Windows 10: Win 10 Windows Media Player (wmp) 12 missing "paste album artwork"

Discus and support Win 10 Windows Media Player (wmp) 12 missing "paste album artwork" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Win 10 WMP 12 was working Ok until about a week ago (Sep 20, 2019) when the "paste album artwork" disappeared. I've tried the recommended sequence to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ArnoldGregg, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Win 10 Windows Media Player (wmp) 12 missing "paste album artwork"

Win 10 WMP 12 was working Ok until about a week ago (Sep 20, 2019) when the "paste album artwork" disappeared. I've tried the recommended sequence to restore it on the menu, but luck. Please help.

:)

ArnoldGregg, Sep 28, 2019
  2. tanz1987 Win User

Album art sync with Windows Media Player 11 with bitrate conversion

This is what I understand about displaying album art on the S60 Music Player:

• The album art must be embedded in a ID3 tag. "folder.jpg" and other external artwork are not displayed.

• The album art can be embedded into the music file using Windows Media Player by:
      • using the Pictures tab of Advanced Tag Editor, or
      • dragging an image from a folder to the gray "Paste Art Here" box

• If the music is synced to the phone without bitrate conversion, the embedded artwork (and all metadata, e.g. lyrics) is transferred.

• If bitrate is downgraded during sync, Windows Media Player drops the embedded artwork to save space on the phone. This unfortunately happens even with the MTP protocol, where the phone is supposed to disclose its capabilities (e.g. ability to display album
      art) to WMP.

Can the experienced forum members please point out any mistakes in my observations? My phone is a Nokia E66.

tanz1987, Sep 28, 2019
  3. Album Info Lookup Windows Media Player 12 / Windows 10 1809 and Groove music

Hello,

Album Info Lookup Windows Media Player 12/Windows 10 1809 : what happenbed to the old site/custom album info option?

Using Windows Media Player 12 / Windows 10 1809

WMP 12 when looking up album info now directs to a different website:

musicmatch.ssl-xboxlive.com

This is an inferior option compared to the prior site and win 1803 :

redir.metaservices.microsoft.com

That original site allowed for custom search options (e.g. modify searches once in lookup mode or to enter custom album data). A very useful option for classical music collectors who often find their low-selling albums listed but incomplete or not
    listed at all.

The enclosed solution provided by ....... does not work (was working on win 1803)

"Please perform the following and see if the issue will persist.

1. Press the Windows and R keys simultaneously to launch
      Run command.
    2. Type-in regedit and press
      Enter
    3. Navigate to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\TunerConfig.
    4. Look for PREFERREDMETADATAPROVIDER -- it should have a value "pmpMusicMatch".
    5. Edit the setting PREFERREDMETADATAPROVIDER, and clear the value so you have a blank value.
    6. Save and exit regedit.exe."
    When open the file (step 4) the PREFERREDMETADATAPROVIDER value is already a blank value.

Need help....

Regards JBLA74

Jean-Luc BLAMPEY, Sep 28, 2019
  4. Win 10 Windows Media Player (wmp) 12 missing "paste album artwork"

Windows Media Player show similar playlist as iTunes with missing traks from the album on Windows 10.

Original title: Windows 10 Media Player

Hi All

As I add Albums to my ITunes Library they automatically appear in my Windows Media Player. However at random some tracks are missing when I view them in Windows Media Player. When viewing in ITunes they are complete. If in WMP I right click on the album
    and open file location it shows me the complete list of tracks with the missing tracks NOT highlighted.

How do I get WMP to recognize the missing tracks?

Regards GB

GlynBarnard, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 Windows Media Player (wmp) 12 missing "paste album artwork"

1. Win 10 Windows Media Player (wmp) 12 missing "paste album artwork" - Similar Threads - Media Player wmp

2. Windows Media Player 12 - same album artwork shown

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Media Player 12 - same album artwork shown: Hello.I realize this has been asked before so apologies, but I've never found a solution that's worked for me.I'm running Windows Media Player 12 12.0.19041.3208 on Windows 10. The problem I have is that a few of my album covers have the same - incorrect - artwork. I've...
  3. Windows Media Player 12 - same album artwork shown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player 12 - same album artwork shown: Hello.I realize this has been asked before so apologies, but I've never found a solution that's worked for me.I'm running Windows Media Player 12 12.0.19041.3208 on Windows 10. The problem I have is that a few of my album covers have the same - incorrect - artwork. I've...
  4. Windows Media Player 12 - same album artwork shown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Media Player 12 - Separate Albums by Filetype

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player 12 - Separate Albums by Filetype: Hello,I like to rip my CDs using windows media player and I rip in WAV so I can burn CDs and FLAC So I can store album info in metadata. I used to have my windows media player setup in such a way that the two rips of the album were divided by file type, but now I did...
  6. Windows Media Player 12 - Separate Albums by Filetype

Windows Media Player 12 - Separate Albums by Filetype: Hello,I like to rip my CDs using windows media player and I rip in WAV so I can burn CDs and FLAC So I can store album info in metadata. I used to have my windows media player setup in such a way that the two rips of the album were divided by file type, but now I did...
  7. No album art in Windows Media Player 12 on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No album art in Windows Media Player 12 on Windows 10: I accidentally clicked on WMP for windows 10 and the album art vanished, it's still there when i look in the album section, but in compact mode it is not there, i've tried but am clueless as to how to get it back Any suggestions please?...
  8. Missing album aer in WMP 12

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Missing album aer in WMP 12: I accidentally clicked the icon in the right corner and the art on the album playing disappeared, i tried every album and it's the same, the art is still there wwhen i look at the right side details, but not in compact mode, this is weird, can someone help me out here please?...
  9. WMP 12 "paste album art" pop-up missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    WMP 12 "paste album art" pop-up missing: I have reported this several times and the posted solution "is the problem". As of 10/24/2019 WMP 12 DOES NOT show "paste album art" in the pull down where it used to be. It appears Microsoft has removed that feature. What gives???...
  10. Win media player 12

Win media player 12: I'm trying to connect media player via network to my Yamaha AV receiver. I'm told to go to "media share" settings in media player. I've looked at all the settings I can find but not found it. Can anyone help?...