recognized in BIOS but not Windows setup?: Hello, i have had an issue with my pc since early January and it started with my pc blue screening out of no where while i was playing video games, then i restarted my pc and tried playing again and it did the same thing, after that i texted my dad who’s very good with...
  10. Hard drive is recognized in BIOS but not Windows setup?