Windows 10: Win 11 box freezes under low/no load, fine under high load

Discus and support Win 11 box freezes under low/no load, fine under high load in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,Having irritation with my Win 11 PC which is black-screening/hard locking power/reset buttons unresponsive, need to cut power to the PSU. It doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by David Jaggie, Mar 4, 2024.

1. Win 11 box freezes under low/no load, fine under high load

Hi,Having irritation with my Win 11 PC which is black-screening/hard locking power/reset buttons unresponsive, need to cut power to the PSU. It doesn't happen when playing intensive games, it does happen when just browsing the internet. I can play Cyberpunk 2077 for hours. Browsing the web Firefox or Chrome and watching streams? Black screen lock up. Can be 5 minutes or 4 hours.1 I'm up to date on windows updates, even optional ones2 latest video drivers and bios 3 sfc and dsim haven't turned anything up4 Memtest86 through 8 passes shows no issues5 Nothing in C:\windows\minidump6

:)

David Jaggie, Mar 4, 2024
  2. Vellaura Win User

Low Ram - High CPU Load?

Nah no leak, I did some research and it is complicated. But I don't understand why it's overheating. I might have to give it a knock or turn it upside down. Maybe the liquid stuck on one side. I'm looking to replace it with a fan heatsink cooler but not sure if it's necessary.

The pump is making a noise so my guess is it's related to that.

- - - Updated - - -

Win 11 box freezes under low/no load, fine under high load 303196d1603523253t-low-ram-high-cpu-load-temps.png

Win 11 box freezes under low/no load, fine under high load 303197d1603523253t-low-ram-high-cpu-load-temps1.png

Win 11 box freezes under low/no load, fine under high load 303198d1603523253t-low-ram-high-cpu-load-temps2.png

Does anything look unusual? I opened the case up, knocked on the pumps a little, turned the case upside down, left side up and all around, in hopes to maybe get the liquid flowing in case it was stuck somewhere. It's been going good so far, usually when I open up chrome the temps start to go.

The temperatures where fluctuating higher initially but eventually it started to hang around 40's as shown in pictures. I have some more pictures from initial start up when it was running hotter if you would like those.

Thank you.

Edit: I can hear little sounds like as if cooking butter on a stove from the pumps.

So far so good, going to run a game, see what happens, hopefully might just need to re apply thermal paste, worst case might need to a new cpu cooler.

My temps definitely spike up to around 50-55 when I launch a program. I dont think thats normal, temps should stay pretty stable right?

Definitely fluctuates up and down.

Win 11 box freezes under low/no load, fine under high load 303199d1603524114t-low-ram-high-cpu-load-tft.png

With TFT running

Win 11 box freezes under low/no load, fine under high load 303200d1603524490t-low-ram-high-cpu-load-tft-2.png

Starting to rise over time

Win 11 box freezes under low/no load, fine under high load 303202d1603524831t-low-ram-high-cpu-load-back-idle.png

Back to idle

Win 11 box freezes under low/no load, fine under high load 303203d1603525351t-low-ram-high-cpu-load-lasst.png

More Idle, (last pic I promise XD)

Vellaura, Mar 4, 2024
  3. high end pc freezes at random intervals (low load)

BUILD:

CPU: 6770K with water cooling (not OCed)

GPU: inno3D GTX 780 (not OCed)

Ram: dominator 32GB

MOBO: Maximus XIII Ranger

SSDs: 2x 500GB plextor (raid0)

BACKGROUND:

Just built a new pc (only the SSDs and GPU are from my old computer), works fine on Windows 7 until one day the Asus MOBO warned me about some boot security issue. Not being able to start windows at all, I decided to reinstall Win 7. I cleaned the SSDs using another computer, but whenever I entered the installation screen, I was greeted with the "A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing" error (never happened before when I first installed). I have tried everything possible: redownloaded Win7, used both DVD and USB, formatted the SSDs , and even tried the "change USB port" method on the internet. Nothing changed. So I tried installing windows 10, and it worked! (used a 8GB USB with the official USB burning tool from microsoft)

However, soon I noticed sudden freezes on my computer, and here are the main sympotoms:

1. CPU at low temp (watercooling duh)
    2. low CPU/RAM/GPU load (with both taskmgr and 3rd party monitor apps)
    3. network I/O immediately drops to zero, even if donwloading
    4. mouse cursor can be moved
    5. no immediate responds to both mouse clicks and keyboard, but all actions will "burst" out once the computer unfreezes
    6. video playing wont be disrupted
    7. CTRL ALT DEL doesnt work (will work once computer unfreezes)
    8. happens totally randomly, duration varies, average 10s
    9. virus scan found nothing
    10. SSDs SMART status normal
    11. sometimes during games (i have only tried overwatch on my build so far), video freezes, sounds unaffected. I can open GPU monitors and it shows my GPU process drops to 0. This is not the same with the typical freezes, as I only the game video is affected. This never happened on Windows 7.

