Windows 10: Win 10 wont boot stuck in repair loop and missing windows file is in recycle bin

Discus and support Win 10 wont boot stuck in repair loop and missing windows file is in recycle bin in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have tried several ideas about entering the recycle bin through command prompt. No luck.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by crystaltafralian, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Win 10 wont boot stuck in repair loop and missing windows file is in recycle bin

I have tried several ideas about entering the recycle bin through command prompt.

No luck.

:)

crystaltafralian, Jun 2, 2019
  2. ipellant Win User

Missing desktop icons and recycle bin

No problems on the current Windows 10 on three computers I have running dual screens. Desktop Icons only appear on the primary screen.

All icons including the Recycle Bin not showing. The Recycle Bin could be the cause.

There was a bug / glitch during the Insider Preview builds that would flash up a message saying the Recycle Bin was corrupted or missing.

It seems that the Recycle Bin attempts to build a list of recycled files on all the drives on the computer. If the recycled files id is out of sync, that caused the bin to fail.

Suggest:

Copy some files; then delete them; then reboot and see if the Recycle Bin appears.

ipellant, Jun 2, 2019
  3. Jan Del Win User
    recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Jun 2, 2019
  4. tmhanser Win User

Win 10 wont boot stuck in repair loop and missing windows file is in recycle bin

Restoring Many Files from Recycle Bin

I'm stuck here - need some help.

I have an external USB drive that I keep my music files on, and I decided I wanted to clean up the hundreds of systems files left behind from Mac OS X. They're everywhere on this USB drive and I wanted to remove them, since I work with hidden system files turned ON in Windows 10.

I searched for all of these hidden files, and sent them to the Recycle Bin. There are SO MANY files that it literally chokes the best Dell Precision towers I work with when you open the Recycle Bin. I wanted to check one last time before I empty the Recycle Bin and make sure there isn't something I want to actually keep.

But for some reason I can't seem to see these files in the Recycle Bin - it says "working on it" but nothing ever changes, even after hours of waiting. There is a green progress bar across the top, but it never ends and the files never appear listed in the window below.

At this point I'm stuck and I can't empty the Recycle Bin and I can't restore these files. I suspect there are SO MANY files that the system can't list them or restore them.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

tmhanser, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 wont boot stuck in repair loop and missing windows file is in recycle bin

1. Win 10 wont boot stuck in repair loop and missing windows file is in recycle bin - Similar Threads - wont boot stuck

2. Windows wont boot/automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows wont boot/automatic repair loop: I haven't used my PC in about a week and I go to boot up as usual today but it goes straight to "Preparing Automatic Repair" and "Diagnosing Your PC" then it cuts to black and shows the blue screen saying that Automatic repair failed and I have the options to "Restart" or...
  3. Windows wont boot/automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows wont boot/automatic repair loop: I haven't used my PC in about a week and I go to boot up as usual today but it goes straight to "Preparing Automatic Repair" and "Diagnosing Your PC" then it cuts to black and shows the blue screen saying that Automatic repair failed and I have the options to "Restart" or...
  4. Windows wont boot/automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. recycle bin in a loop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    recycle bin in a loop: when I open the recycle bin, it goes into a continuous loop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle-in-a-loop/5c47e8c1-af5f-4575-b41f-a8d3928dbdab
  6. Recycle bin is missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recycle bin is missing: I use Windows 10. Recycle bin is not working. I am not in table mode. I tried to personalize desktop icons, an I can not checkmark Recycle bin - as shown on the picture below. [ATTACH] I tried to access recycle bin by explorer using C:$Recyclebin. But it was written...
  7. MY RECYCLE BIN WONT EMPTY IN WIN 10....GETS STUCK IN PREPARING TO RECYCLE STAGE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MY RECYCLE BIN WONT EMPTY IN WIN 10....GETS STUCK IN PREPARING TO RECYCLE STAGE: I have been through every fix I could find on the internet. I tried rd /s /q c:\$recycle.bin and about 5 other methods. Nothing works for me i have tried safe mode and taken ownership of the file. Cant take ownership of the files in th recycle bin it wont let me assign the...
  8. Missing Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Recycle Bin: all of a sudden I can't see the icon of the recycle bin any longer in the left pane of the Windows Explorer screen. I can see it on the desktop but as I keep the desktop normally hidden (clean desktop policy) I don't see it there either. Can anyone help me recover the missing...
  9. Windows 10 wont boot - Windows Repair loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 wont boot - Windows Repair loop: Hi all, I have a booting problem with my Windows 10, after having it for two months. Few days ago after turning my PC on, I had a message Starting Windows Repair, after some time it shows me the same screen with text - Diagnosing your PC. Then after having a black...
  10. recycle bin wont empty

in Windows 10 Support
    recycle bin wont empty: my recycle bin has a ton of stuff in it ,so when i try to empty it it shows the progressin bar but it just says 0 mb . so it wont get rid of the old files in it . 64571