Windows 10: Win 10 "Your Family" Disable MSFT Account Requirement

Discus and support Win 10 "Your Family" Disable MSFT Account Requirement in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Why, oh why does Microsoft insist on creating a Microsoft account to use "Family" features. I want to create separate profiles with different... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by The_Real_JasonM, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Win 10 "Your Family" Disable MSFT Account Requirement

Why, oh why does Microsoft insist on creating a Microsoft account to use "Family" features.

I want to create separate profiles with different controls, to separate my experience into various modes. I.e. A "Work Mode", that disables/ limits games and other distractions. A "Game Mode" that limits game time to allow me to self manage myself.

I am waiting for the answers to come:

• MSFT does not care about what I want, they want this implementation so it will not change.
    • You can do a workaround by creating a Local User, but you don't get the features.

I don't care. This is a bone headed user-unfriendly requirement to setup accounts for more utility. I do not believe for a second that there are any technological limitations that mandate features like this must be connected to a company's central account or service.

Microsoft: Fix this garbage, enable "family" settings on other local accounts without a MSFT account.

Win 10 users, like me, who hate the account requirement: Please lets bring more attention to this.

Win 10 users who don't mind the account requirement: I don't care about your opinion.

:)

The_Real_JasonM, Oct 14, 2020

2. Windows 10 Family Safety Requires Children To Have A Microsoft Account?

We just upgraded our son's Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro. While trying to setup Family Safety, it apparently requires the child to have a Microsoft account.

On Win 7, both the administrator and child accounts were local. Am I missing something or is Microsoft requiring a 5 year old to have an email account (which is unacceptable). We would like ALL accounts to be local and for Family Safety to register with
    the Microsoft account (as it did in Win 7).

The instructions say:

• If they don't have an email address, click The person I want to invite doesn’t have an email address.

• After they've accepted the email invitation, have them sign in to Windows 10 using the same email address you sent the invitation to.
    But how can they accept the invitation if they don't have an email address?

Any advice is appreciated.

----- Update ----

After waiting 2 hours to chat with Microsoft technical support, they confirmed that they REQUIRE child accounts to have an email address.

MS Tech Support: "I checked however on Windows 10, it will be a requirement, it could be for enhanced security feature"

Absolutely ridiculous they expect a child to have an email address and it's required to protect them.

Hope this helps someone and we are downgrading.

Win Preview, Oct 14, 2020
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    Microsoft Family Features

Hello Laura,

To disable family features and turn off family settings on Windows 10, I suggest that you follow the steps outlined in these support articles:

Make sure you're signed in with your Microsoft account to
    account.microsoft.com/family
    . For more information about troubleshooting issues with family features, please see this
    forum article
    created by Daniel Strommen [MSFT].

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Carlo Fer, Oct 14, 2020
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

Win 10 "Your Family" Disable MSFT Account Requirement

Family restrictions on adult account

Hello Erik,

There are several reasons for this issue to happen. if you’re sure that your account should not be included in a family restriction, we suggest that you check the below articles:

These articles contain steps that you can perform to help you resolve your issue.

Keep us updated with the results.

Jelo Sen, Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

Win 10 "Your Family" Disable MSFT Account Requirement

1. Win 10 "Your Family" Disable MSFT Account Requirement - Similar Threads - Family Disable MSFT

2. Win 10 Home: primary MSFT account address a MSFT 365 Business Standard email address?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Home: primary MSFT account address a MSFT 365 Business Standard email address?: Is this combination not allowed? i.e. - must the email address be a personal e.g. outlook.com address or - the Win10 edition be Pro or Enterprise or Education...
  3. Win 10 Home: primary MSFT account address a MSFT 365 Business Standard email address?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Home: primary MSFT account address a MSFT 365 Business Standard email address?: Is this combination not allowed? i.e. - must the email address be a personal e.g. outlook.com address or - the Win10 edition be Pro or Enterprise or Education...
  4. Win 10 Home: primary MSFT account address a MSFT 365 Business Standard email address?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. In my Win 11, Family account option is disabled, how to enable it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In my Win 11, Family account option is disabled, how to enable it: Dear Community People.I have recently upgraded my system to Win 11, and i am the user and my son has a local user type account. Initially i was able to see Family & other Users. After changing few settings, Family option is no more viewable. Can you please help to provide...
  6. In my Win 11, Family account option is disabled, how to enable it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In my Win 11, Family account option is disabled, how to enable it: Dear Community People.I have recently upgraded my system to Win 11, and i am the user and my son has a local user type account. Initially i was able to see Family & other Users. After changing few settings, Family option is no more viewable. Can you please help to provide...
  7. Disable "your organization requires you to change your password"?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Disable "your organization requires you to change your password"?: During covid, I worked from home using my personal computer. I installed Microsoft Office, which installed a work account on my computer. And of course, according to work policies, I had to change my password every few weeks. Now, however, we are back in the office. I have...
  8. Disable Microsoft accounts on Win 8 and Win 10

Disable Microsoft accounts on Win 8 and Win 10: I have seen another thread that is now locked and it was outlined in there but the user that posted it had some things named wrong as by his words english was a second language and he was using his native language in windows. See original:...
  9. Disable: Your organization requires that you change your PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable: Your organization requires that you change your PIN: I keep getting the subject demand on my login screen every few weeks or so. I purchased the laptop, not "my organization" for home work purposes. There is no reason for me to change the PIN this frequently, and I want to either disable it or extend the period to something...
  10. "Some of your accounts require attention"

"Some of your accounts require attention": Every so often I get a notification from Windows saying "Some of your accounts require attention" When I go to Start -> Settings -> Shared Experiences I see the same message in red above a "Fix now" button, which when clicked asks me to enter my PIN. And when I enter my PIN...