Windows 10: Win 10, word icon lost after recent auto update from microsoft.

Discus and support Win 10, word icon lost after recent auto update from microsoft. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After the last windows auto update I lost my word icon at the bottom bar. If I open a word file from my desktop, the file is displayed but I get a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Chris53105, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Win 10, word icon lost after recent auto update from microsoft.

After the last windows auto update I lost my word icon at the bottom bar. If I open a word file from my desktop, the file is displayed but I get a message in the side bar that word has recovered the following files. I have tried pinning the word icon back on the bar but it does not change the recovery message. I work with computers because of what they do when they work properly but I easily get lost when I talk to an expert and the person uses computer terminolgy.

:)

Chris53105, Feb 7, 2020
  2. Edwin Win User

Is it possible to pin recent doc to Word icon on taskbar?

It's possible with WordPad so, I don't see why it wouldn't work with Word.

Win 10, word icon lost after recent auto update from microsoft. [​IMG]

Edwin, Feb 7, 2020
  3. esmorax Win User
    Windows 10 Office 365 cannot open files from: recent file list

Thanks for the tip! I followed all above steps.

So far I can open files from the Recent files list when I enter Word itself, however I still am unable to open any documents using the Word icon pinned to the taskbar:

Win 10, word icon lost after recent auto update from microsoft. [​IMG]

-

esmorax, Feb 7, 2020
  4. 68Karma Win User

Win 10, word icon lost after recent auto update from microsoft.

Windows 10 Task bar Icon for Word and/or Excel, right click to show recent files.

Windows 10 Task bar Icon for Word and/or Excel, right click to show recent or pinned files. How do I get the recent files to list?

I have looked at all the properties as well as windows 10 options for both programs and I can only affect the recent files once the program is opened.

For example: In Windows 8 you can right click the Word icon and a list of recent files shows up, usually up to 8 files. You can then select specific files to be pinned. The pinned files are there but never any recent files.

How do I change this or is this a feature that is gone?

I have Microsoft 365 Home. I have updated both Windows 10 and my Microsoft suite applications.

Thanks =)

68Karma, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

Win 10, word icon lost after recent auto update from microsoft.

1. Win 10, word icon lost after recent auto update from microsoft. - Similar Threads - word icon lost

2. Auto arrange icons after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto arrange icons after update: I spent a long time yesterday making sure my icons were organized after windows arranged them in a jumbled fashion again. I made sure auto arrange is NOT checked. This morning my computer did an update and my icons are all over the place again. This seems to happen every time...
  3. Auto arrange icons after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto arrange icons after update: I spent a long time yesterday making sure my icons were organized after windows arranged them in a jumbled fashion again. I made sure auto arrange is NOT checked. This morning my computer did an update and my icons are all over the place again. This seems to happen every time...
  4. Lost document from Microsoft Word

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost document from Microsoft Word: Last week I wrote up an important document and *thought* I uploaded it onto a website. I cannot find any place that it was saved and it does not appear in the "recent" documents tab on the left hand side of Word. Can anyone help me recover the lost document in Word? Thank...
  5. Word auto starts at Win 10 boot

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word auto starts at Win 10 boot: Since the recent update of Office 365 to Microsoft 365, MS Word is opening two copies every time I boot up Win 10 (latest 1909). I looked in start up and nothing there. I looked at Word options and didn't see anything. ??? 155040
  6. lost Word document after updating in Windows 10!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lost Word document after updating in Windows 10!: Help! So we did the latest Windows update in Windows 10, and a super-important Word document somehow disappeared, it seems... We searched for the file of course in all of C:, and it shows up in "Recent" and "Recent Items," but attempting to open it gets the "shortcut can't...
  7. folder lost after win 10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    folder lost after win 10 update: after the latest Win 10 update a folder disappeared from my desktop. I would like to get it back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-lost-after-win-10-update/17af4f19-59eb-465d-8b4b-3a48211537bd"
  8. Microsoft Word file became hidden and lost the newest saved version after Windows auto update

Microsoft Word file became hidden and lost the newest saved version after Windows auto update: I had a word document on my desktop that I updated and saved yesterday. Today my laptop automatically updated, and when I turned it back on, that document was gone. It was only visible under the Recent Files list in Quick Access, and it showed that the document's...
  9. Lost files after win 10 update.

Lost files after win 10 update.: I recently lost ALL my files after another Windows update,, I had noticed a little while back that my shortcuts were not working... and that for some reason all my files were in a directory called Windows.old.. I was trying to work out how they were there,, and then now...
  10. Win 10 update to build 10586.318: lost recent Word file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 update to build 10586.318: lost recent Word file: Our desktop PC updated itself overnight and rebooted. A Word 2013 file that was open seems to have reverted to a version that is four days old. My wife has been working on it every day and swears blind she was saving it frequently. If so, it seems to have restored an old...