Windows 10: Win 11 acting like new install after automatic update - what happened?

Discus and support Win 11 acting like new install after automatic update - what happened? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Mid-last week ~21 Jun my Win 11 PC formerly Win 10, upgraded about 5 weeks ago ran an auto update and sat waiting for a reboot to effect the change. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Matthew_Kitchin_AUST, Jun 27, 2022.

1. Win 11 acting like new install after automatic update - what happened?

Mid-last week ~21 Jun my Win 11 PC formerly Win 10, upgraded about 5 weeks ago ran an auto update and sat waiting for a reboot to effect the change. I rebooted on my way out the door for work. When I came home, i essentially lost everything. I have slowly had to rebuild my outlook with all the various email accounts, Edge browser is acting like its never met me before, anything that was saved as history was gone, many applications are calling ofr re-insertion of licence details eg Corel, and worst of all I cant open many files, with an error about special accounts. What the HELL happened

:)

Matthew_Kitchin_AUST, Jun 27, 2022

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jun 27, 2022
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Win 11 acting like new install after automatic update - what happened? :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Jun 27, 2022
  4. bigscale Win User

Win 11 acting like new install after automatic update - what happened?

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Jun 27, 2022
Thema:

Win 11 acting like new install after automatic update - what happened?

1. Win 11 acting like new install after automatic update - what happened? - Similar Threads - acting install automatic

2. whats the new windows 11 like?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    whats the new windows 11 like?: its the best https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-the-new-windows-11-like/5da95cb4-8655-41aa-b7de-e10f2ecf1e08
  3. whats the new windows 11 like?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    whats the new windows 11 like?: its the best https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-the-new-windows-11-like/5da95cb4-8655-41aa-b7de-e10f2ecf1e08
  4. Win 11 acting like new install after automatic update - what happened?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 acting like new install after automatic update - what happened?: Mid-last week ~21 Jun my Win 11 PC formerly Win 10, upgraded about 5 weeks ago ran an auto update and sat waiting for a reboot to effect the change. I rebooted on my way out the door for work. When I came home, i essentially lost everything. I have slowly had to rebuild my...
  5. upon windows 11 upgrade, what happens to already installed applications like citrix and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upon windows 11 upgrade, what happens to already installed applications like citrix and...: upon windows 11 upgrade, what happens to already installed applications like citrix and microsoft office 2007 etc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upon-windows-11-upgrade-what-happens-to-already/f7be33d0-6ed4-4e32-abd2-2f3fc76a9daf
  6. What happens to Desktop after new install?

in Windows 10 Support
    What happens to Desktop after new install?: Going to be installing Win10 on a new HDD but was wondering what happens to everything already on my existing desktop. Once Ive installed the OS to the new drive I will plug that drive back in and be using my existing drive that Windows is currently installed to as storage....
  7. what change will happen in new windows 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    what change will happen in new windows 11: i am waiting for windows 11 from very long time, kindly share some details on updated windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-change-will-happen-in-new-windows-11/7d896b8d-e575-4c18-9ea1-bd227248e73d
  8. After the automatic windows update, this happens

in Windows 10 Support
    After the automatic windows update, this happens: I didnt find anything related to this error in my native language so I apologize if this is already a known issue. After win update ran a check on my system, it came back with the windows black screen with a blue windows and tiny dots meaning its loading and then it all stops...
  9. Updating while away and acting like nothing happened

in Windows 10 Customization
    Updating while away and acting like nothing happened: I came to rant over the fact that you guys update my computer automatically when i am away, and then try to act like you did absolutely nothing by re-opening all of the tabs and windows i had open before i went away. Complete ****, cut the ****, i'd really appreciate it....
  10. Win 10 Automatic Updates after clean install?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Automatic Updates after clean install?: Right after a clean install of Win10 how much time does It take before it starts to check for updates? How much delay time is this? Should I leave my machine ON overnight and it should start checking for updates to download? I installed Win10 about 1 hour ago. So...