Windows 10: Win 10will no boot or recover

Discus and support Win 10will no boot or recover in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Win 10 just froze so I restarted. Asks me what keyboard language to use then goes to a troubleshooting menu. System restore and a couple other recovery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by infael, Sep 17, 2019.

1. infael Win User

Win 10will no boot or recover

Win 10 just froze so I restarted. Asks me what keyboard language to use then goes to a troubleshooting menu. System restore and a couple other recovery options in that menu completely failed.

chkdsk /f /r wont run cuz the drive is write protected. I tried to create a recovery USB a couple days ago but it failed and I just forgot to try again.

Windows Advisors is taking forever to get to me.

I had a couple blue screens this week. System retore seemed to fix but apparently not, now. Errors were "Driver less than irq"or something like that, and "Driver overran stack buffer"

Really wish Windows updates could be blocked instead of just delayed.

:)

infael, Sep 17, 2019

2. Windows 10 won't boot, repair, recover or reinstall

Thank you, Gerard! I appreciate your help.

I tried using Win 10 boot media to reinstall from scratch. Install chugs away for a while then shows me a list of partitions on my hard drive. No matter which I select, Windows can't be installed because they're GPT partitions.

I've also tried running chkdsk /r /x as suggested in another post. That seemed to run without any problems, but when I restarted I eventually got a blue screen with error 0xC0000021a.

At this point it's looking like I need to completely reformat the disk and reinstall Windows from the boot media. Is that the next step? I've recovered my data - which is all still accessible.

Outpost_CX, Sep 17, 2019
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Sep 17, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Cant recover Win 10 on Lenovo Yoga c930

Hi, if you wish to treat this as a BSOD case, could I suggest you post it in the BSOD section and follow the posting rules (which entails data collection) if you are able to do that?

To examine the disk, you can use a boot disk. Please try creating Kyhi's boot disk which offers many utilities as you will see from the screenshot and the list - near the top of the threads in the Software and Apps section here.

This would also allow you to recover data should that be necessary.

dalchina, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Win 10will no boot or recover - Similar Threads - 10will boot recover

2. it can't boot or recover win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    it can't boot or recover win11: non boot winload.efi κωδικός σφάλματος 0xc0000225 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-cant-boot-or-recover-win11/f44e9836-8afe-47c5-bcd3-2857e1aa620f
  3. it can't boot or recover win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    it can't boot or recover win11: non boot winload.efi κωδικός σφάλματος 0xc0000225 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-cant-boot-or-recover-win11/f44e9836-8afe-47c5-bcd3-2857e1aa620f
  4. recover my win 10 lic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recover my win 10 lic: sir i have upgraded win 10 home sl to win 10 professional from microsoft store now i have formated my computer it again start with home sl 10 how to recover win 10 pro lic anil...
  5. Recover Win 10 product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Recover Win 10 product key: For reasons that would take far too long to explain, I need to recover my Win 10 product key. I am no longer able to use the version that came installed with the computer. To fix this I bought a new version from Amazon, though it did not come with a key. The new version is...
  6. Windows won't boot or recover

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows won't boot or recover: I switched from dp to hdmi to be greeted by a blank, black screen on boot. I tried restarting, nothing. Switching back to dp, nothing. I tried recovery but it just rebooted. After that if I booted without the recovery drive and it came up with a black screen but this time...
  7. Win 10 recover files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 recover files: I had to do a complete refresh/restore on my computer, Win 10 OS. Though I saved all files in Documents. Apparently some folders did get saved. Is there a way or can I recover the lost/deleted files?...
  8. Recover deleted boot partition

Recover deleted boot partition: I accidentally deleted all partitions on an SSD including the one a Windows install was on. I've recovered the partitions using Partition Assistant and all the data/partitions are there, but the SSD is no longer bootable - it just goes straight to the 'Windows could not...
  9. Recovering a Windows that wont boot.

Recovering a Windows that wont boot.: How the problem originated: I tried to resize my system partition using Aomei Partiton Manager. I was successful in resizing the partiton but my windows stopped booting. Current status: when i turn on my laptop i see the windows logo and the spinning/loading icon below it....
  10. Recovering password in Win 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Recovering password in Win 10?: Thru a series of errors, my computer is in safe mode, internet access denied and normal steps to get to a command prompt have failed. Screen showing is password login screen, don't have the password. Two part question: 1 is there a way to get past the password screen and...