In a nutshell, my computer freezes randomly without any virus/application peaking my CPU. Othertimes, my PC is very fast. I suspect it may be the SSDs, any clues or solutions?

Ronald Hsu, Mar 4, 2024
  4. Win 11 box freezes under low/no load, fine under high load

Windows 10 boot freezes on logo but pressing reset it loads fine the second time.

I turn on my computer and it boots up to the windows loading screen then it freezes. No loading dots just the logo. I press the reset button on my tower and then it boots up fine the second time no issues. Any suggestions on how to fix this? All the other
    topics on here seem to be people cant get into windows at all due to a freeze but I can just fine after a press of the reset button. Thanks everyone!

UsurperAdamas, Mar 4, 2024
Thema:

Win 11 box freezes under low/no load, fine under high load

1. Win 11 box freezes under low/no load, fine under high load - Similar Threads - box freezes under

2. Win 11 box freezes under low/no load, fine under high load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 box freezes under low/no load, fine under high load: Hi,Having irritation with my Win 11 PC which is black-screening/hard locking power/reset buttons unresponsive, need to cut power to the PSU. It doesn't happen when playing intensive games, it does happen when just browsing the internet. I can play Cyberpunk 2077 for hours....
  3. PC Freezing and crashing under intensive load.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Freezing and crashing under intensive load.: After running various system tests and doing a total of 15 or more hours of researching the issue I am 99% certain it's my PSU. My main list of reasons, 1: when my pc freezes the fans begin spinning uncontrollably due to faulty power modulation 2: There are no event logs when...
  4. PC Freezing and crashing under intensive load.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Freezing and crashing under intensive load.: After running various system tests and doing a total of 15 or more hours of researching the issue I am 99% certain it's my PSU. My main list of reasons, 1: when my pc freezes the fans begin spinning uncontrollably due to faulty power modulation 2: There are no event logs when...
  5. My Laptop completely freezes under load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Laptop completely freezes under load: So my Laptop has 2 GPUs,integrated Vega 3 and external Radeon 535. When I try to play games with the 535,everything runs smoothly for the first 10 minutes,then the fans go absolutely crazy and everything freezes. At that point I can only manually shut it down. I am 100% sure...
  6. Very high latency under network load.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Very high latency under network load.: Hey guys, I've had this problem since i built my computer around 4 years ago but is starting to get worse to the point its unusable. It started as a small stutter when i was using WLAN, always disappeared when i disabled the wireless card and used a wired connection....
  7. Windows 10 Freezes Under Light Load

Windows 10 Freezes Under Light Load: This case looks a bit mysterious. My Windows freezes permanently/hard reboot in approximately 3-5 mins after starting up. To fix this issue I tried: 1. Run update and install major and secondary updates Result: Windows froze in the middle of installation, and later -...
  8. Freezing Under Load

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Freezing Under Load: Hello, I have a custom built windows 10 gaming pc. My pc is “freezing” under load. However, I am still able access the start menu. All drivers are up to date. Specs: OS: Windows 10 1909 MB: MSI B350 Tomahawk Ram: 16GB DDR4 CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600x (not overclocked) GPU: Nvidia...
  9. System Freezes While Under Load

System Freezes While Under Load: (This isn't a BSOD situation, but I can't find a forum section for system freezes) I have an i7-5820K overclocked to 4.2GHz as well as two GTX 980s in SLI. Occasionally while gaming, the system will lock up and will not respond until I shut down the computer either by...
  10. BSOD freezing and crashing under load

BSOD freezing and crashing under load: My computer has always crashed frequently since I built it a few months ago. I finally did a clean Windows 10 install to see if that would sort it out but it didn't. It appears random. It crashes during resource intensive games, not resource intensive games, browsing,...