Windows 10: win 10 wont repair

Discus and support win 10 wont repair in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; when i try to boot on my hdd it tries to repair and runs diagnose but then says it cant be repaired and i end up on the blue screen with 3 options,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by keithw3872, Apr 18, 2020.

1. win 10 wont repair

when i try to boot on my hdd it tries to repair and runs diagnose but then says it cant be repaired and i end up on the blue screen with 3 options, middle one being advanced options if i click that and try those options nothing works no restore points and system disk cant find a system disk even though i put a dvd and a usb both with windows10 on.

I also created a recovery drive which doesnt show me the right screen at the start just goes straight to installation and 2 options which seem to be remove all my files not what i want and the repair option on my win 10 dvd or usb just takes me to the same blue page, i have tried so many things, i have lost count, i am sure some one will suggest i try some thing i have already tried, even tried the command prompt /fixmbr and /fixboot, fixboot said access is denied, i tried repairing that and still got same message.

looks like i will have to accept i have lost it all, dont know if anyones got any ideas how i can sort it? the hdd in question is now my f: drive, i have another hdd c: drive as the master drive, they have restore partitions no idea what for lol the restore partition on f drive looks like it might have files missing

:)

keithw3872, Apr 18, 2020

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Apr 18, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Apr 18, 2020
  4. win 10 wont repair

Windows Automatic Repair Doesn't Recognise Macbook Keyboard

I don't know how BootCamp affects things, but I'd suggest making a boot repair disk and running standard Windows repair methods. These are some of things I did when I was a PC repair tech, rather than a Mac repair tech. I don't remember the full list, since it was really long and it's been several years since I've worked as a tech.

1. Boot to Win Recovery Disk/USB
    2. Run the automated Startup Repair
    3. Rebuild the MBR (Master Boot Record)
    4. Run CHKDSK

There's a couple other things the links suggest, but I haven't done them myself. You may need to run these steps 2-3 time for it to fully work.

There's plenty of other resources to look up repairs online. Even when I was a tech, I'd spend hours to research new fixes so I didn't have to spend days reinstalling everything. I've seen more complete repair walk throughs on SE/SO, as well as Google, so just keep searching.

If it still doesn't fix things, you can reinstall Windows. You'll want to back up your data first, though, if you haven't already done so. You can also reinstall Windows without removing the partition, but sometimes that doesn't work and you'll probably still have to reinstall all your software.

Good luck!

computercarguy, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

win 10 wont repair

1. win 10 wont repair - Similar Threads - wont repair

2. c:\windows\system32\logfiles\srt\srttrail.txt on repair startup, Computer wont get off blue...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    c:\windows\system32\logfiles\srt\srttrail.txt on repair startup, Computer wont get off blue...: Recent got an SSD not a new one, usedi started having problems opening programs, like firefox, whenever i opened and closed a tab it would crash and go to blue screen in seconds. the SSD sometimes comes back up but it goes back to blue screen after a small bit. im stuck with...
  3. c:\windows\system32\logfiles\srt\srttrail.txt on repair startup, Computer wont get off blue...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    c:\windows\system32\logfiles\srt\srttrail.txt on repair startup, Computer wont get off blue...: Recent got an SSD not a new one, usedi started having problems opening programs, like firefox, whenever i opened and closed a tab it would crash and go to blue screen in seconds. the SSD sometimes comes back up but it goes back to blue screen after a small bit. im stuck with...
  4. c:\windows\system32\logfiles\srt\srttrail.txt on repair startup, Computer wont get off blue...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 stuck in repair. Wont take active password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 stuck in repair. Wont take active password.: My Windows 10 pro will not boot. I use the password to my Microsoft account and it will not take it. Nore my log in. This is quite frustrating. I have a windows 10 boot thumbdrive to help fix my drive...
  6. Windows 10 stuck in repair. Wont take active password.

Windows 10 stuck in repair. Wont take active password.: My Windows 10 pro will not boot. I use the password to my Microsoft account and it will not take it. Nore my log in. This is quite frustrating. I have a windows 10 boot thumbdrive to help fix my drive...
  7. Windows 10 stuck in repair. Wont take active password.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. My pc stuck on an finite loop of unable to repair and blue screen registry error, pc wont...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc stuck on an finite loop of unable to repair and blue screen registry error, pc wont...: Pc wont reset, repair, or any advanced options rom repair won't work and everytime pc restart, pc goes to blue screen error code: registry error...
  9. My pc stuck on an finite loop of unable to repair and blue screen registry error, pc wont...

My pc stuck on an finite loop of unable to repair and blue screen registry error, pc wont...: Pc wont reset, repair, or any advanced options rom repair won't work and everytime pc restart, pc goes to blue screen error code: registry error...
  10. My pc wont start its stuck on automatic repaire, and when checked on the program files they...

My pc wont start its stuck on automatic repaire, and when checked on the program files they...: Updates were done so asking for restart when I did the laptop got stuck on automatic repair loop, on further checking through cmd prompt the program files have been moved to f drive please help me resolve this...