Windows 10: Win 10 won’t stay shut down after power outage

Discus and support Win 10 won’t stay shut down after power outage in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Had a power outage over night while sleeping between Sept 10-11. I had everything but one USB hub plugged into one strip, the strip with just the Hub,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DylanFriebel, Sep 12, 2021.

1. Win 10 won’t stay shut down after power outage

Had a power outage over night while sleeping between Sept 10-11. I had everything but one USB hub plugged into one strip, the strip with just the Hub, it fried my hub. Now my PC won’t stay shut down, I shut it down and the light on the case flickers once and then it restarts. I’ve done all the tricks on the internet, can anyone help?

:)

DylanFriebel, Sep 12, 2021
  2. tamo Win User

iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

Win 10 won’t stay shut down after power outage [​IMG]

3. The light on the power button stays on even after shut down.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your description, I understand that the light on the power button stays on even after shut down.

We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise due to various reasons:

• System not properly shut down or might be in sleep mode.

• Power cord connected to the device.

• Change in the settings.
    I would appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Did you make any recent changes to the settings?

• Does the CPU fan spins after the shutdown?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, (if you are using a laptop).

Unplug the charger from the lap top and check if the issue persists and also try to shut down from the lock screen.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to run Power troubleshooter:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Power.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 12, 2021
  4. tamo Win User

Win 10 won’t stay shut down after power outage

iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

Win 10 won’t stay shut down after power outage [​IMG]

Thema:

Win 10 won’t stay shut down after power outage

1. Win 10 won’t stay shut down after power outage - Similar Threads - won’t stay shut

2. HELP, my PC stays powered up after shut down!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP, my PC stays powered up after shut down!: Hi all,Having a strange issue that has just started happening. When I press Windows, shut down. It goes through the usual windows shut down procedure and my monitor goes down but all my peripherals, lights and fans stay powered on. Have to just unplug at the moment to get my...
  3. HELP, my PC stays powered up after shut down!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP, my PC stays powered up after shut down!: Hi all,Having a strange issue that has just started happening. When I press Windows, shut down. It goes through the usual windows shut down procedure and my monitor goes down but all my peripherals, lights and fans stay powered on. Have to just unplug at the moment to get my...
  4. Win 10 won’t stay shut down after power outage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 won’t stay shut down after power outage: Got an power outage 2 days ago and after that my PC wont shutdown. I only have 1 USB connected and I un plug the USB and try it still lights on the computer. I can't remember anything aside from the outage. Please someone help....
  5. Win 10 won’t stay shut down after power outage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 won’t stay shut down after power outage: Got an power outage 2 days ago and after that my PC wont shutdown. I only have 1 USB connected and I un plug the USB and try it still lights on the computer. I can't remember anything aside from the outage. Please someone help....
  6. Win 10 won’t stay shut down after power outage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  7. Windows slowing down after power outage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows slowing down after power outage: Ok so, last night we had the power shut off for a split second before the power came back on. After this, my laptop decided it wanted to slow down. When the power outage occurred, I got a notification saying something about my computer going into low power mode, so perhaps...
  8. win 10 can't restart after power outage

in Windows 10 Customization
    win 10 can't restart after power outage: Hi there, While I was using my desktop Win 10, there was a power outage. No electricity for app 30 mins. I forgot to unplugged the the desktop:. I tried to restart it after electricity back. It was on, it had a message- it will scanning the errors and after that it will...
  9. Windows 10 PC powers on by itself after hibernating, stays off if shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 PC powers on by itself after hibernating, stays off if shut down: I have a self-built PC, motherboard: Biostar TPower I55 CPU: Core I5 750 @ 2.67Ghz Windows 10 Pro 10.0.17763 When the PC is shut down completely, using "Shut down" from the start menu, the PC stays turned off. When the PC is hibernated, using "Hibernate" from the...
  10. Light stays on after shutting down.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Light stays on after shutting down.: Hello there, My GTX Gaming G1 1070 and Corsair H100i v2 Liquid Cooler LED's stay on faintly even after turning off the computer. The GTX 1070 still fades in and out of different colours and the Liquid Cooler contains its white but faint light coming from the Corsair Logo....