Windows 10: Win 10 Won't Let Computer Sleep

Discus and support Win 10 Won't Let Computer Sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; In searching for the power request in Command Mode I'm told that that program MoUsoCoreWorker.exe is requesting power for whatever it does, thus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Dynan3, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Dynan3 Win User

Win 10 Won't Let Computer Sleep

In searching for the power request in Command Mode I'm told that that program

MoUsoCoreWorker.exe

is requesting power for whatever it does, thus keeping my computer from going to sleep. This occurs since last update KB 4565627

Can't delete it or disable it. Don't know if I'd want to not knowing what this unknown 'guest' is doing on my computer.

I need sleep mode after ten minutes.

Any ideas? Any Help?

:)

Dynan3, Aug 1, 2020

2. Win 10 - computer won't lock or sleep when lid is closed

Hi Shari,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Please follow the methods mentioned below:

Method 1: Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.

• Select on Control Panel.

• Click on Power Options. On the left, click on "Choose what closing the lid does". Click on the drop down menu for "When I close the lid" and choose "Sleep" or "Hibernate.

Method 2: I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on
      View All.
    • Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.

Method 3: If the above method doesn’t help, I would suggest you to
    reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back with their default settings. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg -restoredefaultschemes, and then press
      ENTER.
    • At the command prompt, type exit to exit the Command Prompt window.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.
    Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Win 10 - computer won't lock or sleep when lid is closed

JoshuaOsandatuwa, Aug 1, 2020
  4. ShariD77 Win User

Win 10 - computer won't lock or sleep when lid is closed

upgraded to win 10 and now my laptop won't lock or sleep when I close the lid. Computer stays on and kills my battery at night. I have gone into the control panel and adv settings in power to make sure that on lid close it is on sleep. Verified that yes
    it is. On win 8 my computer would lock when I close the lid but now it doesn't do that either. Getting frustrated already with Win 10.

ShariD77, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Win 10 Won't Let Computer Sleep - Similar Threads - Won't Let Computer

2. Computer Won't Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Won't Sleep: Everytime I tell my computer to sleep it just goes to the lock screen. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-wont-sleep/a040a24d-375d-4844-b471-e0cd0b860d23
  3. Computer Won't Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Won't Sleep: Everytime I tell my computer to sleep it just goes to the lock screen. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-wont-sleep/a040a24d-375d-4844-b471-e0cd0b860d23
  4. Win 10 won't go to sleep automatically

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 won't go to sleep automatically: Recently my Win 10 desktop PC refuses to go to sleep unless I manually put it to sleep. One issue I'm having is that the settings for power management are clearly intended for a laptop "When plugged in, monitor turns off after XX minutes". But aside from that. I have noticed...
  5. Win 10 won't go to sleep automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 won't go to sleep automatically: Recently my Win 10 desktop PC refuses to go to sleep unless I manually put it to sleep. One issue I'm having is that the settings for power management are clearly intended for a laptop "When plugged in, monitor turns off after XX minutes". But aside from that. I have noticed...
  6. Win 10 won't go to sleep automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 sleep mode won't let me boot up computer

Windows 10 sleep mode won't let me boot up computer: I turned my pc off 2 days ago like usual. The next day I went to start it up and I wouldn't turn on. Everything I try to boot it up it just goes straight into sleep mode. I can't even get on my desktop to get into settings or even troubleshoot anything. I haven't been able to...
  8. Computer won't sleep

Computer won't sleep: New machine, ~6 weeks - Win 10 Pro, Ryzen 12 core processor, 64GB RAM, nVidia 1660Ti GPU. Up until the last few days, the power settings were working properly. The displays would turn off after the set time and the computer would go to sleep shortly thereafter. The past...
  9. Computer won't sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer won't sleep: My computer won't sleep, like ven enter the sleep mode. It does the usual fade to black, then to the blue "No signal detected" screen, then to black again after varying periods of time, then my desktop. It is quite irritating, as I had just fixed it (Not sure how) and got it...
  10. My win 10 computer won't "SLEEP"

My win 10 computer won't "SLEEP": I had been doing research on why she wakes up the middle of the night after I put her to sleep. I went to the DOS utility powercfg/lastwake [ATTACH] I can't understand why MS can't have her go back to sleep after doing this ..... but I went to Task Scheduler and decided...