Windows 10: Win 10 won't boot up anymore

Discus and support Win 10 won't boot up anymore in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I used to have dual boot separate hard drives the win 10 on SSD and the Win 7 on a 500gb. Yesterday I started getting some freezing and when I looked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by gica69, Jan 6, 2018.

1. gica69 Win User

Win 10 won't boot up anymore

I used to have dual boot separate hard drives the win 10 on SSD and the Win 7 on a 500gb. Yesterday I started getting some freezing and when I looked at ctrl alt delete I saw Acresso Soft Manager front and center so I went in win 7 erased some files involving the soft one in Prefetch on in Program Data, restarted and boom win 10 goes to repair. I tied all the chkdisk, diskpart, bootrec, bcdedit tricks in the book. I cannot for the life of me figure this out, and I know it can be done apparently I am set up with an MBR not GPT so no EFI partition. Included is a picture of the Disk Manager setup. Thanks in advance

:)

gica69, Jan 6, 2018
  2. JayPezz Win User

Repeatedly trying to upgrade to W10. Every error different. No luck

It got worse.

After the system last came back after trying to update to Win 10 and said it was restoring Win 8.1, I thought it was OK. At that point, I posted my problem using my other system and shut down the Win8.1 laptop figuring I'd try it after a couple of days.

When I tried booting the Win 8, it would no longer boot. Worse, it won't even go into the BIOS, instead coming up with a blue screen saying:

Recovery

The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors

File:\Boot\BCD

Error Code: 0xc000000f

It not only won't boot, it doesn't bring up the BIOS choices as it did in the previous screen, won't go into BIOS, won't open the DVD drive and won't boot a Win10 or Win8.1 from a USB. In short, Win 10 took my working Win 8.1 and made a basket case of it.

JayPezz, Jan 6, 2018
  3. Win 10 Pro won't boot anymore

Hi,

Windows 10 fails to boot because of the problems with Master Boot Record. In these cases, repairs needed to be made to get things up and running again. Fortunately, the Windows 10 Recovery Environment includes an automated option for doing just that.
    That being said, we suggest that you perform a Startup Repair through Windows Recovery Environment:

• Turn your computer on and off for three times. While booting, make sure you turn off the computer when you see the Windows logo.
    • Windows 10 will boot into diagnostics mode. Click on Advanced options button when the recovery screen appears.
    • Click on Troubleshoot.

Win 10 won't boot up anymore [​IMG]
    • Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Repair.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Jan 6, 2018
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

To start with, i would say the 350mb System Reserved partition should be marked as active, not D:

NavyLCDR, Jan 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 won't boot up anymore - Similar Threads - won't boot anymore

2. Win 10 boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 boot up: Can anyone solve this issue as per the pictures, it toggles between these two states on boot up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-boot-up/415db91d-a9d4-4dab-9a89-214075dcac62
  3. Win 10 won't boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 won't boot up: Hi there Can someone possibly help Win 10 won't start up Really need help Any help is very much appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-wont-boot-up/fef3e56e-cdc6-4625-b23f-8a39690419c5
  4. Win 10 won't boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 won't boot up: Hi there Can someone possibly help Win 10 won't start up Really need help Any help is very much appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-wont-boot-up/fef3e56e-cdc6-4625-b23f-8a39690419c5
  5. Win 10 won't boot up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. win 10 won't boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win 10 won't boot: i tried sfc and wont work dism wont work bootrec same i tried the new thing called cloud download or local one both wont work windows was so slow i had to restart the windows and i was at start up / boot loop for more then 1 day...
  7. win 10 won't boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    win 10 won't boot: win 10 won't boot. Message: "No bootable device Strike F1 to retry, F2 to enter setup, F5 to enter PSA: MS tech helped me yesterday when win wouldn't start https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-wont-boot/f26ad556-1631-4979-b7a8-3df8102f8989
  8. Win 10 won't connect to wifi on boot-up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 won't connect to wifi on boot-up: I'm running Windows 10, 64-bit, version 1607. When I boot up the system, it doesn't connect to my home network even though I have previously configured the wifi to connecct automatically. I see my network on the list of available networks, but when I try to connect manually,...
  9. Dual boot win 7&10, Win 10 boot option is not showing up anymore

Dual boot win 7&10, Win 10 boot option is not showing up anymore: I've had both windows in all my computers since the beginning of w10. On this computer win7 was on B drive win10 was on C drive. It is one drive partioned in half Have all my docs, mail, pics, music on external drive. I was using them on both os. Well all of a sudden the page...
  10. Win 10 won't boot up after install updates ?

Win 10 won't boot up after install updates ?: Hello & Thanks : Win 10 won't boot up after install updates . Well , not without entering F2/F12 setup . At set up I have to change boot device to dvd . Then change it again to boot device to hdd . Also , I get these updateHistory msgs: * "Failed to install"...