Windows 10: Win 10 x64 Pro and Safe Mode...

Discus and support Win 10 x64 Pro and Safe Mode... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I need to get into safe mode WITH Network Support. Load up, enter password NOT the PIN, PASSWORD... not accepted. Restart to normal. Make new account... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by BenRobberecht, May 16, 2020.

1. Win 10 x64 Pro and Safe Mode...

I need to get into safe mode WITH Network Support.
    Load up, enter password NOT the PIN, PASSWORD... not accepted.

Restart to normal.
    Make new account with Admin Privileges.
    Restart to Safe Mode with Network Support.
    Enter password... no ball.

Restart to normal again, log into original account, delete newly made account.
    Activate Admin Account.
    Try this way... again no ball.

Load into normal, generate now password for online.

Restart to Safe Mode with Network Support.
    Type in new password...
    Guess...

Seems the ONLY thing I can do is to re-install Windows entirely.
    However, I do not have the time for this the reinstall itself goes dang fast, but then the SETTINGS... OMG!!!

Question:
    While I DO understand the need for security, THIS is beyond any reasonably -not even working- way to do things.
    Setting up a dang simple home network is also pure terror.
    Not to mention the fact that I can't even whitelist my programs and games for Windows in a simple way through a right-click menu or so.
    Might be BLOODY wise to make things a bit easier for folks.

Back to my question, however:
    How can I circumvent the Safe Mode password issue?
    There HAS to be SOME way...?

Thank you.

:)

BenRobberecht, May 16, 2020
  2. coopfab Win User

Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally

I'm running Win 10 Pro 1903.

Here are the steps I have taken to get into safe mode: Start button, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced startup, troubleshoot, advanced options, startup settings, restart. The computer boots normally, not in safe mode. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks in advance for your help and interest. .

coopfab, May 16, 2020
  3. Dave xxx Win User
    Sleep mode broken (Win 10 Pro x64)

In December I upgraded a desktop (Intel i7-3770K 16Gb/Gigabyte Technology &SSD) from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro, but since 12 January the computer will not wake from sleep mode (power button needed to reboot).

There were no problems with sleep mode under Win 7; there were 2 Windows updates on 12 January: Windows Defender Antivirus KB2267602 & Microsoft.YourPhone

The following steps have offered no improvement (Win 10 v 1909 18363.592):

i) Advanced Power Settings: PCI Express - change from 'Moderate Power Savings' to 'Off''
    ii) CMD (admin): powercfg -h off
    iii) Uninstalled Phone App: PowerShell (admin) Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.YourPhone* -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage
    iv) Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool run - No errors detected
    v) Windows drivers appear up to date

Any suggestions for a remedy would be much appreciated.

Dave xxx, May 16, 2020
  4. Win 10 x64 Pro and Safe Mode...

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 16, 2020
Thema:

Win 10 x64 Pro and Safe Mode...

1. Win 10 x64 Pro and Safe Mode... - Similar Threads - x64 Pro Safe

2. Win 10 Pro x64 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Pro x64 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION ntoskrnl.exe: My PC started crashing recently, I tried updating the drivers, sfc scannow, dism cleanup, restoring UEFI settings to default, restoring from system restore point, RAM diagnostic tools, etc., to no avail. It is shown in BlueScreenView that ntoskrnl.exe is the culprit in every...
  3. Win 10 Pro x64 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Pro x64 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION ntoskrnl.exe: My PC started crashing recently, I tried updating the drivers, sfc scannow, dism cleanup, restoring UEFI settings to default, restoring from system restore point, RAM diagnostic tools, etc., to no avail. It is shown in BlueScreenView that ntoskrnl.exe is the culprit in every...
  4. Win 10 safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 safe mode: Hello, suddenly my laptop black screen, 1. Try to login repairing system, but keep on saying wrong PW , I reset my hotmail PW -> wrong, and unable reset login PW. 2. Try start at safe mode, but pop message The system detected an overrun of stuck-based buffer in this...
  5. New Windows 10 Pro x64 installation only boots in safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New Windows 10 Pro x64 installation only boots in safe mode: So today I encountered something strange. After using my PC for online class for a while it froze up and forced a restart. It wasn't an instant one tho like if the restart button is pressed. Anyways after that Windows didn't want to boot. It Always put me into recovery mode....
  6. Starting Win 10 in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Starting Win 10 in Safe Mode: When I try to start mt Win 10 PC in safe mode through the recovery menu, I get a screen that asks for my recovery code. I don't know my recovery code, so how do I get it. I do not sign in with a Microsoft account for my PC use just local sign in. Thanks for your help...
  7. Stuck in Safe Mode - Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in Safe Mode - Win 10: So, yesterday I tried to update my driver for the graphic card (AMD). It asked me to reboot in Safe Mode, and I did... Now I'm stuck in the limbo of Safe Mode. The windows don't accept my password (either the one I use for the windows or my microsoft account, I use a hotmail...
  8. Sleep mode broken (Win 10 Pro x64)

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep mode broken (Win 10 Pro x64): In December I upgraded a desktop (Intel i7-3770K 16Gb/Gigabyte Technology &SSD) from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro, but since 12 January the computer will not wake from sleep mode (power button needed to reboot). There were no problems with sleep mode under Win 7; there were 2...
  9. safe mode issue with win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    safe mode issue with win 10: start up a computer with a safe mode win and can not back to the regular desk top mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-mode-issue-with-win-10/7d49da3c-fc39-4066-bfc3-17e71da9d523
  10. Boot into safe mode in Win 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot into safe mode in Win 10?: Is there a way to boot into Win 10 in a safe mode? The reason I ask is I am having trouble in normal mode trying to get rid of my win.old file. It will let me delete some of it but not all. So maybe in safe mode I can delete it all or am I missing something here? TIA...