Windows 10: Win 10 will start perfectly but hangs on restart.

Discus and support Win 10 will start perfectly but hangs on restart. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Folks, My win 10 machine will start perfectly from a cold boot. Great! However, if I (or a piece of updating software ) try to restart my machine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EugeneStevenson, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Win 10 will start perfectly but hangs on restart.

Hi Folks,

My win 10 machine will start perfectly from a cold boot. Great!

However, if I (or a piece of updating software ) try to restart my machine it's switches off as expected, it then starts to restart but after 3-4 seconds it stops.

It will then try again. This happens repeatedly until I reach for the plug and shut the machine completely.

When I plug the machine back in I can start it as normal, no problem.

It's been like this for ages but it's now a problem as the latest Win 10 update won't take as it doesn't like my "turn off/turn on routine.

Any help greatly received.

Cheers,

Eugene.

:)

EugeneStevenson, Aug 6, 2019

2. Win 10 hangs on restart and shutdown

No, that's rocket science. I'm posting with 10 already, so the problem was solved two days ago...Thank you.

The Windows 7 shutdown screen simply decided to hang and I finally did a hard shutdown and started it up again, after which it was painless.

required name required as well, Aug 6, 2019
  3. kingrj6 Win User
    Win 10 hangs on restart only (no problem with cold start)

I have a DELL P20T (Inspiron 3000 2-in-1) running WIN 10 through MS automatic upgradefrom WIN 8.1. On restart the computer shuts down and then hangs on restart after about 10 seconds. I must then power off and restart using the power button. There is
    no problem starting from power off. I tried restart with all USB devices removed. No change.

kingrj6, Aug 6, 2019
  4. Win 10 will start perfectly but hangs on restart.

Win 10 hangs on restart and shutdown

My HP Notebook 15 w/ Win 8.1 after upgrading to Win 10 will do a system restart, but hangs on a MANUAL restart.

CharlesBaker III, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 will start perfectly but hangs on restart.

1. Win 10 will start perfectly but hangs on restart. - Similar Threads - start perfectly hangs

2. Perfectly good Win 10 machine won't restart following updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Perfectly good Win 10 machine won't restart following updates: We shut down a Windows 10 machine last night which included installing updates. It will now not start, coming up with diagnostics which fail. Options like starting in safe mode fail. Where do we go from here The windows in the office are too high to throw the computer out so...
  3. Perfectly good Win 10 machine won't restart following updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Perfectly good Win 10 machine won't restart following updates: We shut down a Windows 10 machine last night which included installing updates. It will now not start, coming up with diagnostics which fail. Options like starting in safe mode fail. Where do we go from here The windows in the office are too high to throw the computer out so...
  4. Perfectly good Win 10 machine won't restart following updates

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Win 10 hangs restarting or shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 hangs restarting or shutting down: I have replaced a HDD in a NAS unit and another in my Humax recorder and I find that if I try to use the Windows WSL feature to edit and format these drives as EXT3, my laptop refuses to shut down/restart. I have to force a shut down with a 30sec press of the on/off switch....
  6. Restart Hanging Issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restart Hanging Issue: When I run Restart or Restart is run after a Windows Update, the PC hangs with the wait icon spinning for a long time. The only way to get out of it is to hold the start button till it shuts down....
  7. Win 10 Pro - hanging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Pro - hanging: What is the next step... I've updated/clean/deleted virus detection it still hangs up... any suggestions please... Thanks Ed The program EmbroideryWarePC.exe version 3.4.1.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is...
  8. Hanging at 'Restarting'

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hanging at 'Restarting': My Windows 10 PC hangs at the 'Restarting' screen when installing updates or just restarting the computer. It eventually completes the update or restart, but it takes far too long. The computer is a year old and did not do this until after an update several months ago. How...
  9. "Start Perfect" Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Start Perfect" Start Menu: [img] Here is my start menu. All tiles change colors when I change the theme! 51562
  10. windows 10 hangs and restarts

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 hangs and restarts: hi guys ive had win 10 pro 64 installed for 5 weeks now,and every so often it will hang up and reboot on its on own or it will go to the dreaded blue screen of death,ive installed all the latest updates and drivers are upto date.i thought it was graphics related because 4...